GeForce GTX 560M TDR issues TDR occurs on multiple drivers in multiple circumstances
Hi all,

I just bout an ASUS G74Sx last week, and since the moment I turned it on I've been getting TDRs with the graphics driver. I've tried doing the troubleshooting steps in multiple topics. I haven't had a chance to run any memory testing tools yet but I will tonight I think.

I've tried the 285.62 driver, 295.51 BETA driver, the 275.33 driver that was recommended in one of the TDR troubleshooting posts, and also the driver ASUS supplies which is at 268.37. The ASUS driver seems to be the most "stable"; I get TDRs after I boot or resume from sleep/hibernation for about 10 minutes but once it starts running it's usually fine. The 275.33 driver only seemed to TDR if I was watching a Flash video (like YouTube). The 285.62 and 295.51 drivers would just make it happen randomly (I think, I haven't had either of those on here for a few days). Each time I've installed a driver I've cleaned the previous drivers with nVidia's uninstall tool and Driver Sweeper to make sure nothing's left over. It's [b]NEVER[/b] happened while playing a game, and I've played a decent amount on this laptop.

At this point I'm starting to worry that it's a hardware issue, which is REALLY unfortunate because I need this for school work. I could bring it in over spring break next week since I probably won't need it much but I guess I'm hoping maybe someone here has some other ideas for things to try.

Thanks!
-Craig

My specs:
ASUS G74Sx
Core i7 2670QM
8GB RAM
2x500GB HDD
GeForce GTX 560M 2GB
Hi all,

I just bout an ASUS G74Sx last week, and since the moment I turned it on I've been getting TDRs with the graphics driver. I've tried doing the troubleshooting steps in multiple topics. I haven't had a chance to run any memory testing tools yet but I will tonight I think.

I've tried the 285.62 driver, 295.51 BETA driver, the 275.33 driver that was recommended in one of the TDR troubleshooting posts, and also the driver ASUS supplies which is at 268.37. The ASUS driver seems to be the most "stable"; I get TDRs after I boot or resume from sleep/hibernation for about 10 minutes but once it starts running it's usually fine. The 275.33 driver only seemed to TDR if I was watching a Flash video (like YouTube). The 285.62 and 295.51 drivers would just make it happen randomly (I think, I haven't had either of those on here for a few days). Each time I've installed a driver I've cleaned the previous drivers with nVidia's uninstall tool and Driver Sweeper to make sure nothing's left over. It's NEVER happened while playing a game, and I've played a decent amount on this laptop.

At this point I'm starting to worry that it's a hardware issue, which is REALLY unfortunate because I need this for school work. I could bring it in over spring break next week since I probably won't need it much but I guess I'm hoping maybe someone here has some other ideas for things to try.

Thanks!

-Craig

My specs:

ASUS G74Sx

Core i7 2670QM

8GB RAM

2x500GB HDD

GeForce GTX 560M 2GB

Posted 02/17/2012 03:58 PM   
[quote name='Craigular.B' date='17 February 2012 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1329494294' post='1370750']
Hi all,

I've tried the 285.62 driver, 295.51 BETA driver, the 275.33 driver that was recommended in one of the TDR troubleshooting posts, and also the driver ASUS supplies which is at 268.37. The ASUS driver seems to be the most "stable"; I get TDRs after I boot or resume from sleep/hibernation for about 10 minutes but once it starts running it's usually fine. The 275.33 driver only seemed to TDR if I was watching a Flash video (like YouTube). The 285.62 and 295.51 drivers would just make it happen randomly (I think, I haven't had either of those on here for a few days). Each time I've installed a driver I've cleaned the previous drivers with nVidia's uninstall tool and Driver Sweeper to make sure nothing's left over. It's [b]NEVER[/b] happened while playing a game, and I've played a decent amount on this laptop.

Thanks!
-Craig

My specs:
ASUS G74Sx
Core i7 2670QM
8GB RAM
2x500GB HDD
GeForce GTX 560M 2GB
[/quote]

Hello Craig,

I have an ASUS G74SX too: i7 2630QM / 8GB RAM DDR3 / 750GB HDD / NVIDIA GTX 560M 3GB DDR5

I didn't know what TDR meant so I did a little research on Google and found out that your problem is happening more often than you suspect.

Here is a topic which I posted a solution: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=219269

I guess I solved the problem in my case because it's been almost a week that I got no crashes with my current GPU.

Hope this works for you.

Cya.
[quote name='Craigular.B' date='17 February 2012 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1329494294' post='1370750']

Hi all,

I've tried the 285.62 driver, 295.51 BETA driver, the 275.33 driver that was recommended in one of the TDR troubleshooting posts, and also the driver ASUS supplies which is at 268.37. The ASUS driver seems to be the most "stable"; I get TDRs after I boot or resume from sleep/hibernation for about 10 minutes but once it starts running it's usually fine. The 275.33 driver only seemed to TDR if I was watching a Flash video (like YouTube). The 285.62 and 295.51 drivers would just make it happen randomly (I think, I haven't had either of those on here for a few days). Each time I've installed a driver I've cleaned the previous drivers with nVidia's uninstall tool and Driver Sweeper to make sure nothing's left over. It's NEVER happened while playing a game, and I've played a decent amount on this laptop.

Thanks!

-Craig

My specs:

ASUS G74Sx

Core i7 2670QM

8GB RAM

2x500GB HDD

GeForce GTX 560M 2GB

Hello Craig,

I have an ASUS G74SX too: i7 2630QM / 8GB RAM DDR3 / 750GB HDD / NVIDIA GTX 560M 3GB DDR5

I didn't know what TDR meant so I did a little research on Google and found out that your problem is happening more often than you suspect.

Here is a topic which I posted a solution: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=219269

I guess I solved the problem in my case because it's been almost a week that I got no crashes with my current GPU.

Hope this works for you.

Cya.

Posted 02/17/2012 04:43 PM   
[quote name='Marcos Monteiro' date='17 February 2012 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1329496989' post='1370767']
Hello Craig,

Hope this works for you.

Cya.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately when I resumed my computer tonight I realized it hadn't solved my problem. I may be looking at bringing this in to Best Buy (where I bought it from) and have them take a look at the hardware...

-Craig
[quote name='Marcos Monteiro' date='17 February 2012 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1329496989' post='1370767']

Hello Craig,

Hope this works for you.

Cya.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately when I resumed my computer tonight I realized it hadn't solved my problem. I may be looking at bringing this in to Best Buy (where I bought it from) and have them take a look at the hardware...

-Craig

Posted 02/18/2012 02:13 AM   
Scroll To Top