To Andrew: Mass Effect 3 3d vision compatibility?
http://www.geforce.com/GamesandApps/games/mass-effect-3
Is listed among the 3d vision compatible games. I am uncertain if this is a mistake or that it actually is fixed somehow via nvidia profile. Any updates would be nice.(Not to mention it will make a great many people unhappy who buy 3d monitors/3d vision for me3 when they find out it isnt compatible. So hopefully we can hear before this happens.)
http://www.geforce.com/GamesandApps/games/mass-effect-3

Is listed among the 3d vision compatible games. I am uncertain if this is a mistake or that it actually is fixed somehow via nvidia profile. Any updates would be nice.(Not to mention it will make a great many people unhappy who buy 3d monitors/3d vision for me3 when they find out it isnt compatible. So hopefully we can hear before this happens.)
[quote name='eqzitara' date='16 February 2012 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1329411547' post='1370351']
http://www.geforce.com/GamesandApps/games/mass-effect-3)
Is listed among the 3d vision compatible games. I am uncertain if this is a mistake or that it actually is fixed somehow via nvidia profile. Any updates would be nice.(Not to mention it will make a great many people unhappy who buy 3d monitors/3d vision for me3 when they find out it isnt compatible.)
[/quote]

That list, unfortunately, has some games listed there that shouldn't be. Fable:The Lost Chapters, Time Shift, and Dark Void are all listed there and they definitely had their shares of issues and were not 3D Vision Ready. I would like to hear some feedback on Mass Effect 3 though.
[quote name='eqzitara' date='16 February 2012 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1329411547' post='1370351']

http://www.geforce.com/GamesandApps/games/mass-effect-3)

Is listed among the 3d vision compatible games. I am uncertain if this is a mistake or that it actually is fixed somehow via nvidia profile. Any updates would be nice.(Not to mention it will make a great many people unhappy who buy 3d monitors/3d vision for me3 when they find out it isnt compatible.)

That list, unfortunately, has some games listed there that shouldn't be. Fable:The Lost Chapters, Time Shift, and Dark Void are all listed there and they definitely had their shares of issues and were not 3D Vision Ready. I would like to hear some feedback on Mass Effect 3 though.

Posted 02/16/2012 05:22 PM   
Andrew, I am somewhat 'confused' that Nvidia has said absolutely nothing yet about ME3 in S3D in this forum (or anywhere else), given that they have written 3 separate articles already for ME3 on the geforce home page, including a benchmarking analysis for heavens sake - with no mention of 3D vision whatsoever! Can you at least confirm that a 3d profile is in the pipeline?
Andrew, I am somewhat 'confused' that Nvidia has said absolutely nothing yet about ME3 in S3D in this forum (or anywhere else), given that they have written 3 separate articles already for ME3 on the geforce home page, including a benchmarking analysis for heavens sake - with no mention of 3D vision whatsoever! Can you at least confirm that a 3d profile is in the pipeline?

Rig: Intel i5-3570K @4.5GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2xGTX770 in SLI, Win7 64 bit, 3D Vision 2 Asus VG278, Optoma HD66

3DSolutionGaming: http://www.3dSolutionGaming.com
Helixmod: http://helixmod.blogspot.com
3DMigoto: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki

Posted 02/16/2012 07:08 PM   
Why are you guys surprised after all the recent dust-up and backlash over "3D Vision Ready" titles not being supported on launch day? Just look at the Battlefield 3 thread. Don't expect to hear a peep out of Andrew or Nvidia until 1) they have a working 3D Vision patch through Bioware or 2) the game launches and they promise a 3D Vision solution at a later date.

I personally won't buy the game until I have confirmation either way that they're working on 3D Vision implementation. If we have to use HeliX mod for a better 3D solution I'll just wait until its $30 or less.
Why are you guys surprised after all the recent dust-up and backlash over "3D Vision Ready" titles not being supported on launch day? Just look at the Battlefield 3 thread. Don't expect to hear a peep out of Andrew or Nvidia until 1) they have a working 3D Vision patch through Bioware or 2) the game launches and they promise a 3D Vision solution at a later date.

I personally won't buy the game until I have confirmation either way that they're working on 3D Vision implementation. If we have to use HeliX mod for a better 3D solution I'll just wait until its $30 or less.

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 02/16/2012 07:40 PM   
[quote name='chiz' date='16 February 2012 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1329421225' post='1370417']

[/quote]

You make a good point... ;-) Anyway, the message has been sent, we'll see what happens...
[quote name='chiz' date='16 February 2012 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1329421225' post='1370417']

You make a good point... ;-) Anyway, the message has been sent, we'll see what happens...

Rig: Intel i5-3570K @4.5GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2xGTX770 in SLI, Win7 64 bit, 3D Vision 2 Asus VG278, Optoma HD66

3DSolutionGaming: http://www.3dSolutionGaming.com
Helixmod: http://helixmod.blogspot.com
3DMigoto: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki

Posted 02/16/2012 07:48 PM   
[quote name='chiz' date='16 February 2012 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1329421225' post='1370417']

[/quote]
More of a reason for them not to put up a special page saying its 3D compatible imo. Wouldnt surprise me seeing how it is in game if its not 3d vision compatible since its like 99% same issues in me2.

I honestly don't think nvidia can fix any of these issues with their curent setup... They should at least take that page down before someone gets screwed.

(They should start talking salary with helix though = )
[quote name='chiz' date='16 February 2012 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1329421225' post='1370417']

More of a reason for them not to put up a special page saying its 3D compatible imo. Wouldnt surprise me seeing how it is in game if its not 3d vision compatible since its like 99% same issues in me2.

I honestly don't think nvidia can fix any of these issues with their curent setup... They should at least take that page down before someone gets screwed.

(They should start talking salary with helix though = )
Has Andrew even posted this year? He pops in here as his schedule permits but he can vanish for months at a time.

Honestly, plenty of people are going to be very interested in buying this game with or without 3D. Wait for them to tell you how well the game works in 3D.

The '3D Vision Compatible' is NOT always a good sign. That often seems to mean that the developers are handling it and, at least so far, many of them have been handling it very badly by putting pathetic limits on depth or locking the convergence at a level that might work well if you were sitting in front of a movie screen instead of a monitor.
Has Andrew even posted this year? He pops in here as his schedule permits but he can vanish for months at a time.

Honestly, plenty of people are going to be very interested in buying this game with or without 3D. Wait for them to tell you how well the game works in 3D.

The '3D Vision Compatible' is NOT always a good sign. That often seems to mean that the developers are handling it and, at least so far, many of them have been handling it very badly by putting pathetic limits on depth or locking the convergence at a level that might work well if you were sitting in front of a movie screen instead of a monitor.

Posted 02/17/2012 01:00 AM   
Scroll To Top