Problem with 295.73 WHQL (240M) Black screen during the reboot after the update of the graphic drive
  1 / 3    
Hi, I can't install the nVIDIA driver 295.73 WHQL (but also the beta drivers 285.79 - 290.36- 290.53 - 295.51) because, when I reboot my operating system, during the loading of Win-7 my notebook screen becomes completely black.Only with the drver 285.62 WHQL I haven't any problems.The features of my notebook are:

Model: Acer ASPIRE 5739
graphics hardware: nVIDIA Geeforce GT 240M 1GB

Is there someone that can help me?
Hi, I can't install the nVIDIA driver 295.73 WHQL (but also the beta drivers 285.79 - 290.36- 290.53 - 295.51) because, when I reboot my operating system, during the loading of Win-7 my notebook screen becomes completely black.Only with the drver 285.62 WHQL I haven't any problems.The features of my notebook are:

Model: Acer ASPIRE 5739

Is there someone that can help me?

Posted 02/23/2012 12:23 AM   
I have the same problem.My notebook screen becomes black.I could only use the driver 285.62 WHQL.
The features of my notebook are:

Model: Acer ASPIRE 5935
I have the same problem.My notebook screen becomes black.I could only use the driver 285.62 WHQL.

The features of my notebook are:

Model: Acer ASPIRE 5935

Posted 02/23/2012 02:41 AM   
Also having same problem. Black screen when loading windows after reboot from driver installation, had to revert back to 285.

I have the same computer model as the OP.

Acer Aspire 5739G
Win7 64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240m
1GB
Also having same problem. Black screen when loading windows after reboot from driver installation, had to revert back to 285.

I have the same computer model as the OP.

Acer Aspire 5739G

Win7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240m

1GB

Posted 02/23/2012 02:46 AM   
Same for me... Packard Bell Easy Note TJ65 With Win 7 x64 Pro and GT240M :-/ WTF
Same for me... Packard Bell Easy Note TJ65 With Win 7 x64 Pro and GT240M :-/ WTF

Posted 02/27/2012 10:15 AM   
I recently installed the latest NVIDIA GeForce update (295.73 whql) and i was told to restart my laptop. After windows started up, I encountered a black screen (monitor seemed to be turned off/unresponsive) I hear system sound of entering the login screen but no video is shown. I am even able of typing my password (even though i can not see what and where i am typing) and then logging into my account (user welcoming sound verifies this). I am currently writing this through "Safe Mode" via the boot, which grants me video into login.

I don't know whats worse, NVIDIA not fixing this or not replying to their users.
Quick replies will be greatly appreciated!

My specs:
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire 5739G
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4,00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Monitor: 15.6" HD LED LCD
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 240M
I recently installed the latest NVIDIA GeForce update (295.73 whql) and i was told to restart my laptop. After windows started up, I encountered a black screen (monitor seemed to be turned off/unresponsive) I hear system sound of entering the login screen but no video is shown. I am even able of typing my password (even though i can not see what and where i am typing) and then logging into my account (user welcoming sound verifies this). I am currently writing this through "Safe Mode" via the boot, which grants me video into login.

I don't know whats worse, NVIDIA not fixing this or not replying to their users.

My specs:

Posted 02/27/2012 04:04 PM   
Same problem. Samsung QX411 w/ GT520m
Same problem. Samsung QX411 w/ GT520m

Posted 02/29/2012 07:02 AM   
Hi All,

We are currently investigating these reports but so far we have not been able to replicate the failure in our lab with any of our laptops. We suspect this is machine specific and possibly timing sensitive since we've even tried the same exact model laptop down to the same system BIOS version. We need your help.

