Extended Desktop Question Tweaking
[b]SOLVED! See 2nd Post![/b]

Greetings!

I have the GeForce 7800GT. It's a great card. I am using dual monitors. I have it set up as Extended Desktop. It's pretty great; however, I wish a few things were different. Perhaps there are settings to change this...

No one wants to read a story about someone elses issues so here it is in point form.

[b]Wanted (in order of preference)
-------------------------------
1. When a window is maximized, it stays in one display rather than extending across both.
2. The task bar is only in the primary display, not extended across both.
3. To be able to set each monitor to difference resolutions.[/b]

Now a bit of the story,

I am use to my laptop attached to an external monitor. In that case, the primary monitor acts as one desktop, and the second monitor acts as a separate desktop except they are linked. IE: Just like the extended desktop as mentioned with the Geforce card but the task bar is not in the secondary display, when a window is maximized, it stays in one display, not both, and I can set each monitor to difference resolutions.

Is this possible with the GeForce 7800GT?

Any hints or tips would be great!

Thanks!

GeForce 7800GT
1 Acer AL2216W
1 Benq 21"
Windows XP Pro
SOLVED! See 2nd Post!

Greetings!

I have the GeForce 7800GT. It's a great card. I am using dual monitors. I have it set up as Extended Desktop. It's pretty great; however, I wish a few things were different. Perhaps there are settings to change this...

No one wants to read a story about someone elses issues so here it is in point form.

Wanted (in order of preference)

-------------------------------

1. When a window is maximized, it stays in one display rather than extending across both.

2. The task bar is only in the primary display, not extended across both.

3. To be able to set each monitor to difference resolutions.

Now a bit of the story,

I am use to my laptop attached to an external monitor. In that case, the primary monitor acts as one desktop, and the second monitor acts as a separate desktop except they are linked. IE: Just like the extended desktop as mentioned with the Geforce card but the task bar is not in the secondary display, when a window is maximized, it stays in one display, not both, and I can set each monitor to difference resolutions.

Is this possible with the GeForce 7800GT?

Any hints or tips would be great!

Thanks!

GeForce 7800GT

1 Acer AL2216W

1 Benq 21"

Windows XP Pro

Posted 02/13/2012 03:36 PM   
I installed the beta drivers for my card and it added options to set the displays to be 'Configured differently from each other (Dual view)'

That did everything.

SOLVED!
I installed the beta drivers for my card and it added options to set the displays to be 'Configured differently from each other (Dual view)'

That did everything.

SOLVED!

Posted 02/13/2012 09:54 PM   
Scroll To Top