NO display output using 295.xx
I tried to install 295.51 and next 295.73 on my notebook, which is Lenovo Y450 with GT240M and the OS is win7 x64. While the installer still in the progress of "Installing Graphic driver", the screen turned black just as usual for display adapter reset, and then back with no display output - even no cursor on screen.
I tried reboot, I can hear the windows startup sound after the win logo, but still no display output at all. Finally I have to enter safe mode and reinstall the 290.53 beta driver, which works fine.
Is this a bug or something? Thanks.
I tried to install 295.51 and next 295.73 on my notebook, which is Lenovo Y450 with GT240M and the OS is win7 x64. While the installer still in the progress of "Installing Graphic driver", the screen turned black just as usual for display adapter reset, and then back with no display output - even no cursor on screen.

I tried reboot, I can hear the windows startup sound after the win logo, but still no display output at all. Finally I have to enter safe mode and reinstall the 290.53 beta driver, which works fine.

Posted 02/22/2012 04:16 AM   
maybe you can uninstall beta driver completely first, then try the WHQL one.

[quote name='linzhouyu' date='21 February 2012 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1329884173' post='1372805']
[/quote]

[quote name='linzhouyu' date='21 February 2012 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1329884173' post='1372805']

Posted 02/22/2012 11:02 AM   
[quote name='linzhouyu' date='22 February 2012 - 04:16 AM' timestamp='1329884173' post='1372805']
[/quote]
This happened to me also. For some reason my main DVI port would simply not work in Windows. There seemed to be a mismatch in the components installed (I used second monitor/DVI port). Reverting to 290.53 and then reinstalling the 295.73 drivers worked normally for me however and I was able to use both DVI ports. No idea what happened with the first installation attempt.
[quote name='linzhouyu' date='22 February 2012 - 04:16 AM' timestamp='1329884173' post='1372805']

This happened to me also. For some reason my main DVI port would simply not work in Windows. There seemed to be a mismatch in the components installed (I used second monitor/DVI port). Reverting to 290.53 and then reinstalling the 295.73 drivers worked normally for me however and I was able to use both DVI ports. No idea what happened with the first installation attempt.

GPU: MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II OC 880/4200 (factory overclock)

Monitor: Dell 2312HM 1920x1080@60hz
Monitor/TV: LG32LH5000 1920x1080@50hz

Posted 02/22/2012 01:18 PM   
I have got the same problem (also same GPU and OS), all versions after the 285WHQL result in a black screen.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=223422

Hello everybody,

I am using an Acer notebook with a GT240M video card (on a Dutch Windows 7 64-bit PC). When trying to update my drivers, from 285.62 WHQL to any later version (all 4 beta's and today's released WHQL) the installation fails. In fact the installation doesn't fail, but after having finished the step "Installing Graphics driver" the screen goes black and stays black whatever I try to do. The only solution is the uninstall NVIDIA drivers while in Safe Mode and reinstall 285.62 WHQL.
The first stages of the installation process do not cause any troubles. System compatibility check passes, I select Custom install (reset all profiles and do not install HD Audio driver, so just Graphics driver and PhysX will be installed). Then it automatically removes all old drivers, then the screen flickers and uses the onboard graphics processor of the motherboard. So far so good. Then it starts installing the new Graphics driver, then the screen flickers again. Normally, after the flicker you will be using the new Graphics driver for GT240M and you will see your desktop again. However, with all post 285.62 versions the screen becomes black and stays black.

Looking forward to seeing your suggestions and thank you in advance,

Matt
I have got the same problem (also same GPU and OS), all versions after the 285WHQL result in a black screen.

Hello everybody,

I am using an Acer notebook with a GT240M video card (on a Dutch Windows 7 64-bit PC). When trying to update my drivers, from 285.62 WHQL to any later version (all 4 beta's and today's released WHQL) the installation fails. In fact the installation doesn't fail, but after having finished the step "Installing Graphics driver" the screen goes black and stays black whatever I try to do. The only solution is the uninstall NVIDIA drivers while in Safe Mode and reinstall 285.62 WHQL.

The first stages of the installation process do not cause any troubles. System compatibility check passes, I select Custom install (reset all profiles and do not install HD Audio driver, so just Graphics driver and PhysX will be installed). Then it automatically removes all old drivers, then the screen flickers and uses the onboard graphics processor of the motherboard. So far so good. Then it starts installing the new Graphics driver, then the screen flickers again. Normally, after the flicker you will be using the new Graphics driver for GT240M and you will see your desktop again. However, with all post 285.62 versions the screen becomes black and stays black.

Matt

Posted 02/22/2012 02:57 PM   
[quote name='tomhome' date='22 February 2012 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1329908559' post='1372973']
[/quote]
yeah, i tried it. Any 295.xx driver got the same issue.
[quote name='tomhome' date='22 February 2012 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1329908559' post='1372973']

yeah, i tried it. Any 295.xx driver got the same issue.

Posted 02/23/2012 08:43 AM   
[quote name='MattSuu' date='22 February 2012 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1329922664' post='1373095']

Hello everybody,

Matt
[/quote]

On my notebook, this happened using 295.xx drivers. Hope it will be fixed in the next version.
[quote name='MattSuu' date='22 February 2012 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1329922664' post='1373095']

Hello everybody,

Matt

On my notebook, this happened using 295.xx drivers. Hope it will be fixed in the next version.

Posted 02/23/2012 08:47 AM   
Scroll To Top