So... a guy tries to update his driver... *old* HybridPower tech my @$$
[size="6"]First of all, I want to point out, that I am VERY dissapointed @ Nvidia's driver team in this matter.[/size]

SO! This is my SECOND time I post THIS VERY topic at this forum, and NOTHING has happened ever since.

1½ year ago I bought my ASUS UL80Vt laptop. I am never going to buy a PC laptop again. Nuff said.

Last time I tried updating my Nvidia video driver from standard 186.88, I ended up with the biggest ****'d up piece of useless **** PC ever known to mankind. LUCKLY, I got it working by reinstalling OS and install the same old drivers that came with the PC in the first place. Hurray ?

Now this 186.88 driver is one heck of a **** driver. It does not support any kind of CUDA/GPU acceleration, and it definately does not support any kind of newer game. And I can not update to something newer than 197.16 *UNOFFICIAL* driver, which I do not want to jump into, after what happened last time.

Actually, I'm not here asking for help making this HybridCrap working. I've totally given up on that.

My question is; Is there anyway I can TURN OFF the onboard Intel graphics, and make G210M the 'primary' GPU ? IF SO, is it THEN possible to update the driver, without any problems ?

I just want my video driver updated ffs !!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, I want to point out, that I am VERY dissapointed @ Nvidia's driver team in this matter.

SO! This is my SECOND time I post THIS VERY topic at this forum, and NOTHING has happened ever since.

1½ year ago I bought my ASUS UL80Vt laptop. I am never going to buy a PC laptop again. Nuff said.

Last time I tried updating my Nvidia video driver from standard 186.88, I ended up with the biggest ****'d up piece of useless **** PC ever known to mankind. LUCKLY, I got it working by reinstalling OS and install the same old drivers that came with the PC in the first place. Hurray ?

Now this 186.88 driver is one heck of a **** driver. It does not support any kind of CUDA/GPU acceleration, and it definately does not support any kind of newer game. And I can not update to something newer than 197.16 *UNOFFICIAL* driver, which I do not want to jump into, after what happened last time.

Actually, I'm not here asking for help making this HybridCrap working. I've totally given up on that.

My question is; Is there anyway I can TURN OFF the onboard Intel graphics, and make G210M the 'primary' GPU ? IF SO, is it THEN possible to update the driver, without any problems ?

I just want my video driver updated ffs !!!!!!!!!!!

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 02/19/2012 08:05 PM   
Have you tried disabling the Intel graphics in device manager? Or installing the Nvidia drivers manually through device manager?
Have you tried disabling the Intel graphics in device manager? Or installing the Nvidia drivers manually through device manager?

Project Overkill (Finally up and running)
TYAN S4985
4x AMD Opteron 8356
8Gb HP/Micron DDR2 667 ECC
Custom Corsair Obsidian 700D

Super Beast
HP xw9400
2x AMD Opteron 2222 @3.2Ghz
8Gb HP/Micron DDR2 667 ECC
Asus GTX480, XFX 8800GT
Custom HP xw8200 workstation chassis

Beast (WIP)
XFX 780i
Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.6Ghz
4Gb Corsair Dominator 800
Corsair H50
Custom Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black

Posted 02/19/2012 08:12 PM   
[quote name='DarthVader_SLI' date='19 February 2012 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1329682348' post='1371481']
Have you tried disabling the Intel graphics in device manager?
[/quote]
Last time I tried that, the screen just went black.

[quote name='DarthVader_SLI' date='19 February 2012 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1329682348' post='1371481']
Or installing the Nvidia drivers manually through device manager?
[/quote]
I don't see how that could make any difference. As long as Intel Graphics is 1st priority, and new drivers ruin the Hybrid setup, there's no way it is possible.

Have you tried disabling the Intel graphics in device manager?

Last time I tried that, the screen just went black.

Or installing the Nvidia drivers manually through device manager?

I don't see how that could make any difference. As long as Intel Graphics is 1st priority, and new drivers ruin the Hybrid setup, there's no way it is possible.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 02/19/2012 08:23 PM   
Scroll To Top