Gigabyte Geforce GTS 250 Black Screen Problem Black Screen Problem
Hi All

I have a Gigabyte Geforce GTS 250 1 GB card....my card worked perfectly good for around 1 year then started the problem I’ve been having these random crashes, were the screen would go black in probably 3 seconds, and then return to the game, or program I was using. It’s really frustrating, some times it pop up with the message: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. My big problem is it won’t happen all the time…it happens some times only and I also switched back to old drivers such as 186.18 and my problem still happening.... I am not sure why? Anyone has any idea why? Is this because of over heating??? Will this thing kill my card i am so worried hope u guys can help me to fix it

This is the the similer problem i have

Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UREUG7ydKc&list=FL9VAQAJtURDv2i5eSxppDFQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYYVDSJVks&list=FL9VAQAJtURDv2i5eSxppDFQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video

This is my system

Processor - Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.4GHz
Memory - 4.0 GB RAM
Geforce GTS 250 1GB
HDD - 360GB
Cooler master eXtreme Power Plus 550W +12v1 16A ,+12v2 16A

Thanks
Hi All

I have a Gigabyte Geforce GTS 250 1 GB card....my card worked perfectly good for around 1 year then started the problem I’ve been having these random crashes, were the screen would go black in probably 3 seconds, and then return to the game, or program I was using. It’s really frustrating, some times it pop up with the message: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. My big problem is it won’t happen all the time…it happens some times only and I also switched back to old drivers such as 186.18 and my problem still happening.... I am not sure why? Anyone has any idea why? Is this because of over heating??? Will this thing kill my card i am so worried hope u guys can help me to fix it

This is the the similer problem i have

Video 1

/>

Video 2

/>

This is my system

Processor - Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.4GHz

Memory - 4.0 GB RAM

Geforce GTS 250 1GB

HDD - 360GB

Cooler master eXtreme Power Plus 550W +12v1 16A ,+12v2 16A

Thanks

Posted 02/22/2012 10:01 AM   
I've been having a similar problem since I installed the latest driver. Games work fine, but when I watch a video, the screen goes black whenever I move the cursor. I tried doing a "clean" install, also installed the latest codecs, but that didn't help. Any assistance would be appreciated.

My system:

Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit
AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 560 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
4096MB RAM (3324MB available)
GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb
I've been having a similar problem since I installed the latest driver. Games work fine, but when I watch a video, the screen goes black whenever I move the cursor. I tried doing a "clean" install, also installed the latest codecs, but that didn't help. Any assistance would be appreciated.

My system:

Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit

AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 560 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

4096MB RAM (3324MB available)

GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb

Posted 02/22/2012 11:05 AM   
Scroll To Top