Deus Ex HR - did they fix the 3D in the end? seriously, no joke, it's on offer on Steam
  1 / 2    
Hi

Fixed as in 3D we are all used to, not 3D HUD, 2D everything else.

Thanks!

***edited for clarity***

IS it fixed? I'm not saying it is fixed. No.
Hi

Fixed as in 3D we are all used to, not 3D HUD, 2D everything else.

Thanks!

***edited for clarity***

IS it fixed? I'm not saying it is fixed. No.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

GameGrade 3D
Helix Mod - community fixes
Ramblings of a 3D Gamer (3D Reviews/Tweaks)
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 02/23/2012 08:10 PM   
photos.3dvisionlive.com/helifax/image/4e5a8e50378501b32c050000/

At one point it was really flat. I haven't attempted since. Helifax said thats better now in a post. If you message him he will tell you since he's an awesome guy. I think he even discovered a rename).exe) you could do to make it better.

I do see some "2D" - one eye effects though. The 2D effects could be fixed using the helix mod. http://helixmod.wikispot.org/Coding_Fixed_Issues though. Not sure what else remains. If you run the debug and find the shader I could fix that probably.
photos.3dvisionlive.com/helifax/image/4e5a8e50378501b32c050000/

At one point it was really flat. I haven't attempted since. Helifax said thats better now in a post. If you message him he will tell you since he's an awesome guy. I think he even discovered a rename).exe) you could do to make it better.

I do see some "2D" - one eye effects though. The 2D effects could be fixed using the helix mod. http://helixmod.wikispot.org/Coding_Fixed_Issues though. Not sure what else remains. If you run the debug and find the shader I could fix that probably.
[b]They[/b] didn't, but Flugan and Rajko Stojadinovic did. Heres Flugan's depth hack:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=207148&view=findpost&p=1353068

Works great.
They didn't, but Flugan and Rajko Stojadinovic did. Heres Flugan's depth hack:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=207148&view=findpost&p=1353068

Works great.

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)
Post here for support for 3D in BF4, BF devs will see it

Posted 02/24/2012 02:19 AM   
Its still not fixed imo, you can get good convergence and depth with Flugan's tool but it completely breaks ironsight functionality. I think HeliX mod could fix this if he released a DX10/11 version of his wrapper, as you could change the separation of just the gun/ironsights so that they line up with high depth/convergence settings.

But yeah I saw its on sale for $9.99 on Steam right now, so probably a good buy at this price even if the 3D is still lackluster.
Its still not fixed imo, you can get good convergence and depth with Flugan's tool but it completely breaks ironsight functionality. I think HeliX mod could fix this if he released a DX10/11 version of his wrapper, as you could change the separation of just the gun/ironsights so that they line up with high depth/convergence settings.

But yeah I saw its on sale for $9.99 on Steam right now, so probably a good buy at this price even if the 3D is still lackluster.

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 02/24/2012 02:44 AM   
Can't it do dx9? (deus ex)
Can't it do dx9? (deus ex)
Its native 3D in DX11 only, DX9 with Nvidia auto-stereo driver required the unofficial workaround with modified .exe which I don't believe works anymore. At least it didn't last time I tried.
Its native 3D in DX11 only, DX9 with Nvidia auto-stereo driver required the unofficial workaround with modified .exe which I don't believe works anymore. At least it didn't last time I tried.

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0

Posted 02/24/2012 02:55 AM   
I just finished it a few days ago and barely messed with the 3D. It just wasn't worth the bother. The gameplay and the story are great but the graphics are pretty so-so.
I just finished it a few days ago and barely messed with the 3D. It just wasn't worth the bother. The gameplay and the story are great but the graphics are pretty so-so.

Posted 02/24/2012 03:07 AM   
I've tried the first levels in 3D and 2D and i really liked it in 3D with the depth fix. They use all kinds of real geometry all over the place and the scenery is pretty good. I like the feeling of height and expansivness when looking out windows. The textures are extremely up and down..

Im waiting for SBS to play it through...
I've tried the first levels in 3D and 2D and i really liked it in 3D with the depth fix. They use all kinds of real geometry all over the place and the scenery is pretty good. I like the feeling of height and expansivness when looking out windows. The textures are extremely up and down..

