nforce smbus/smu driver uninstall
Hey there
I need some help on uninstalling my chipset drivers so i can upgrade to the newest ones on the nvidia website.

my current nforce drivers are 9.64 which came with my mobo,nvidia website new drivers are 15.58.

I have tried installing this update from the 15.58 installer but i dont get the option for the smu driver or the smbus driver. How do i go about uninstalling the old smu and smbus drivers so i can put the new ones in there.
There is nothing in the add/remove programs to uninstall and i dont know what to look for in the device manager.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hey there

I need some help on uninstalling my chipset drivers so i can upgrade to the newest ones on the nvidia website.

my current nforce drivers are 9.64 which came with my mobo,nvidia website new drivers are 15.58.

I have tried installing this update from the 15.58 installer but i dont get the option for the smu driver or the smbus driver. How do i go about uninstalling the old smu and smbus drivers so i can put the new ones in there.

There is nothing in the add/remove programs to uninstall and i dont know what to look for in the device manager.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted 02/21/2012 12:32 AM   
If its not updating it, its not there. STOP!!!!

You update the drivers the exact way you did, right over the top of the old ones.
If its not updating it, its not there. STOP!!!!

You update the drivers the exact way you did, right over the top of the old ones.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 02/21/2012 02:02 AM   
Thats what i thought but after i install the 15.58 driver pack from nvidia and go back to the nvidia auto detect website it still tells me i still have the 9.64 one installed.
its not giving me the option to install the smbus/smu drivers.

thanks
Thats what i thought but after i install the 15.58 driver pack from nvidia and go back to the nvidia auto detect website it still tells me i still have the 9.64 one installed.

its not giving me the option to install the smbus/smu drivers.

thanks

Posted 02/21/2012 04:32 AM   
If you can't get it to upgrade, uninstall the drivers (Control Panel-Programs). Uninstall ALL your nVidia drivers (make sure you downloaded the newest first!). Reboot. Then, install all the drivers, starting with mobo first, then video card.

Keep in mind, some drivers issued by nVidia are NOT updated? They work, so no reason. I have the newest 15.x drivers, but some individual drivers are still 9.x.

If your computer is working fine, leave it alone.
If you can't get it to upgrade, uninstall the drivers (Control Panel-Programs). Uninstall ALL your nVidia drivers (make sure you downloaded the newest first!). Reboot. Then, install all the drivers, starting with mobo first, then video card.

Keep in mind, some drivers issued by nVidia are NOT updated? They work, so no reason. I have the newest 15.x drivers, but some individual drivers are still 9.x.

If your computer is working fine, leave it alone.

Posted 02/23/2012 05:28 AM   
[quote name='cloud dancer' date='22 February 2012 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1329974888' post='1373651']
[/quote]

If it uninstalls the HID drivers, upon reboot, you have no mouse / keyboard from the PS2 / USB due to the fact that you cannot ACCEPT the new driver found without being able to click OK.
[quote name='cloud dancer' date='22 February 2012 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1329974888' post='1373651']

If it uninstalls the HID drivers, upon reboot, you have no mouse / keyboard from the PS2 / USB due to the fact that you cannot ACCEPT the new driver found without being able to click OK.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 02/23/2012 01:48 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' date='23 February 2012 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1330004915' post='1373840']
[/quote]
fyi, there are no hid drivers in nforce packages. it won't uninstall any hid drivers. even if it would, ps2 would still work, as it is accessed using the bios and standard interrupts.
[quote name='Greybear' date='23 February 2012 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1330004915' post='1373840']

fyi, there are no hid drivers in nforce packages. it won't uninstall any hid drivers. even if it would, ps2 would still work, as it is accessed using the bios and standard interrupts.
Posted 02/23/2012 02:11 PM   
Right! nVidia doesn't affect HID drivers.

And I stand on my previous post. Sometimes you can upgrade over old files, but some files may still be 9x versions.

If you insist on the newest version, then delete everything nVidia, reboot and re-installing it all again?

If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

Repeat 3 times...
Right! nVidia doesn't affect HID drivers.

And I stand on my previous post. Sometimes you can upgrade over old files, but some files may still be 9x versions.

If you insist on the newest version, then delete everything nVidia, reboot and re-installing it all again?

If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

Repeat 3 times...

Posted 02/27/2012 11:09 AM   
Thanks for the replys, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.I'm just going to let it go,my pc is running fine, it just eats at me that the Nvidia auto detect website is telling me that i need an update even though i have already downloaded and updated the latest package.

Thanks
Thanks for the replys, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.I'm just going to let it go,my pc is running fine, it just eats at me that the Nvidia auto detect website is telling me that i need an update even though i have already downloaded and updated the latest package.

Thanks

Posted 03/23/2012 05:29 AM   
Scroll To Top