BF3 Tweaks?
My system is listed below, With the new BF3 Maps, back to Kirkland, two of the maps my FPS drop to about 30 in some areas. Is there any tweaks that can improve my FPS besides turning down graphics and resolutions? Would adjusting my page file make any difference?
My system is listed below, With the new BF3 Maps, back to Kirkland, two of the maps my FPS drop to about 30 in some areas. Is there any tweaks that can improve my FPS besides turning down graphics and resolutions? Would adjusting my page file make any difference?

Asus core i7-2630 quad, 3.0ghz, 12gb ram, geforce gt540m 1gb, 650gb HD

Posted 02/09/2012 01:37 AM   
In short, no.

BF3 is not very tweakable at all, the developers apparently did this to ensure that the game was not easily modded for cheating purposes.

Adjusting the page file MAY help, but more than likely you will notice no difference.
In short, no.

BF3 is not very tweakable at all, the developers apparently did this to ensure that the game was not easily modded for cheating purposes.

Adjusting the page file MAY help, but more than likely you will notice no difference.

CPU: Core i7 930 @ 4.20ghz 1.3v cooled by Antec Kuhler 920

MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium

GFX: 2x Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CUII @ 900mhz Core 2200mhz Memory

RAM: Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 6gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 2t

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt

CASE: Antec 1200

APU: X-fi Titanium Fatality SPEAKERS: Logitech X-530 5.1

HDD: 1x OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD GAMES 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb in RAID 0

DISPLAY: Acer H243HX 24" @ 1920x1080 Resolution

KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 MOUSE: Logitech G5 WHEEL Logitech G25 JOYSTICK Logitech G940

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Posted 02/09/2012 03:07 AM   
OK, I have 12gb of RAM, what should my page file be set at? Ive heard a few different theories on what would be max performance for games
OK, I have 12gb of RAM, what should my page file be set at? Ive heard a few different theories on what would be max performance for games

Asus core i7-2630 quad, 3.0ghz, 12gb ram, geforce gt540m 1gb, 650gb HD

Posted 02/15/2012 12:54 AM   
[quote name='brently04' date='15 February 2012 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1329267243' post='1369579']
[/quote]

Another name for page file is swap file.

So in theory a 1:1 ratio should be optimal.

Other ways to optimize page file include: putting the page file on a disk seperate to your C: (only do this if your C: is slower than your page file drive)

Manually adjusting the size in windows after removing completely the windows managed page file and restarting (this means your page file will remain unfragmented)

Some people say the bigger the file the worse the performance, what these people fail to understand is that the pagefile is not just integral for performance, and it does not mean RAM is not being utilized as it should be.

The page file is essential to the basic operation of windows, no matter how much RAM you have.

In practice I doubt you will see a difference in performance no matter what you do to it, but some people claim turning it off all together means windows works better......perhaps it does, but it also increases the chance of random errors occuring as some applications rely on the page file and not to mention windows does as well.

G.Abbinav (where are you g?!) runs without a page file and swears by it....whenever I have tried errors abound.

I use a program called JV16 Powertools to force the windows core to RAM, which gives me any performance increase that MAY be had due to those operations being paged in system memory, as well as keeping the page file for programs and apps that need it.
[quote name='brently04' date='15 February 2012 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1329267243' post='1369579']

Another name for page file is swap file.

So in theory a 1:1 ratio should be optimal.

Other ways to optimize page file include: putting the page file on a disk seperate to your C: (only do this if your C: is slower than your page file drive)

Manually adjusting the size in windows after removing completely the windows managed page file and restarting (this means your page file will remain unfragmented)

Some people say the bigger the file the worse the performance, what these people fail to understand is that the pagefile is not just integral for performance, and it does not mean RAM is not being utilized as it should be.

The page file is essential to the basic operation of windows, no matter how much RAM you have.

In practice I doubt you will see a difference in performance no matter what you do to it, but some people claim turning it off all together means windows works better......perhaps it does, but it also increases the chance of random errors occuring as some applications rely on the page file and not to mention windows does as well.

G.Abbinav (where are you g?!) runs without a page file and swears by it....whenever I have tried errors abound.

I use a program called JV16 Powertools to force the windows core to RAM, which gives me any performance increase that MAY be had due to those operations being paged in system memory, as well as keeping the page file for programs and apps that need it.

CPU: Core i7 930 @ 4.20ghz 1.3v cooled by Antec Kuhler 920

MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium

GFX: 2x Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CUII @ 900mhz Core 2200mhz Memory

RAM: Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 6gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 2t

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt

CASE: Antec 1200

APU: X-fi Titanium Fatality SPEAKERS: Logitech X-530 5.1

HDD: 1x OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD GAMES 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb in RAID 0

DISPLAY: Acer H243HX 24" @ 1920x1080 Resolution

KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 MOUSE: Logitech G5 WHEEL Logitech G25 JOYSTICK Logitech G940

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Posted 02/15/2012 02:33 AM   
Scroll To Top