Driver Install/uninstall issues. Not able to install/uninstall graphics drivers.
Hello, I've been trying to fix this for quite some time now.
I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 I tried to update my graphics driver as I currently have 275.33.
If I run the Nvidia updater from the software, it says I am up to date. If I run the scan from the website
it tells me to download 285.62. I downloaded it and it fails to install. I go to uninstall 275.33 and it fails
to uninstall, or do anything at all really. I try to uninstall any and all of the nvidia drivers, all fail. I tried driver cleaner, driver sweeper, ect. with
no success. I restored my computer to a previous point as to start from the beginning.

Running windows 7 ultimate with MSI N460GTX Twin Frozr II SOC GeForce GTX 460

Any suggestions?
Hello, I've been trying to fix this for quite some time now.

I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 I tried to update my graphics driver as I currently have 275.33.

If I run the Nvidia updater from the software, it says I am up to date. If I run the scan from the website

it tells me to download 285.62. I downloaded it and it fails to install. I go to uninstall 275.33 and it fails

to uninstall, or do anything at all really. I try to uninstall any and all of the nvidia drivers, all fail. I tried driver cleaner, driver sweeper, ect. with

no success. I restored my computer to a previous point as to start from the beginning.

Running windows 7 ultimate with MSI N460GTX Twin Frozr II SOC GeForce GTX 460

Any suggestions?

Posted 02/20/2012 06:00 AM   
Bump /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
Bump /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Posted 02/22/2012 01:57 AM   
Still not resolved, I really do not want to reformat.

Posted 05/06/2012 06:19 PM   
There are many ways to solve this, but most of them pretty technical. Easiest thing to try is uninstall all NVIDIA software via control panel, rename the Program files\NVIDIA Corporation folder and reinstall.
There are many ways to solve this, but most of them pretty technical. Easiest thing to try is uninstall all NVIDIA software via control panel, rename the Program files\NVIDIA Corporation folder and reinstall.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 05/06/2012 11:05 PM   
[quote name='TexasKeef' date='06 May 2012 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1336328391' post='1404945']
[/quote]

[color="#4169E1"]I use pnputil.
Find cmd.exe in your Windows/System32 folder.
Right-click it and select Run as Admin.
At the prompt type pnputil /e and press enter and it will list the different drivers.
On the list the drivers have different numbers assigned to them such as "oem37.inf".
Write down the ones you want to remove.
Then if you want to remove one of them (I'll use my example oem37.inf)
at the command prompt type "pnputil /d oem37.inf" and press enter.

For more details on all of this see:[/color] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff550428(v=vs.85).aspx
[quote name='TexasKeef' date='06 May 2012 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1336328391' post='1404945']

I use pnputil.

Find cmd.exe in your Windows/System32 folder.

Right-click it and select Run as Admin.

At the prompt type pnputil /e and press enter and it will list the different drivers.

On the list the drivers have different numbers assigned to them such as "oem37.inf".

Write down the ones you want to remove.

Then if you want to remove one of them (I'll use my example oem37.inf)

at the command prompt type "pnputil /d oem37.inf" and press enter.

For more details on all of this see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff550428(v=vs.85).aspx

EVGA GTX 780, Haswell 4770K cpu@3.9 GHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, ASUS Maximus VI Hero motherboard, 250 GB SSD drive, 750W PC Power & Cooling power supply, Samsung 46" LED 1080p TV @60Hz, Soundblaster Z PCI-e.

Posted 05/07/2012 02:31 PM   
Scroll To Top