How to fix/disable shaders in games(DLL,guide and fixes).
  10 / 166    
Pardon my ignorance but what does;

"Copy "Release" version of DLL to "Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning" folder."

mean ?

I'm not sure what I have to do here. Could a kind-hearted, tech-savvy person please explain this to me as if I were a 5-year-old ?

NM. Figured it out. Fix works fine. Helix rocks !
Pardon my ignorance but what does;

"Copy "Release" version of DLL to "Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning" folder."

mean ?

I'm not sure what I have to do here. Could a kind-hearted, tech-savvy person please explain this to me as if I were a 5-year-old ?

NM. Figured it out. Fix works fine. Helix rocks !

Posted 02/11/2012 02:56 PM   
Is the water fixable in L4D2 with this tool?
Is the water fixable in L4D2 with this tool?

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, SLI GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

Handy Driver Discussion
Helix Mod - community fixes
Bo3b's Shaderhacker School - How to fix 3D in games
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 02/11/2012 04:12 PM   
@Helix
I was probably thinking for personal reasons. Updating and maintaining the binary versions is enough without bringing it into an open source mess.

We are intrinsicly trusting you, a trust well deserved.

I'm not looking for the source code of either debug or release I was just trying to get a minimal wrapper working that works with skyrim to see if I work on a tangent not available by just changing shaders.

Any old piece of code that doesn't crash Skyrim would be helpful.

I understand if you don't want to release code or if you might do it when the timing is right.
@Helix

I was probably thinking for personal reasons. Updating and maintaining the binary versions is enough without bringing it into an open source mess.

We are intrinsicly trusting you, a trust well deserved.

I'm not looking for the source code of either debug or release I was just trying to get a minimal wrapper working that works with skyrim to see if I work on a tangent not available by just changing shaders.

Any old piece of code that doesn't crash Skyrim would be helpful.

I understand if you don't want to release code or if you might do it when the timing is right.

Creator of GPU assembler for ASM shaders in 3DMigoto.

Posted 02/11/2012 05:07 PM   
Concerning what might be required to properly fix a game I find the GDC 2011 Topic of making Starcraft II support 3D Vision interesting.
http://www.nvidia.com/content/PDF/GDC2011/Stereoscopy.pdf

Especially as Starcraft II was written without any thoughts on 3D.

Things like application profile fixes and mysterious registry entry setups to guide heuristics as well as resizing a texture to be non-square by removing one row.

Overall it seems like far from trivial conversion.

Adjusting convergence depending on camera angle or mid-scene for the portrait view.
Concerning what might be required to properly fix a game I find the GDC 2011 Topic of making Starcraft II support 3D Vision interesting.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/PDF/GDC2011/Stereoscopy.pdf

Especially as Starcraft II was written without any thoughts on 3D.

Things like application profile fixes and mysterious registry entry setups to guide heuristics as well as resizing a texture to be non-square by removing one row.

Overall it seems like far from trivial conversion.

Adjusting convergence depending on camera angle or mid-scene for the portrait view.

Creator of GPU assembler for ASM shaders in 3DMigoto.

Posted 02/11/2012 05:12 PM   
[quote name='eqzitara' date='08 February 2012 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1328683946' post='1366747']
Dead Island Fix

This is a pretty good game that worked well in 3d vision. Only problem is that it had no way to manually get rid of shadows till now so game was best played on no convergence or shadows go everywhere. All shadows have been removed. Had some better indoor pictures but it didnt save right and I am to lazy to redo it = )

Extract both files in. steam/steamapps/common/dead island/
should look like.
steam/steamapps/common/dead island/d3d9.dll
steam/steamapps/common/dead island/shaderoverride
[/quote]
looking good so far, but i still have some lighting glitches (strange halos around lights). Fire and smoke are rendered 2D only. Is there still a possibility to fix this? I would be very happy about it. Thanks /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />
[quote name='eqzitara' date='08 February 2012 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1328683946' post='1366747']

Dead Island Fix

This is a pretty good game that worked well in 3d vision. Only problem is that it had no way to manually get rid of shadows till now so game was best played on no convergence or shadows go everywhere. All shadows have been removed. Had some better indoor pictures but it didnt save right and I am to lazy to redo it = )

Extract both files in. steam/steamapps/common/dead island/

should look like.

steam/steamapps/common/dead island/d3d9.dll

steam/steamapps/common/dead island/shaderoverride

looking good so far, but i still have some lighting glitches (strange halos around lights). Fire and smoke are rendered 2D only. Is there still a possibility to fix this? I would be very happy about it. Thanks /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

Posted 02/11/2012 05:32 PM   
@Flugan: I have just a clean wrapper somewhere, I'll try to find it.

