graphic card problem
Hi. I am new in this forum thing. So I am really sorry if my post here is not the right place.

my problem is, recently i've bought new pc for my friend and I am the one who assembled all including installing windows, drivers and softwares. The specs are as follows:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
processor: i3 2100
hdd: WD 500GB
ram: 1 slot 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
graphic card: ASUS ENGT440 1GB DDR5

1st thing I noticed after all installation completed is the aero is not working. so I downloaded the latest driver fom nvidia and installed it but the problem is still there.
I leave it for a while to test for games. i tried some basic games that dont need high end graphics and all said 'no suitable graphics devices found', 'could not find any compatible direct3D devices'. WHAT THE??? its like there's no graphic card installed. i also tried Sniper Ghost Warrior. what came out is 'error cannot initialize renderer'.

I dont know what is the problem here. I've tried uninstalled and reinstalled the driver again. it seems ok after the installation with the aero works fine. but after rebooting, it the problems rise again.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver again,it works and after rebooting, it happen again. after 4th times, I give up. what is going on? please help me.
Hi. I am new in this forum thing. So I am really sorry if my post here is not the right place.

my problem is, recently i've bought new pc for my friend and I am the one who assembled all including installing windows, drivers and softwares. The specs are as follows:

1st thing I noticed after all installation completed is the aero is not working. so I downloaded the latest driver fom nvidia and installed it but the problem is still there.

I leave it for a while to test for games. i tried some basic games that dont need high end graphics and all said 'no suitable graphics devices found', 'could not find any compatible direct3D devices'. WHAT THE??? its like there's no graphic card installed. i also tried Sniper Ghost Warrior. what came out is 'error cannot initialize renderer'.

I dont know what is the problem here. I've tried uninstalled and reinstalled the driver again. it seems ok after the installation with the aero works fine. but after rebooting, it the problems rise again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver again,it works and after rebooting, it happen again. after 4th times, I give up. what is going on? please help me.

Posted 02/20/2012 06:34 AM   
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='20 February 2012 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1329719650' post='1371691']

[/quote]

I lost 3 WD 500 hard drives reciently..I know your posting about a video card problem but wanted to let you know WD sold a bunch of bad drives..The drives have a slow seek time because of a faulty bearing...they don't spin the 7500 rpm thus its a slow go..They lasted about 15 months...
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='20 February 2012 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1329719650' post='1371691']

I lost 3 WD 500 hard drives reciently..I know your posting about a video card problem but wanted to let you know WD sold a bunch of bad drives..The drives have a slow seek time because of a faulty bearing...they don't spin the 7500 rpm thus its a slow go..They lasted about 15 months...

Posted 02/20/2012 01:40 PM   
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='20 February 2012 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1329719650' post='1371691']

[/quote]
Try to disable the integrated graphics from the bios setup
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='20 February 2012 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1329719650' post='1371691']

Posted 02/20/2012 03:28 PM   
[quote name='TeacherPHD' date='20 February 2012 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1329745220' post='1371767']
[/quote]

really? i thought WD is one of the best. So what's the best HDD to buy?
[quote name='TeacherPHD' date='20 February 2012 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1329745220' post='1371767']

Posted 02/22/2012 07:10 AM   
[quote name='Stefem' date='20 February 2012 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1329751708' post='1371805']
[/quote]

how to disable it? is it from the 'initial graphics' > onboard/PCI/PCIE/PCIEX16??
[quote name='Stefem' date='20 February 2012 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1329751708' post='1371805']

how to disable it? is it from the 'initial graphics' > onboard/PCI/PCIE/PCIEX16??

Posted 02/22/2012 07:12 AM   
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='22 February 2012 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1329894646' post='1372889']
[/quote]

I always used WD until Last year..i now use Seagate..How does it boot up?..is it slow? or normal? Having any troulble installing software? Computer slow?

I point you in this direction for a reason...take a moment and see how fast stuff opens and closes..This could account for your problem(s)
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='22 February 2012 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1329894646' post='1372889']

I always used WD until Last year..i now use Seagate..How does it boot up?..is it slow? or normal? Having any troulble installing software? Computer slow?

