PhysX installation problem
I am having problems installing the PhysX driver, both in the driver install package and the stand alone .msi file. When I run the driver install package the graphics driver installs, but then the install "fails". When I use the.msi file it begins to install to a point then I get an error msg: "ERROR 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:\Windows\Installer\PhysX_9.11.1107_SystemSoftware.msi" I have uninstalled PhysX and tried the installation with the same result. I have tried deleting the Physx folder and tried installing different versions of PhysX and receive the same error msg. Anyone have a solution or workaround for this problem?
I am having problems installing the PhysX driver, both in the driver install package and the stand alone .msi file. When I run the driver install package the graphics driver installs, but then the install "fails". When I use the.msi file it begins to install to a point then I get an error msg: "ERROR 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:\Windows\Installer\PhysX_9.11.1107_SystemSoftware.msi" I have uninstalled PhysX and tried the installation with the same result. I have tried deleting the Physx folder and tried installing different versions of PhysX and receive the same error msg. Anyone have a solution or workaround for this problem?

Posted 02/23/2012 04:27 PM   
This type of error are often caused by a corrupted windows installer package, download and run Windows Installer CleanUp
This type of error are often caused by a corrupted windows installer package, download and run Windows Installer CleanUp

Posted 02/23/2012 04:35 PM   
[quote name='jmsquared' date='23 February 2012 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1330014434' post='1373923']
[/quote]

go to the Microsoft website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187 that tool scroll on the tool to physics and it will uninstall it for you so you can install the physics (spread the word to help others).
[quote name='jmsquared' date='23 February 2012 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1330014434' post='1373923']

go to the Microsoft website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187 that tool scroll on the tool to physics and it will uninstall it for you so you can install the physics (spread the word to help others).

Monitor: Synaps LCD 2 x 24"

Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Service Pack 1

EVGA X58 4Way Sli Classified Motherboard

Processor: I7 x990 3.47GH

Memory: 24GB Corsair Vengeance Triple Channel DDR3

Video Card(s): 2x Evga Gtx 590 Quad Sli (1920X1080x60MHZ) Res.

Cooling: Lamptron Touch (5 fans 80%)

Hard Disk(s): 4x 750GB HD

Optical Drive:(1) LIGHTSCRIBE CD/DVD Burner

Optical Drive:(2) SAMSUNG Blu Ray Burner

Power Supply: SilverStone Power 1500W

Evga X58 4way Sli Classified Motherboard

Pc P80 Lian Li Tower

Posted 02/25/2012 04:25 AM   
Scroll To Top