Fine Tuning of 3D Vision How to properly adjust settings for 3D viewing
Hi,

I just bought a Sony Vaio VPCL225FB/B computer, which comes with a large touch screen 3D monitor and a GeForce GT 540M video card. I updated the driver to version 285.62.

However, whenever I watch a 3D video, the bottom part of the 3D image displays slight reflexes on the screen that are left outs of either left or right images. However, the mid-section of the image, together with the its top part are ok.

It does not matter if I change the angle of the screen, or its distance to me.

Is there a way of forcing the right and left images to perfectly 3D merge their bottom parts, without disrupting the perfect matches of the middle and top parts so that I can view the video flawlessly?
Hi,

I just bought a Sony Vaio VPCL225FB/B computer, which comes with a large touch screen 3D monitor and a GeForce GT 540M video card. I updated the driver to version 285.62.

However, whenever I watch a 3D video, the bottom part of the 3D image displays slight reflexes on the screen that are left outs of either left or right images. However, the mid-section of the image, together with the its top part are ok.

It does not matter if I change the angle of the screen, or its distance to me.

Is there a way of forcing the right and left images to perfectly 3D merge their bottom parts, without disrupting the perfect matches of the middle and top parts so that I can view the video flawlessly?

Posted 02/21/2012 03:39 AM   
Today I updated the driver to version 295.73, to no avail.

The problem of "reflexes" on the screen of either left or right images, during 3D exhibition, did not go away!
Today I updated the driver to version 295.73, to no avail.

The problem of "reflexes" on the screen of either left or right images, during 3D exhibition, did not go away!

Posted 02/22/2012 04:37 PM   
That sounds like classic ghosting (aka crosstalk) to me. I've never heard of this computer, though? Are you even using 3D Vision?
That sounds like classic ghosting (aka crosstalk) to me. I've never heard of this computer, though? Are you even using 3D Vision?

Posted 02/24/2012 03:10 AM   
Yeah also if the source is video, there's no adjustments you can make to separation/convergence to improve the 3D effect. It would be helpful if you could give us links to the material you're viewing so we can get a better idea of what you're seeing, and the potential issues you're having.
Yeah also if the source is video, there's no adjustments you can make to separation/convergence to improve the 3D effect. It would be helpful if you could give us links to the material you're viewing so we can get a better idea of what you're seeing, and the potential issues you're having.

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 02/24/2012 03:15 AM   
I would suggest that you go through this guide if you want to learn how to set-up stereo properly:
http://mtbs3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6197:s-3d-settings-guide&catid=40&showall=&limitstart=2
http://mtbs3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6197:s-3d-settings-guide&catid=40&showall=&limitstart=3

And yes, what you are talking about sounds like ghosting, as the others have already mentioned. What you should do is reduce the separation to a minimum (15% is ok) and then try to perfectly align the closest objects to the screen field, so that the left and right image of that same object are perfectly aligned on top of each other. At that point you should be experiencing any ghosting with this object. If this is the case than you are indeed a "victim" of ghosting, but fear not, use the guide to get the best effect for your taste and display.
I would suggest that you go through this guide if you want to learn how to set-up stereo properly:

http://mtbs3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6197:s-3d-settings-guide&catid=40&showall=&limitstart=2

http://mtbs3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6197:s-3d-settings-guide&catid=40&showall=&limitstart=3

And yes, what you are talking about sounds like ghosting, as the others have already mentioned. What you should do is reduce the separation to a minimum (15% is ok) and then try to perfectly align the closest objects to the screen field, so that the left and right image of that same object are perfectly aligned on top of each other. At that point you should be experiencing any ghosting with this object. If this is the case than you are indeed a "victim" of ghosting, but fear not, use the guide to get the best effect for your taste and display.
Posted 02/24/2012 03:23 PM   
Hi fellows,

Thanks for all the posts. Upon studying my problem, I realized that the mismatch happens all over the screen, not only at the bottom. The fact that made me think it only happened at the bottom, was a peculiar aspect of the movie I was watching. I decided to watch other movies and pictures and the problem was always there, all over the screen.

Yes, I am using NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, I also use NVIDIA Photo Viewer, and I use special 3D Glasses from Sony, code 1A22344, which I think might actually be from NVIDIA. These glasses must be charged, and they have to be switched on to work. My video card is a GeFORCE GT 540M, and I run Windows 7, 64 bit.

I was considering sending you links where the problem appears, as requested, but the problem is, I found out, universal: it happens with almost any image or video I watch through the NVIDIA software.

What I discovered was this:

When I block my right eye with my right hand, and only see the image with the left eye, I can see the image with a ghost (as some of you mentioned). And when I close my left vision, I see the correct image, but also with a ghost image.

