3DTV Play
Hello,
So i just got a new sony tv with the built in 3d. I checked and it supports the Nvidia 3dtv play. So I am trying to install the 14 day free trial but I've been running into some issues. I get "Install cannot continue your operating system is not supported. 3dtv play requires windows vista or later". or it wont even launch and gives me an error message "The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open,"
I'm running windows 7 64 bit with nvidia drivers 285.62. I've tried safe mode and compatibility mode with Vista, Vista SP1 and 2 but that does nothing. I have turned off AVG, Spybot, and my firewall and no luck. Its an Asus PC with the GTX260 card. I've looked at some of the forum posts but I haven't found anything that works for me. Is there a workaround for it or is it because of a bad installer I can't output 3d to my tv?
Hello,

So i just got a new sony tv with the built in 3d. I checked and it supports the Nvidia 3dtv play. So I am trying to install the 14 day free trial but I've been running into some issues. I get "Install cannot continue your operating system is not supported. 3dtv play requires windows vista or later". or it wont even launch and gives me an error message "The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open,"

I'm running windows 7 64 bit with nvidia drivers 285.62. I've tried safe mode and compatibility mode with Vista, Vista SP1 and 2 but that does nothing. I have turned off AVG, Spybot, and my firewall and no luck. Its an Asus PC with the GTX260 card. I've looked at some of the forum posts but I haven't found anything that works for me. Is there a workaround for it or is it because of a bad installer I can't output 3d to my tv?
Attachments

Error Msg.jpg

Posted 02/09/2012 03:40 AM   
You may get 3DTV Play to work, but why would you want to? If you can't swap your Sony for a native res 1920x1080 capable TV (i.e. samsung) then consider a better alternative than 3DTV Play and go for either TriDef 3D or iZ3D, they both support native res side by side mode. With 3DTV play, you're stuck with scaled low res 1280x720.
You may get 3DTV Play to work, but why would you want to? If you can't swap your Sony for a native res 1920x1080 capable TV (i.e. samsung) then consider a better alternative than 3DTV Play and go for either TriDef 3D or iZ3D, they both support native res side by side mode. With 3DTV play, you're stuck with scaled low res 1280x720.

Posted 02/09/2012 04:30 AM   
I had problems too at first would not even install just crash out. I switched to the beta drivers and all problems gone and they added support for more 3d tvs. I'm loving the games especially Alice Madness Returns no ghosting crosstalk ect. I use a Passive 3D bargain set Vizio E3D470VX and it has blown me away it really doesn't feel like 720p with full AA ect. Blows away the 3d on ps3 in terms of sharpness and texture quality. Hope it helps imo passive > active less headaches and more gaming. My rig basics core I5 2500k and evga 570 Gtx windows 7 home
I had problems too at first would not even install just crash out. I switched to the beta drivers and all problems gone and they added support for more 3d tvs. I'm loving the games especially Alice Madness Returns no ghosting crosstalk ect. I use a Passive 3D bargain set Vizio E3D470VX and it has blown me away it really doesn't feel like 720p with full AA ect. Blows away the 3d on ps3 in terms of sharpness and texture quality. Hope it helps imo passive > active less headaches and more gaming. My rig basics core I5 2500k and evga 570 Gtx windows 7 home

Posted 02/10/2012 08:57 AM   
I do not know why 3DTV Play is limited to 24FPS @ 1920x1080. TriDef kann go up to 60fps I think. Can you actually make an installation with TriDef and 3DTV simultaneously, is this possible? TriDef I'd take for games and 3DTV for BR (ISO).
I do not know why 3DTV Play is limited to 24FPS @ 1920x1080. TriDef kann go up to 60fps I think. Can you actually make an installation with TriDef and 3DTV simultaneously, is this possible? TriDef I'd take for games and 3DTV for BR (ISO).

Posted 02/10/2012 11:51 AM   
[quote name='saskeu' date='10 February 2012 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1328874710' post='1367680']
[/quote]
Both can be installed at the same time, just turn one off while using the other. This what I did when I tested 34 different 3D games in both Tri Def and 3D Vision. Most find that nvidia CB mode is much better than tridef in terms of artifacts and visual quality, not to mention game support. If Tri Def were better, you wouldn't find so many people jumping through flaming hoops backwards to get 3D Vision to work on their non-3D Vision TVs, people would just use TriDef. And don't even get me started on iZ3D!
[quote name='saskeu' date='10 February 2012 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1328874710' post='1367680']

Both can be installed at the same time, just turn one off while using the other. This what I did when I tested 34 different 3D games in both Tri Def and 3D Vision. Most find that nvidia CB mode is much better than tridef in terms of artifacts and visual quality, not to mention game support. If Tri Def were better, you wouldn't find so many people jumping through flaming hoops backwards to get 3D Vision to work on their non-3D Vision TVs, people would just use TriDef. And don't even get me started on iZ3D!

Posted 02/10/2012 03:18 PM   
The "problem" I have, I have a 60 Inch Plasma and 720p is looking quite bad! Then I thought, Tridef would be a better alternative for gaming.
The "problem" I have, I have a 60 Inch Plasma and 720p is looking quite bad! Then I thought, Tridef would be a better alternative for gaming.

Posted 02/10/2012 04:12 PM   
Scroll To Top