I point you in this direction for a reason...take a moment and see how fast stuff opens and closes..This could account for your problem(s)

Posted 02/22/2012 08:29 PM   
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='22 February 2012 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1329894735' post='1372890']
[/quote]
You can set this with PCI-E 16x first, but there should be something like on-board graphics/integrated graphics
[quote name='AbdullahzAiD' date='22 February 2012 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1329894735' post='1372890']

You can set this with PCI-E 16x first, but there should be something like on-board graphics/integrated graphics

Posted 02/22/2012 08:42 PM   
Graphics: If the mobo has on-board graphics, turn it OFF in the BIOS.

Hard drives: New hard drives seldom fail.

OK... On a new build, shut down power. Not just 'power down', but shut off the power supply with the switch or pull the power cord out. Press the START button for about 10-seconds to discharge any stored power. Re-seat the cards, making sure they are firmly seated in the slot. Don't put in any screws or clips. Memory? Remove and replace, to make sure they are seated properly.

WHY? Even the slightest mis-alignment in any contacts can cause major problems. I have a video tuner card in a PCI-E 1x slot that is not aligned to the bracket... Put in a screw, and the computer does strange things... I spent a lot of time bending this bracket, much less diagnosing the problem!

If the problem persists, remove the cards, and clean all the contacts with 92% alcohol and a Q-tip. Or buy a can of contact cleaner at an auto supply store, and give the boards contacts edge a brief spray, and wipe them dry with a Q-tip. You can safely spray the slots for the cards, but allow a half hour for it to evaporate.

On Google, type AERO, which should take you to Microsoft quickly. They can quickly step you thru requirements and problems. But I really think you have a problem with the seating of the graphics card. They are big, and the brackets may pull the contacts out of alignment. It the bracket is even a few degrees off, it pulls the contacts out when the screw is put in.

In your spec's, I was not impressed with 1 memory module, rather than multiples to enable a wider data path. The video card should be able to run AERO.

I've built almost 1000 systems in the past 10 years... I've seen almost every problem in hardware, and 99% of software problems are related to hardware.

Hope this helps?
Graphics: If the mobo has on-board graphics, turn it OFF in the BIOS.

Hard drives: New hard drives seldom fail.

OK... On a new build, shut down power. Not just 'power down', but shut off the power supply with the switch or pull the power cord out. Press the START button for about 10-seconds to discharge any stored power. Re-seat the cards, making sure they are firmly seated in the slot. Don't put in any screws or clips. Memory? Remove and replace, to make sure they are seated properly.

WHY? Even the slightest mis-alignment in any contacts can cause major problems. I have a video tuner card in a PCI-E 1x slot that is not aligned to the bracket... Put in a screw, and the computer does strange things... I spent a lot of time bending this bracket, much less diagnosing the problem!

If the problem persists, remove the cards, and clean all the contacts with 92% alcohol and a Q-tip. Or buy a can of contact cleaner at an auto supply store, and give the boards contacts edge a brief spray, and wipe them dry with a Q-tip. You can safely spray the slots for the cards, but allow a half hour for it to evaporate.

On Google, type AERO, which should take you to Microsoft quickly. They can quickly step you thru requirements and problems. But I really think you have a problem with the seating of the graphics card. They are big, and the brackets may pull the contacts out of alignment. It the bracket is even a few degrees off, it pulls the contacts out when the screw is put in.

In your spec's, I was not impressed with 1 memory module, rather than multiples to enable a wider data path. The video card should be able to run AERO.

I've built almost 1000 systems in the past 10 years... I've seen almost every problem in hardware, and 99% of software problems are related to hardware.

Hope this helps?

Posted 02/23/2012 07:30 AM   
Good tips Cloud Dancer

The contact cleaner is called CRC Electronic Cleaner ...buy it most automotive stores...works real well...dries fast and will remove any oily deposits..

I also know of the bracket deal...some cards when you screw them down will actually lift off their seat--->the screw when tightened will **** the card..

I hope you can get into the bios setup and shut down your on board video PLEASE LET US KNOW..

GL~~
Good tips Cloud Dancer

The contact cleaner is called CRC Electronic Cleaner ...buy it most automotive stores...works real well...dries fast and will remove any oily deposits..

I also know of the bracket deal...some cards when you screw them down will actually lift off their seat--->the screw when tightened will **** the card..

I hope you can get into the bios setup and shut down your on board video PLEASE LET US KNOW..

GL~~

Posted 02/23/2012 02:45 PM   
Scroll To Top