External TV monitor suddenly not connecting to laptop
Hi, I returned from holiday 2 days ago, having taken my Samsung R700 Vista laptop with me. When I reconnected the laptop to the TV with the HDMI cable, there is now a No Signal comment on the TV screen (I usually simply use the TV remote to select the HDMI source and the desktop shows automatically). I spent hours yesterday trawling the internet to try and find a solution but to no avail. I switched off both TV and laptop at the mains overnight, including pulling out both ends of the HDMI cable, I updated graphics drivers (even though the laptop stated these were up-to-date), I have been on Display Settings numerous times but the Monitor 2 icon is shown as "inactive", its Resolution bar does not move and the "Extend the desktop" tick box does not save as ticked. I even updated the TV software and have tried on another TV but still the same. My NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS has overheated twice in the past couple of years and has had to be re-welded (I keep the laptop in the kitchen, which I know is not ideal). Might it be that me transporting the laptop has loosened the NVIDIA 8400M GS - it is rarely moved fom its perch in the kitchen. Everything else appears as normal. Many thanks.
Hi, I returned from holiday 2 days ago, having taken my Samsung R700 Vista laptop with me. When I reconnected the laptop to the TV with the HDMI cable, there is now a No Signal comment on the TV screen (I usually simply use the TV remote to select the HDMI source and the desktop shows automatically). I spent hours yesterday trawling the internet to try and find a solution but to no avail. I switched off both TV and laptop at the mains overnight, including pulling out both ends of the HDMI cable, I updated graphics drivers (even though the laptop stated these were up-to-date), I have been on Display Settings numerous times but the Monitor 2 icon is shown as "inactive", its Resolution bar does not move and the "Extend the desktop" tick box does not save as ticked. I even updated the TV software and have tried on another TV but still the same. My NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS has overheated twice in the past couple of years and has had to be re-welded (I keep the laptop in the kitchen, which I know is not ideal). Might it be that me transporting the laptop has loosened the NVIDIA 8400M GS - it is rarely moved fom its perch in the kitchen. Everything else appears as normal. Many thanks.

Posted 02/20/2012 08:29 PM   
[quote name='Atko2001' date='20 February 2012 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1329769786' post='1371940']
[/quote]
[quote name='Atko2001' date='20 February 2012 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1329769786' post='1371940']

Attachments

ScreenShot001.bmp

Posted 02/20/2012 08:36 PM   
Hello,

I have the same problem with a HP DV9000. Nvidia 8400m gs card. No video on HDMI output, no external display detected.

Helllp.
Hello,

I have the same problem with a HP DV9000. Nvidia 8400m gs card. No video on HDMI output, no external display detected.

Helllp.

Posted 03/24/2012 01:15 PM   
[quote name='japonezu' date='24 March 2012 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1332594913' post='1387260']
Hello,

Helllp.
[/quote]
It was the solders on the card right enough - I took it to get reballed (new lead solders) and it's working fine now.
[quote name='japonezu' date='24 March 2012 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1332594913' post='1387260']

Hello,

Helllp.

It was the solders on the card right enough - I took it to get reballed (new lead solders) and it's working fine now.

Posted 03/25/2012 02:12 PM   
Scroll To Top