DIY PC build Compatible parts?
I'm looking to build my own PC and I would like some confirmation that all the parts i'm looking at are compatible before I buy them all, i don't want to waste money on a part that wont work. so if you could look over my component list below and tell me if anything down there wont be compatible it will be greatly appreciated.

Core i5 2500K LGA 1155 [b]Processor[/b]

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti [b]Video Card[/b] - GDDR5

ASUS P8H67-V (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 [b]Motherboard[/b]

Patriot G Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 [b]RAM[/b]

Coolmax CUL-650B [b]Power Supply[/b] - 650-Watt, 140mm Fan

Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 500GB 3.5" [b]Hard drive[/b]

Rosewill RNX-N300[b] Wireless N Adapter[/b]

SAMSUNG Black SATA [b]DVD-ROM Drive[/b] Model TS-H353C 3.5"

Cooler Master HAF 922M ATX Black Mid-[b]Tower Case[/b]

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated. thank you
I'm looking to build my own PC and I would like some confirmation that all the parts i'm looking at are compatible before I buy them all, i don't want to waste money on a part that wont work. so if you could look over my component list below and tell me if anything down there wont be compatible it will be greatly appreciated.

Core i5 2500K LGA 1155 Processor

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Video Card - GDDR5

ASUS P8H67-V (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 Motherboard

Patriot G Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 RAM

Coolmax CUL-650B Power Supply - 650-Watt, 140mm Fan

Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 500GB 3.5" Hard drive

Rosewill RNX-N300 Wireless N Adapter

SAMSUNG Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model TS-H353C 3.5"

Cooler Master HAF 922M ATX Black Mid-Tower Case

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated. thank you

Posted 02/13/2012 09:37 PM   
Should be great, I would switch to a 560ti, lot more horsepower, little more cost. Another thing I've been recommending a lot is that instead of buying an integrated wifi adapter, instead get a network bridge. This will give you WIFI with 4 LAN ports, you can plug your PC directly into it as well as 3 other devices for the same cost. One added benefit is that you don't have to wait for the PC to acquire the wifi every time you start up since the bridge is always connected, and bridges have much better range. I love this unit, it is dual band including 5ghz and in the year I have had it, it has never once dropped the wifi connection:

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DAP-1522-Extreme-Dual-Band-Wireless-N/dp/B001769K3O
Should be great, I would switch to a 560ti, lot more horsepower, little more cost. Another thing I've been recommending a lot is that instead of buying an integrated wifi adapter, instead get a network bridge. This will give you WIFI with 4 LAN ports, you can plug your PC directly into it as well as 3 other devices for the same cost. One added benefit is that you don't have to wait for the PC to acquire the wifi every time you start up since the bridge is always connected, and bridges have much better range. I love this unit, it is dual band including 5ghz and in the year I have had it, it has never once dropped the wifi connection:

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DAP-1522-Extreme-Dual-Band-Wireless-N/dp/B001769K3O

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 02/13/2012 09:55 PM   
[quote name='GenericNameHere' date='13 February 2012 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1329170153' post='1369029']

[/quote]

Ok awesome, thanks. I considered the 560ti when i was looking at cards, and i just thought it was a little bit out of my budget. maybe in the future when I get more money I will think about the 560 and the network bridge. thanks for the advise though, I appreciate it
[quote name='GenericNameHere' date='13 February 2012 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1329170153' post='1369029']

Ok awesome, thanks. I considered the 560ti when i was looking at cards, and i just thought it was a little bit out of my budget. maybe in the future when I get more money I will think about the 560 and the network bridge. thanks for the advise though, I appreciate it

Posted 02/14/2012 01:44 AM   
The bridge will cost about the same as the wifi adapter but give you a lot more functionality. For example, if you decide to do work on another machine at your desk, you will automatically be able to plug it in via a Cat-5 LAN cable. The bridge can be located anywhere in your house. Even if a machine has wifi (laptop), if you are doing a clean install the wifi adapter may not hook-up at first, but if you are plugged in via Cat-5 it will be able to search the net for drivers and fix itself.
The bridge will cost about the same as the wifi adapter but give you a lot more functionality. For example, if you decide to do work on another machine at your desk, you will automatically be able to plug it in via a Cat-5 LAN cable. The bridge can be located anywhere in your house. Even if a machine has wifi (laptop), if you are doing a clean install the wifi adapter may not hook-up at first, but if you are plugged in via Cat-5 it will be able to search the net for drivers and fix itself.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 02/14/2012 02:35 AM   
that PSU not only looks like junk, but it is indeed junk. here's a [url="http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Coolmax-CUL-750B-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/977/1"]review[/url] of the "750W" (lol) model.
get something else, something reliable. you only need a good 400-450W unit, but let it be good! (i recommend seasonic units, or others which are labelled by other companies but are actually seasonic units. people like corsair brand, and most of their good psu's are seasonic makes.)
that PSU not only looks like junk, but it is indeed junk. here's a review of the "750W" (lol) model.

get something else, something reliable. you only need a good 400-450W unit, but let it be good! (i recommend seasonic units, or others which are labelled by other companies but are actually seasonic units. people like corsair brand, and most of their good psu's are seasonic makes.)
Posted 02/14/2012 07:23 AM   
Scroll To Top