The links sent by Artox, helped me understand the important variables of 3D, but I still could not find a way of adjusting my equipment.

What should I do? To me it appears that the [u]3D glasses are not blocking the other image perfectly[/u]. So, I imagine that an adjustment would only work [u]if it can make the ghost images seen by each of my eyes disappear[/u].

Should I complain to the manufacturer? Should I try to have the glasses replaced? Or should I replace the whole computer (it is a all-in-one)?

I use, of course, 120 Hz because I belong to the type of people who can see flickering when watching anything on 60 Hz.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi fellows,

Thanks for all the posts. Upon studying my problem, I realized that the mismatch happens all over the screen, not only at the bottom. The fact that made me think it only happened at the bottom, was a peculiar aspect of the movie I was watching. I decided to watch other movies and pictures and the problem was always there, all over the screen.

Yes, I am using NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, I also use NVIDIA Photo Viewer, and I use special 3D Glasses from Sony, code 1A22344, which I think might actually be from NVIDIA. These glasses must be charged, and they have to be switched on to work. My video card is a GeFORCE GT 540M, and I run Windows 7, 64 bit.

I was considering sending you links where the problem appears, as requested, but the problem is, I found out, universal: it happens with almost any image or video I watch through the NVIDIA software.

What I discovered was this:

When I block my right eye with my right hand, and only see the image with the left eye, I can see the image with a ghost (as some of you mentioned). And when I close my left vision, I see the correct image, but also with a ghost image.

The links sent by Artox, helped me understand the important variables of 3D, but I still could not find a way of adjusting my equipment.

What should I do? To me it appears that the 3D glasses are not blocking the other image perfectly. So, I imagine that an adjustment would only work if it can make the ghost images seen by each of my eyes disappear.

Should I complain to the manufacturer? Should I try to have the glasses replaced? Or should I replace the whole computer (it is a all-in-one)?

I use, of course, 120 Hz because I belong to the type of people who can see flickering when watching anything on 60 Hz.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted 03/02/2012 11:57 AM   
First if all, I've never heard of your computer so I don't know the exact details of it, but to me it seems that you are not using a real proper nVidia 3D Vision kit, first and foremost because your glasses are made by sony. It doesn't matter if you use nVidia's 3D Vision player or Photo Viewer, or even the fact that you are using an nVidia graphics card. Have you installed the latest nVidia drivers which include the 3D Vision driver? Have you enabled 3D Vision in the nVidia control panel and then gone through the 3D Vision setup program? If it happens to be so that everything is in order, have you tried to adjust the settings withing the 3D Vision player or have you tried a different 3D film perhaps? You could also try PowerDVD 11 which supports 3D Vision and is probably the easiest to use and to configure. But if I were you I would first make sure that every component in your setup in being supported by nVidia 3D Vision. Go to [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html"]nVidia's 3D Vision[/url] site and check that all of you components are supported (I'm assuming your computer is a laptop (or a notebook) and it's not mentioned in the [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-notebooks.html"]supported notebooks[/url] section .
First if all, I've never heard of your computer so I don't know the exact details of it, but to me it seems that you are not using a real proper nVidia 3D Vision kit, first and foremost because your glasses are made by sony. It doesn't matter if you use nVidia's 3D Vision player or Photo Viewer, or even the fact that you are using an nVidia graphics card. Have you installed the latest nVidia drivers which include the 3D Vision driver? Have you enabled 3D Vision in the nVidia control panel and then gone through the 3D Vision setup program? If it happens to be so that everything is in order, have you tried to adjust the settings withing the 3D Vision player or have you tried a different 3D film perhaps? You could also try PowerDVD 11 which supports 3D Vision and is probably the easiest to use and to configure. But if I were you I would first make sure that every component in your setup in being supported by nVidia 3D Vision. Go to nVidia's 3D Vision site and check that all of you components are supported (I'm assuming your computer is a laptop (or a notebook) and it's not mentioned in the supported notebooks section .

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
Asus P8P67 PRO
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB
nVidia GTX 660 SLI + nVidia 3D Vision
Asus Xonar Essence ST with AKG K601/Sennheiser HD 595
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD + 5TB HDD Storage
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Coolermaster HAF 932 Case

HELIX MOD - A must for any 3D Vision gamer

Posted 03/03/2012 01:24 PM   
Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Answering your questions:
1 - Yes, I installed the latest nVidia drivers - the ones I have belong to version 295.73.
2 - Yes, I enabled 3D and I can see it through Nvidia's software - albeit with the ghosting.
3 - Yes, I tried many different films - they all display the same ghosting.

Well, I would appreciate if you could please help me adjust the settings within the NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player. I cold not find a way to do that.

Finally, no, my computer is not a laptop (or notebook). Is the new version of a desktop - nowadays called All-in-one.

