Dawn of War 2 Retribution and v295.73 drivers The new driver causes severe graphical issues with thi
After installing the new v295.73 drivers I've been having severe graphical issues with DoW2: Retribution. Moving the camera around causes severe tearing, much worse than playing with vsync off ever would. And all moving units, effects or whatever are "shaking". It kinda looks like they move two steps forward then lags one step back and so on. I don't know how else to describe it.

Reverting to the previous driver, v290.53, solved the problem immediately.

I have not experienced this in any other game.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80Ghz
12GB DDR3 RAM
2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 SLI
After installing the new v295.73 drivers I've been having severe graphical issues with DoW2: Retribution. Moving the camera around causes severe tearing, much worse than playing with vsync off ever would. And all moving units, effects or whatever are "shaking". It kinda looks like they move two steps forward then lags one step back and so on. I don't know how else to describe it.

Specs:

12GB DDR3 RAM

GF GTX 480 SLI | i7 930 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 12GB RAM | Samsung SyncMaster P2770 | Win 8 64-bit | Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium FPS

No overclocking.

Posted 02/23/2012 10:22 PM   
[quote name='SykoPat' date='23 February 2012 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1330035778' post='1374073']

Specs:

12GB DDR3 RAM
[/quote]

Does the problem occur if you disable SLI mode? If you can post a Youtube video of the problem, that'd help.
The fact that it doesn't occur with the R290 driver tells me it may be driver issue but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities.
[quote name='SykoPat' date='23 February 2012 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1330035778' post='1374073']

Specs:

12GB DDR3 RAM

Does the problem occur if you disable SLI mode? If you can post a Youtube video of the problem, that'd help.

The fact that it doesn't occur with the R290 driver tells me it may be driver issue but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 03/02/2012 01:40 AM   
Hi there, sorry for the lack of response. I have some updates on the issue that still persists in the recently released driver v296.10.

The issue seems to be related to SLI and VSYNC, disabling either seems to resolve the issue.
Capturing it seems to be a problem though as the captured video does not display the distortion I see on screen.

On a totally unrelated note, the installer shows Internet Explorer style can't open page messages instead of the usual background of the installer during the installation and the control panel "home page" is mostly blank except for driver version number and GPU name. Didn't it use to be more text and stuff there?

Edit:

I just had an idea. Maybe the problem is that with SLI and VSYNC enabled the frames don't match up for some reason? When standing still everything looks fine, it's when you move around or other characters/objects moving around that makes the issue apparent. It kinda looks like an old fashioned photo that has been exposed multiple times consisting of the current and a few previous frames, only in this case it's a movie, since games are moving pictures and not stills.

Hope this makes more sense.
Hi there, sorry for the lack of response. I have some updates on the issue that still persists in the recently released driver v296.10.

The issue seems to be related to SLI and VSYNC, disabling either seems to resolve the issue.

Capturing it seems to be a problem though as the captured video does not display the distortion I see on screen.

On a totally unrelated note, the installer shows Internet Explorer style can't open page messages instead of the usual background of the installer during the installation and the control panel "home page" is mostly blank except for driver version number and GPU name. Didn't it use to be more text and stuff there?

Edit:

I just had an idea. Maybe the problem is that with SLI and VSYNC enabled the frames don't match up for some reason? When standing still everything looks fine, it's when you move around or other characters/objects moving around that makes the issue apparent. It kinda looks like an old fashioned photo that has been exposed multiple times consisting of the current and a few previous frames, only in this case it's a movie, since games are moving pictures and not stills.

GF GTX 480 SLI | i7 930 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 12GB RAM | Samsung SyncMaster P2770 | Win 8 64-bit | Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium FPS

No overclocking.

Posted 03/14/2012 09:52 PM   
[quote name='SykoPat' date='14 March 2012 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1331761971' post='1382957']

Edit:

[/quote]
Can you please open a case at the link below and address it to me. We'll need additional information to investigate.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/account%252Foverview

Thanks.
[quote name='SykoPat' date='14 March 2012 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1331761971' post='1382957']

Edit:

Can you please open a case at the link below and address it to me. We'll need additional information to investigate.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/account%252Foverview

Thanks.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 03/16/2012 10:16 PM   
I've opened a case now, ref: [b]#120317-000025[/b]
I've opened a case now, ref: #120317-000025

No overclocking.

Posted 03/17/2012 01:33 PM   
Exactly the same problem here, with GTX590 which had a built in SLI, the probelm still exist after driver 296.10
And not only DOW2, but the new game Microsoft Flight have the same issue from the starting menu.

Hope this could be solved soon.
Exactly the same problem here, with GTX590 which had a built in SLI, the probelm still exist after driver 296.10

And not only DOW2, but the new game Microsoft Flight have the same issue from the starting menu.

Posted 03/18/2012 03:53 AM   
[quote name='icefcold' date='18 March 2012 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1332042823' post='1384382']

[/quote]

Yes, I've also seen this in multiple games. Seems it might affect most, if not all, games supporting SLI and VSYNC.

Edit:

I've linked to this thread in the support case I've created, so if anyone have experienced this, have any thoughts or comments on the matter feel free to add them here. It could be how and when the issues started, solutions you've tried, speculations of what you think may have caused it etc.
[quote name='icefcold' date='18 March 2012 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1332042823' post='1384382']

Yes, I've also seen this in multiple games. Seems it might affect most, if not all, games supporting SLI and VSYNC.

Edit:

I've linked to this thread in the support case I've created, so if anyone have experienced this, have any thoughts or comments on the matter feel free to add them here. It could be how and when the issues started, solutions you've tried, speculations of what you think may have caused it etc.

No overclocking.

Posted 03/18/2012 10:59 AM   
[quote name='SykoPat' date='18 March 2012 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1332068346' post='1384461']

Edit:

[/quote]

Hi Guys, Same problem here with my Dawn of War 2 Ret. Please fix it. I'm getting extreamly frustrated swapping drivers all the time just to play my games. Old driver works perfectly, new one causes severe issues.

I'm running a GTX 295.

Thanks,

Ben
[quote name='SykoPat' date='18 March 2012 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1332068346' post='1384461']

Edit:

Hi Guys, Same problem here with my Dawn of War 2 Ret. Please fix it. I'm getting extreamly frustrated swapping drivers all the time just to play my games. Old driver works perfectly, new one causes severe issues.

I'm running a GTX 295.

Thanks,

Ben

Posted 04/21/2012 02:42 AM   
I too have been having these issues. Disabling sli works for me but when I try and disable VSYNC it still causes this issue. Here is a youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmsvdOTp6rA&context=C4e8a7a0ADvjVQa1PpcFP-oxwYA0RID9w7CySGF6BFOrB4_xfXXrU=
as you can see it is initially green shading then it pop back to normal and starts flickering.
I too have been having these issues. Disabling sli works for me but when I try and disable VSYNC it still causes this issue. Here is a youtube video.

/>
as you can see it is initially green shading then it pop back to normal and starts flickering.

Posted 04/24/2012 09:05 PM   
Would be nice if someone from Nvidia dropped in with some information on when it will be fixed.
Would be nice if someone from Nvidia dropped in with some information on when it will be fixed.

Posted 04/25/2012 06:34 AM   
Scroll To Top