Im waiting for SBS to play it through...

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)

Posted 02/24/2012 03:55 AM   
[quote name='Zloth' date='24 February 2012 - 03:07 AM' timestamp='1330052858' post='1374183']
[/quote]
I loved the story as well and even read the book which was ok. The graphics were really poor, I also didn't see anything that stood out as DX11(lighting/effects). It almost seemed a straight console port. Great game though.
Ending was a bit of let down. Which is a growing trend with sandbox type games/"Open" games.
[quote name='Zloth' date='24 February 2012 - 03:07 AM' timestamp='1330052858' post='1374183']

I loved the story as well and even read the book which was ok. The graphics were really poor, I also didn't see anything that stood out as DX11(lighting/effects). It almost seemed a straight console port. Great game though.

Ending was a bit of let down. Which is a growing trend with sandbox type games/"Open" games.
Thanks

but

Oh I am so confused! :(

Don't know what to do. If the 3D is broken I wont play it so it is a waste.

I can handle a little bit of glitchiness though. I like to play with iron sights but can pretend the game doesn't use them if it is broken.

£10 is a lot of money and I have also been fore-warned. Should I get it?

I hate Steam offers!

Thanks
Thanks

but

Oh I am so confused! :(

Don't know what to do. If the 3D is broken I wont play it so it is a waste.

I can handle a little bit of glitchiness though. I like to play with iron sights but can pretend the game doesn't use them if it is broken.

£10 is a lot of money and I have also been fore-warned. Should I get it?

I hate Steam offers!

Thanks

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 02/24/2012 03:51 PM   
If ironsight/crosshair bother you no.(Less of a bother with less convergence probably)

If you want a game with good 3d/story yes.
If ironsight/crosshair bother you no.(Less of a bother with less convergence probably)

If you want a game with good 3d/story yes.
Thanks

I will give it a go. Really enjoyed DE1

I can't say say I wasn't warned right?

Are the fixes easy to find? I should stop being lazy.
Thanks

I will give it a go. Really enjoyed DE1

I can't say say I wasn't warned right?

Are the fixes easy to find? I should stop being lazy.

-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 02/24/2012 07:56 PM   
Just follow Libertine's link above, and use Flugan's tool to set depth/convergence beyond the normal allowable in-game settings. That's the real benefit of the tool as the default settings only allow you to go to ~24 depth (of 100). 47.4 stereo plane and 100 depth/separation give good 3D results as you'd expect from most games, but this setting results in unusable ironsights because the devs don't use a separate convergence setting for ADS/ironsight view as most games do. The workaround is to use much lower convergence setting to get ironsights usable, but you get much flatter 3D overall. I'm personally waiting on this game, if HeliX gets a DX11 version of his wrapper out, it may be possible to correct the separation enough in ADS/ironsight mode so we can get the best of both worlds.
Just follow Libertine's link above, and use Flugan's tool to set depth/convergence beyond the normal allowable in-game settings. That's the real benefit of the tool as the default settings only allow you to go to ~24 depth (of 100). 47.4 stereo plane and 100 depth/separation give good 3D results as you'd expect from most games, but this setting results in unusable ironsights because the devs don't use a separate convergence setting for ADS/ironsight view as most games do. The workaround is to use much lower convergence setting to get ironsights usable, but you get much flatter 3D overall. I'm personally waiting on this game, if HeliX gets a DX11 version of his wrapper out, it may be possible to correct the separation enough in ADS/ironsight mode so we can get the best of both worlds.

Posted 02/24/2012 08:00 PM   
Wonder if Helix or Chiz still need to play through it, if so they might be able to fix some things. Im still waiting for SBS for this game. Andrew said it would be here about now.
Wonder if Helix or Chiz still need to play through it, if so they might be able to fix some things. Im still waiting for SBS for this game. Andrew said it would be here about now.

Posted 02/24/2012 08:02 PM   
Thanks for the help!

Looking forward to it :)
Thanks for the help!

Looking forward to it :)

-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 02/24/2012 08:08 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top