T thought money is money Why
Hi there.

My name is Herman Lensing and I'm from sunny South Africa. I have this one issue that has been bothering me for quite some time now. I have been a loyal Nvidia fan since the Riva series cards. I pay a hellova lot to get a hellova lot of performance, which is the way all things component wise works. but what frustrates me is that I am not legit to enter competitions that my favourite company holds including specials and all those things. yet my money is as good as anyone living in the US or Canada. I feel like I'm talking on behalf of all international buyers in those not so.. "first world" countries. Come on Nvidia, please realize that there's a world out there with real people spending the same amount of real money maybe even a bit more, to make use of your great products. don't just see us a the far off masses making your company grow without also wanting to take part in the happenings in the community, we are all supporters with real interests in the future of your company. Please take us in as you do the locals and make us family, because the effort we spend must be the same as anywhere else.

Your loyal supported.
Hi there.

My name is Herman Lensing and I'm from sunny South Africa. I have this one issue that has been bothering me for quite some time now. I have been a loyal Nvidia fan since the Riva series cards. I pay a hellova lot to get a hellova lot of performance, which is the way all things component wise works. but what frustrates me is that I am not legit to enter competitions that my favourite company holds including specials and all those things. yet my money is as good as anyone living in the US or Canada. I feel like I'm talking on behalf of all international buyers in those not so.. "first world" countries. Come on Nvidia, please realize that there's a world out there with real people spending the same amount of real money maybe even a bit more, to make use of your great products. don't just see us a the far off masses making your company grow without also wanting to take part in the happenings in the community, we are all supporters with real interests in the future of your company. Please take us in as you do the locals and make us family, because the effort we spend must be the same as anywhere else.

Your loyal supported.

Posted 02/21/2012 04:14 PM   
[quote name='Witpapier' date='21 February 2012 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1329840845' post='1372309']
Hi there.

Your loyal supported.
[/quote]

I know what your getting at but there are a few reasons why this is the case.

Firstly, money is debt.

Second, America to is now classified as a second world country according to Standard and Poors credit rating agency.

Third, There are international by laws which make it "not cost effective" for NVIDA to hold competitions in all the regions of the world they sell their products.
[quote name='Witpapier' date='21 February 2012 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1329840845' post='1372309']

Hi there.

Your loyal supported.

I know what your getting at but there are a few reasons why this is the case.

Firstly, money is debt.

Second, America to is now classified as a second world country according to Standard and Poors credit rating agency.

Third, There are international by laws which make it "not cost effective" for NVIDA to hold competitions in all the regions of the world they sell their products.

CPU: Core i7 930 @ 4.20ghz 1.3v cooled by Antec Kuhler 920

MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium

GFX: 2x Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CUII @ 900mhz Core 2200mhz Memory

RAM: Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 6gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 2t

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt

CASE: Antec 1200

APU: X-fi Titanium Fatality SPEAKERS: Logitech X-530 5.1

HDD: 1x OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD GAMES 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb in RAID 0

DISPLAY: Acer H243HX 24" @ 1920x1080 Resolution

KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 MOUSE: Logitech G5 WHEEL Logitech G25 JOYSTICK Logitech G940

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Posted 02/21/2012 10:19 PM   
Incorrect. S&P changed it's long term sovereign credit rating. This has nothing to do with being a first or second world country. There is not a concrete criteria for first world or second world status.

[quote name='Saijan Prince.' date='21 February 2012 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1329862792' post='1372582']America to is now classified as a second world country according to Standard and Poors credit rating agency.[/quote]
Incorrect. S&P changed it's long term sovereign credit rating. This has nothing to do with being a first or second world country. There is not a concrete criteria for first world or second world status.

[quote name='Saijan Prince.' date='21 February 2012 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1329862792' post='1372582']America to is now classified as a second world country according to Standard and Poors credit rating agency.

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 02/29/2012 11:31 PM   
We share your frustration at not being able to reach more of our consumers with our contests, promotions and sweepstakes. We continue to increase the number of countries and territories we are able to reach.

The laws that govern these contests vary country-to-country. On occasion, they are mutually exclusive (i.e. a requirement for one country/territory are prohibited by another). This has nothing to do with a country's economic status. We value our fans and users from around the world!

Thank you for your understanding and happy gaming.

Amorphous

[quote name='Witpapier' date='21 February 2012 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1329840845' post='1372309']
Hi there.

Your loyal supported.
[/quote]
We share your frustration at not being able to reach more of our consumers with our contests, promotions and sweepstakes. We continue to increase the number of countries and territories we are able to reach.

The laws that govern these contests vary country-to-country. On occasion, they are mutually exclusive (i.e. a requirement for one country/territory are prohibited by another). This has nothing to do with a country's economic status. We value our fans and users from around the world!

Thank you for your understanding and happy gaming.

Amorphous

[quote name='Witpapier' date='21 February 2012 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1329840845' post='1372309']

Hi there.

Your loyal supported.

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 03/01/2012 12:37 AM   
Scroll To Top