Can everyone try re-installing the 295.73 driver in Safe mode but only install the graphics drivers and see if that helps. Another word use the "Custom (Advanced)" install option and uncheck all items but the graphics drivers. Please also check the "Perform Clean Install" option as well. Can I trouble everyone to include the brand/model of the laptop experiencing this problem with a full system information dump (text format) using "msinfo32.exe". Upload the system information text file to this post. We can't make any progress unless we can replicate the failure in-house.
Hi All,

We are currently investigating these reports but so far we have not been able to replicate the failure in our lab with any of our laptops. We suspect this is machine specific and possibly timing sensitive since we've even tried the same exact model laptop down to the same system BIOS version. We need your help.

Can everyone try re-installing the 295.73 driver in Safe mode but only install the graphics drivers and see if that helps. Another word use the "Custom (Advanced)" install option and uncheck all items but the graphics drivers. Please also check the "Perform Clean Install" option as well. Can I trouble everyone to include the brand/model of the laptop experiencing this problem with a full system information dump (text format) using "msinfo32.exe". Upload the system information text file to this post. We can't make any progress unless we can replicate the failure in-house.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 02/29/2012 07:11 PM   
Hi RayW

I've put a fresh installation of Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 (Student License from MSDNAA) onto my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ65

I booted into Safe Mode and installed only the graphics driver in advanced mode, unticking the latter. Same issue - once you boot into normal mode, the driver isn't loaded and the screen stays black. In the end I installed physx and HD audio driver from your latest release and separately installed 286 or whatever the last stable version for my laptop is. The error (always replicated by a fresh windows installation) also appeared with any beta driver later than the mentioned 286 one...

It's not a hybrid laptop with onboard graphics, though I don't know if it makes some use of that powermizer stuff. You have to tell me...
Hi RayW

I've put a fresh installation of Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 (Student License from MSDNAA) onto my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ65

I booted into Safe Mode and installed only the graphics driver in advanced mode, unticking the latter. Same issue - once you boot into normal mode, the driver isn't loaded and the screen stays black. In the end I installed physx and HD audio driver from your latest release and separately installed 286 or whatever the last stable version for my laptop is. The error (always replicated by a fresh windows installation) also appeared with any beta driver later than the mentioned 286 one...

It's not a hybrid laptop with onboard graphics, though I don't know if it makes some use of that powermizer stuff. You have to tell me...

Posted 02/29/2012 07:27 PM   
Look like I've got similar problem.
I have MSI GT780DX with nVidia GeForce GTX 570M and after installing drivers 295.73 during booting my laptop I've got black screen. To be precise, I can observe animation of Windows flag (with the text "Starting Windows"), and then I get black screen for about 15 seconds... After that I get a logon screen, so I can run Windows, but I have to wait until I see logon screen. I would like to say that I have SSD hard disk and while using 285.62 I had no such problem - the logon screen was shown immediately after Windows flag's animation. I already tried update process as well as clean installation...
Unfortunately - I don't want to go back to 285.62, because with this drivers my Skype wasn't running properly - I received video from my friends in a few stripes in random order...
What's more - I also cannot install previous official drivers, because 285.62 are required to play Battlefield 3... Looks like from 4-5 months there are no good nVidia drivers /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

EDIT: I am attaching info from msinfo32.exe
Look like I've got similar problem.

I have MSI GT780DX with nVidia GeForce GTX 570M and after installing drivers 295.73 during booting my laptop I've got black screen. To be precise, I can observe animation of Windows flag (with the text "Starting Windows"), and then I get black screen for about 15 seconds... After that I get a logon screen, so I can run Windows, but I have to wait until I see logon screen. I would like to say that I have SSD hard disk and while using 285.62 I had no such problem - the logon screen was shown immediately after Windows flag's animation. I already tried update process as well as clean installation...

Unfortunately - I don't want to go back to 285.62, because with this drivers my Skype wasn't running properly - I received video from my friends in a few stripes in random order...

