new monitor trouble with hdmi display
I just bought a new asus 24 inch full hd monitor. I have a nvidia 520 graphics card...both items have an hdmi slot.

The problem is if I plug only the hdmi cables into both the display does not work and a message "no vga signal" flashes. If I plug both the hdmi cables and a vga cable in I can get the monitor to work. I thought I got it fixed when I went into nvidia settings and matched both displays. I think I am now using the hdmi connection as my main display, however, I still need to keep both connected for it to work. and help would be much appreciated.

Solved, button next to the power button switches displays...no instructions ftl.
I just bought a new asus 24 inch full hd monitor. I have a nvidia 520 graphics card...both items have an hdmi slot.

The problem is if I plug only the hdmi cables into both the display does not work and a message "no vga signal" flashes. If I plug both the hdmi cables and a vga cable in I can get the monitor to work. I thought I got it fixed when I went into nvidia settings and matched both displays. I think I am now using the hdmi connection as my main display, however, I still need to keep both connected for it to work. and help would be much appreciated.

Solved, button next to the power button switches displays...no instructions ftl.

Posted 02/08/2012 05:18 AM   
Scroll To Top