@ALL:

This small tutorial required at least basic knowledges how GPU work. some of the basic knowledges can be found here http://developer.nvidia.com/node/76
I would recommend read official nvidia guide about how does 3D mode work here: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/whitepapers/2010/3D_Vision_Best_Practices_Guide.pdf

Basically to fix position of vertex we should have :
1. Depth information (w - component);
2. Separation and convergence (retrieved from display driver).

Based on Nvidia guide offset for x coordinate in "View space" can be calculated by this formula: Separation * (ObjectDepth(w component) - convergence) ,
so new coordinate will be calculated so : x = x + Separation * (ObjectDepth(w component) - convergence) where x is current coordinate in view space.
The main problem is access convergence and separation in a shader code.
We can't just pass these values via shader constants, because driver draws frame for second eye and we can't change constants (for determinate which eye currently drawing).
Nvidia bypass this problem with small hack, we should create texture write in this texture values for right and left eyes and pass this texture to shader(driver split data for left and right eyes).
This already done by DLL , so you shouldn't worry about it. I wrote it just for explanation.

All you need to retrieve values in shader is texture load data from sampler.

let's examine one of the example:

Source shader:
[quote]// Parameters:
//
// float4x4 g_WorldViewProj;
//
//
// Registers:
//
// Name Reg Size
// --------------- ----- ----
// g_WorldViewProj c0 4
//

vs_3_0
def c4, 1, 0, 0, 0
dcl_position v0
dcl_texcoord v1
dcl_position o0
dcl_texcoord o1.xy
mad r0, v0.xyzx, c4.xxxy, c4.yyyx
dp4 o0.x, r0, c0
dp4 o0.y, r0, c1
dp4 o0.z, r0, c2
dp4 o0.w, r0, c3
mov o1.xy, v1[/quote]

We need to fix output position "o0".
For this we should retrieve convergence/separetion values from stereo texture.
Stereo texture by default passes to s0 register for vertex and s13 for pixel shaders(you can change these registers in config).

First we need to add sampler declaration to this shader (s0 in this case): [b]dcl_2d s0[/b].
Now we should look up for values using texldl command , but before that add new constant which will be used as coordinates for texture and depth value.
Now our code should look like this:
[quote] vs_3_0
def c4, 1, 0, 0, 0
[b] def c220, 0.15, 0, 0.0625, 0// we're defining constant first parameter (x) is depth value, 3-d parameter coordinates for stereo texture(always the same).[/b]
dcl_position v0
dcl_texcoord v1
[b]dcl_2d s0[/b]// declaration of stereo texture sampler
dcl_position o0
dcl_texcoord o1.xy
dp4 [b]r3.x[/b], r0, c0//change output register for temporary register
dp4 [b]r3.y[/b], r0, c1//change output register for temporary register
dp4 [b]r3.z[/b], r0, c2//change output register for temporary register
dp4 [b]r3.w[/b], r0, c3//change output register for temporary register

[b]texldl r1, c220.z, s0[/b]// retrieve values from stereo texture

mov o1.xy, v1[/quote]

Now:

r1.x - Separation
r1.y - convergence

And finally we're correcting vertex position by using formula described above:
[quote] vs_3_0
def c4, 1, 0, 0, 0
[b] def c220, 0.15, 0, 0.0625, 0// we're define constant first parameter (x) is depth value, 3-d parameter coordinates for stereo texture(always the same).[/b]
dcl_position v0
dcl_texcoord v1
[b]dcl_2d s0[/b]// declaration of stereo texture sampler
dcl_position o0
dcl_texcoord o1.xy
dp4 [b]r3.x[/b], r0, c0//change output register for temporary register
dp4 [b]r3.y[/b], r0, c1//change output register for temporary register
dp4 [b]r3.z[/b], r0, c2//change output register for temporary register
dp4 [b]r3.w[/b], r0, c3//change output register for temporary register