What's more - I also cannot install previous official drivers, because 285.62 are required to play Battlefield 3... Looks like from 4-5 months there are no good nVidia drivers /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

EDIT: I am attaching info from msinfo32.exe

Posted 02/29/2012 09:38 PM   
Same Problem here on TJ65 Easynote (GT 240M) Win 7 32 Bit. Tried to install the driver in different scenarios, including Safe-Mode, previous driver-deinstallation and trying enabling and disabling all the setup-options. I even tried installing the driver on the Win 8 Customer Preview (32 Bit). After the initial Boot-Screen and the first loading-sequence of Windows the screen turns black (probably after the drivers are loaded), while everything else seems to be working fine. Fixing this would be very much appreciated!
Same Problem here on TJ65 Easynote (GT 240M) Win 7 32 Bit. Tried to install the driver in different scenarios, including Safe-Mode, previous driver-deinstallation and trying enabling and disabling all the setup-options. I even tried installing the driver on the Win 8 Customer Preview (32 Bit). After the initial Boot-Screen and the first loading-sequence of Windows the screen turns black (probably after the drivers are loaded), while everything else seems to be working fine. Fixing this would be very much appreciated!

Posted 03/01/2012 11:15 AM   
I'm experiencing a similar problem after updating graphics driver software to 295.73 WHQL. Stuck at welcome screen after rebooting.

ASUS K43SJ
Windows 7 64-bit
GEFORCE GT 520M 1GB
I'm experiencing a similar problem after updating graphics driver software to 295.73 WHQL. Stuck at welcome screen after rebooting.

ASUS K43SJ

Windows 7 64-bit

GEFORCE GT 520M 1GB

Posted 03/01/2012 12:54 PM   
Drivers 295.73 are full of bugs... Tonight I discovered that almost each time when I hit Alt + Tab while playing a game (for example FIFA 12) my game crashes - it just exits without any message box or another info...
[b]RayW[/b] - can we count on some support from NVIDIA and quick bug fix?
Drivers 295.73 are full of bugs... Tonight I discovered that almost each time when I hit Alt + Tab while playing a game (for example FIFA 12) my game crashes - it just exits without any message box or another info...

RayW - can we count on some support from NVIDIA and quick bug fix?

Posted 03/02/2012 01:32 AM   
Piotrekprz, please submit a bug report for your issues so we can investigate. You can submit bug here: http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia_submit.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php. Please include complete system information as well as the NVIDIA Control Panel > Help > System information. You can save the NVIDIA system information to a file and attached to the bug report. Please also include the in-game settings and step by step instructions to trigger the failure. If this had worked with previous drivers include the last working version.
Piotrekprz, please submit a bug report for your issues so we can investigate. You can submit bug here: http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia_submit.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php. Please include complete system information as well as the NVIDIA Control Panel > Help > System information. You can save the NVIDIA system information to a file and attached to the bug report. Please also include the in-game settings and step by step instructions to trigger the failure. If this had worked with previous drivers include the last working version.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 03/02/2012 10:10 PM   
[b]RayW[/b] - I recently installed the latest NVIDIA GeForce update (295.73 whql) and i was told to restart my pc. After windows started up, I encountered a black screen on my ACER(monitor seemed to be turned off/unresponsive) I hear system sound of entering the login screen but no video is shown. I am even able of typing my password (even though i can not see what and where i am typing) and then logging into my account (user welcoming sound verifies this). /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />
RayW - I recently installed the latest NVIDIA GeForce update (295.73 whql) and i was told to restart my pc. After windows started up, I encountered a black screen on my ACER(monitor seemed to be turned off/unresponsive) I hear system sound of entering the login screen but no video is shown. I am even able of typing my password (even though i can not see what and where i am typing) and then logging into my account (user welcoming sound verifies this). /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Posted 03/11/2012 11:39 PM   
[quote name='HyperPlayBoy' date='27 February 2012 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1330358653' post='1375754']

My specs:
[/quote]
any luck? i having the same thing with my pc....acer monter.... /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />
[quote name='HyperPlayBoy' date='27 February 2012 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1330358653' post='1375754']

My specs:

any luck? i having the same thing with my pc....acer monter.... /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Posted 03/12/2012 01:34 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top