Suggestions for most stable graphics drivers? last few driver releases crash my 7950GT cards
So, I DLed the latest drivers for my old and new computers. Looks like the new drivers completely destabilize and crash the hell out of my older 7590 GT SLI configuration... much like the last few driver releases have.

Is there any official suggestion / stance on what the newest driver is that I should use with my 7950 GT cards? I know for Mass Effect 2, I had to scale back to a rather old driver to address odd texture issues on character faces / shadows.

It's really frustrating to see one new driver after another released with supposed compatibility and improvements for my 7950 GT SLI system, only to see it cause blue screens on the games I like to play.
So, I DLed the latest drivers for my old and new computers. Looks like the new drivers completely destabilize and crash the hell out of my older 7590 GT SLI configuration... much like the last few driver releases have.

Is there any official suggestion / stance on what the newest driver is that I should use with my 7950 GT cards? I know for Mass Effect 2, I had to scale back to a rather old driver to address odd texture issues on character faces / shadows.

It's really frustrating to see one new driver after another released with supposed compatibility and improvements for my 7950 GT SLI system, only to see it cause blue screens on the games I like to play.

Posted 02/22/2012 03:40 AM   
I would say go back to the 17X.XX to 18X.XX range.

Old hardware runs best on the older drivers.

Do keep in mind that those GPUs are 5-6 years old now... Technology ages fast.

I would say go back to the 17X.XX to 18X.XX range.

Old hardware runs best on the older drivers.

Do keep in mind that those GPUs are 5-6 years old now... Technology ages fast.

Scroll To Top