Well, that is the thing - I went to the site - but both my monitor and glasses are supposedly made by SONY and are not listed in the NVDIA site you mentioned.
I have the impression my glasses are made by NVDIA and rebranded by Sony - but I do not know for sure.

The ghost is more visible if you look at a white object with a black on behind it (or the reverse) - like in a chess board, with the white king in front of two black towers.

So, I am back to square one.

Should I try to contact SONY about that?
Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Answering your questions:

1 - Yes, I installed the latest nVidia drivers - the ones I have belong to version 295.73.

2 - Yes, I enabled 3D and I can see it through Nvidia's software - albeit with the ghosting.

3 - Yes, I tried many different films - they all display the same ghosting.

Well, I would appreciate if you could please help me adjust the settings within the NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player. I cold not find a way to do that.

Finally, no, my computer is not a laptop (or notebook). Is the new version of a desktop - nowadays called All-in-one.

Well, that is the thing - I went to the site - but both my monitor and glasses are supposedly made by SONY and are not listed in the NVDIA site you mentioned.

I have the impression my glasses are made by NVDIA and rebranded by Sony - but I do not know for sure.

The ghost is more visible if you look at a white object with a black on behind it (or the reverse) - like in a chess board, with the white king in front of two black towers.

So, I am back to square one.

Should I try to contact SONY about that?

Posted 03/07/2012 03:02 PM   
You are not going mad - I have been experiencing exact same issue with my Sony VPCL22Z1E

It has been returned to Sony tech support 3 times(!), and they keep sending it back to me saying nothing is wrong with it.

I experience same crosstalk issues as you, despite all the correct drivers, and trying all the different 3D depth setting etc.
I have been given filters to apply to the lens of the 3D glasses.

Here is where we both know we have same issue. You say:
"When I block my right eye with my right hand, and only see the image with the left eye, I can see the image with a ghost (as some of you mentioned). And when I close my left vision, I see the correct image, but also with a ghost image"

Same for me too.

Good luck if you do go to Sony Support.
The third time I returned it they called me:
SONY SUPPORT: "Hello sir. Our technicians report that the 3D works fine with your PC. Nothing to repair"
ME: "This is the third time I returned the unit. The crosstalk is unacceptable. I have tested same PC model instore and saw no crosstalk with the same 3D tset images and video. I am not happy"
SONY SUPPORT: "We understand sir, but we cannot find anything wrong... Oh, there is a question on the return docket. The engineer has one question: How do the 3D glasses work? He can't work out how to switch them on..."
ME: (I take a deep breath) "If your technician does not even know how to switch on the glasses, how can he be qualified to say the 3D works OK??"
SONY SUPPORT: "Whjy would he need to use the glasses to check 3D? He can see that it's blurry without the glasses"
ME: "Are you joking?"
SONY: "No sir. But please understand. This is the first time I or the technician have dealt with a 3D query"

I've written direct to Head of Customer Services at Sony. My PC is the top of range most expensive desktop Sony sell, yet this is the kind of after sales service I'm getting, after 4 months...
You are not going mad - I have been experiencing exact same issue with my Sony VPCL22Z1E

It has been returned to Sony tech support 3 times(!), and they keep sending it back to me saying nothing is wrong with it.

I experience same crosstalk issues as you, despite all the correct drivers, and trying all the different 3D depth setting etc.

I have been given filters to apply to the lens of the 3D glasses.

Here is where we both know we have same issue. You say:

"When I block my right eye with my right hand, and only see the image with the left eye, I can see the image with a ghost (as some of you mentioned). And when I close my left vision, I see the correct image, but also with a ghost image"

Same for me too.

Good luck if you do go to Sony Support.

The third time I returned it they called me:

SONY SUPPORT: "Hello sir. Our technicians report that the 3D works fine with your PC. Nothing to repair"

ME: "This is the third time I returned the unit. The crosstalk is unacceptable. I have tested same PC model instore and saw no crosstalk with the same 3D tset images and video. I am not happy"

SONY SUPPORT: "We understand sir, but we cannot find anything wrong... Oh, there is a question on the return docket. The engineer has one question: How do the 3D glasses work? He can't work out how to switch them on..."

ME: (I take a deep breath) "If your technician does not even know how to switch on the glasses, how can he be qualified to say the 3D works OK??"

SONY SUPPORT: "Whjy would he need to use the glasses to check 3D? He can see that it's blurry without the glasses"

ME: "Are you joking?"

SONY: "No sir. But please understand. This is the first time I or the technician have dealt with a 3D query"

I've written direct to Head of Customer Services at Sony. My PC is the top of range most expensive desktop Sony sell, yet this is the kind of after sales service I'm getting, after 4 months...

Posted 03/20/2012 12:11 PM   
Scroll To Top