Need new graphics card
My geforce 9200 went out 2 days after pc warranty expired. Want a card non-integrated with 1 g mem. Have Acer Aspire x300g pc, 4 g ram, win 7, amd athalon II x2 255 processor dual-core, 1 T hd. Not a gamer so don't need anything expensive.
pc is small tower, not low profile. I have a nvidia geforce 220 if that would work. thanks!
My geforce 9200 went out 2 days after pc warranty expired. Want a card non-integrated with 1 g mem. Have Acer Aspire x300g pc, 4 g ram, win 7, amd athalon II x2 255 processor dual-core, 1 T hd. Not a gamer so don't need anything expensive.

pc is small tower, not low profile. I have a nvidia geforce 220 if that would work. thanks!

Posted 02/17/2012 04:59 PM   
What happened?..I fixed a card that crashed simply by adding the heat grease to the heat sink under the fan..If it works for a few minutes after you shut down..try the lube..its the stuff that you use for your processor to keep it cool..

Does the card work after you shut down for several minutes allowing it to cool?...It takes only a few minutes to heat up the video processor under a load (gaming-graphics ect.)

maybe its a hardware issue something simple such as i pointed out~~
What happened?..I fixed a card that crashed simply by adding the heat grease to the heat sink under the fan..If it works for a few minutes after you shut down..try the lube..its the stuff that you use for your processor to keep it cool..

Does the card work after you shut down for several minutes allowing it to cool?...It takes only a few minutes to heat up the video processor under a load (gaming-graphics ect.)

maybe its a hardware issue something simple such as i pointed out~~

Posted 02/17/2012 06:13 PM   
The screen suddenly went all different colors and the picture was skewed. I rebooted and then vertical lines were on the screen. I went to a site that gave you pics of different situations and the picture indicating the graphics card was bad was exactly like mine with the lines. The next morning I booted up the pc and got a black screen.
The screen suddenly went all different colors and the picture was skewed. I rebooted and then vertical lines were on the screen. I went to a site that gave you pics of different situations and the picture indicating the graphics card was bad was exactly like mine with the lines. The next morning I booted up the pc and got a black screen.

Posted 02/17/2012 08:43 PM   
The GeForce 220 should work as a replacement as long as it fits in the slot and the case.
The GeForce 220 should work as a replacement as long as it fits in the slot and the case.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 02/17/2012 11:42 PM   
im sorry for your problem...looks like the card fried..did you smell anything when this happened? Maybe the fan was at fault or the heat sink that sweeps away heat failed due to lack of that grease i mentioned...if you have on board video your still in it to win..check the back of your case for a video port...if theres one there plug in your cable and run setup in your bios...enable on board video ...disable the card..
im sorry for your problem...looks like the card fried..did you smell anything when this happened? Maybe the fan was at fault or the heat sink that sweeps away heat failed due to lack of that grease i mentioned...if you have on board video your still in it to win..check the back of your case for a video port...if theres one there plug in your cable and run setup in your bios...enable on board video ...disable the card..

Posted 02/18/2012 03:40 AM   
[quote name='Ital' date='17 February 2012 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1329522132' post='1370934']
[/quote]
Thanks! going to try that.
[quote name='Ital' date='17 February 2012 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1329522132' post='1370934']

Thanks! going to try that.

Posted 02/18/2012 05:18 AM   
[quote name='TeacherPHD' date='17 February 2012 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1329536415' post='1371002']
[/quote]
Thanks for your advice. I in no way meant to diss nvidia. Things happen. I love the 220 I had put in an older Dell during the summer and hoped it would fit the acer. Worth a try. If not, I will check out your advice. If I didnt like nvidia, wouldnt be on this site looking for a referral to one :)
[quote name='TeacherPHD' date='17 February 2012 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1329536415' post='1371002']

Thanks for your advice. I in no way meant to diss nvidia. Things happen. I love the 220 I had put in an older Dell during the summer and hoped it would fit the acer. Worth a try. If not, I will check out your advice. If I didnt like nvidia, wouldnt be on this site looking for a referral to one :)

Posted 02/18/2012 05:20 AM   
[quote name='svannasmilz' date='18 February 2012 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1329542444' post='1371030']
[/quote]

you haven't dissed anyone..don't think that way..you want your stuff workin..please inspect that card when you get it out..check the fan for movement if you have one...and seriously take a smell at the card...you'll know if it got hot just by the odor it gives off..
[quote name='svannasmilz' date='18 February 2012 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1329542444' post='1371030']

you haven't dissed anyone..don't think that way..you want your stuff workin..please inspect that card when you get it out..check the fan for movement if you have one...and seriously take a smell at the card...you'll know if it got hot just by the odor it gives off..

Posted 02/18/2012 06:46 AM   
Scroll To Top