[b]texldl r1, c220.z, s0[/b]// retrieve values from stereo texture
// as we just moving hud at constant depth we don't need convergence here (ObjectDepth(w component) - convergence) = c220.x
[b]mul r1.x, r1.x, -c220.x[/b]// multiplicity Separation * c220.x
[b]add r3.x, r3.x, -r1.x[/b]// correct output vertex position
[b]mov o0, r3[/b] // mov from temprary register to output

mov o1.xy, v1[/quote]

When the w component(vertex depth) isn't equal 1, you can use this code for position correction:
[quote] texldl r11, c200.z, s0
add r11.y, r0.w, -r11.y
mul r11.x, r11.x, r11.y
add r0.x, r0.x, r11.x[/quote]
where r0 contain current position of the vertex.

That's all for now , later i'll explain how to fix other issues.
Of course if some one still will be interested in that :)
@Flugan: I have just a clean wrapper somewhere, I'll try to find it.

@ALL:

This small tutorial required at least basic knowledges how GPU work. some of the basic knowledges can be found here http://developer.nvidia.com/node/76

I would recommend read official nvidia guide about how does 3D mode work here: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/whitepapers/2010/3D_Vision_Best_Practices_Guide.pdf

Basically to fix position of vertex we should have :

1. Depth information (w - component);

2. Separation and convergence (retrieved from display driver).

Based on Nvidia guide offset for x coordinate in "View space" can be calculated by this formula: Separation * (ObjectDepth(w component) - convergence) ,

so new coordinate will be calculated so : x = x + Separation * (ObjectDepth(w component) - convergence) where x is current coordinate in view space.

The main problem is access convergence and separation in a shader code.

We can't just pass these values via shader constants, because driver draws frame for second eye and we can't change constants (for determinate which eye currently drawing).

Nvidia bypass this problem with small hack, we should create texture write in this texture values for right and left eyes and pass this texture to shader(driver split data for left and right eyes).

This already done by DLL , so you shouldn't worry about it. I wrote it just for explanation.

All you need to retrieve values in shader is texture load data from sampler.

let's examine one of the example:

Source shader:

// Parameters:

//

// float4x4 g_WorldViewProj;

//

//

// Registers:

//

// Name Reg Size

// --------------- ----- ----

// g_WorldViewProj c0 4

//

vs_3_0

def c4, 1, 0, 0, 0

dcl_position v0

dcl_texcoord v1

dcl_position o0

dcl_texcoord o1.xy

dp4 o0.x, r0, c0

dp4 o0.y, r0, c1

dp4 o0.z, r0, c2

dp4 o0.w, r0, c3

mov o1.xy, v1

We need to fix output position "o0".

For this we should retrieve convergence/separetion values from stereo texture.

Stereo texture by default passes to s0 register for vertex and s13 for pixel shaders(you can change these registers in config).

First we need to add sampler declaration to this shader (s0 in this case): dcl_2d s0.

Now we should look up for values using texldl command , but before that add new constant which will be used as coordinates for texture and depth value.

Now our code should look like this:

vs_3_0

def c4, 1, 0, 0, 0

def c220, 0.15, 0, 0.0625, 0// we're defining constant first parameter (x) is depth value, 3-d parameter coordinates for stereo texture(always the same).

dcl_position v0

dcl_texcoord v1

dcl_2d s0// declaration of stereo texture sampler

dcl_position o0

dcl_texcoord o1.xy

dp4 r3.x, r0, c0//change output register for temporary register

dp4 r3.y, r0, c1//change output register for temporary register

dp4 r3.z, r0, c2//change output register for temporary register

dp4 r3.w, r0, c3//change output register for temporary register

texldl r1, c220.z, s0// retrieve values from stereo texture

mov o1.xy, v1

Now:

r1.x - Separation

r1.y - convergence

And finally we're correcting vertex position by using formula described above:

vs_3_0

def c4, 1, 0, 0, 0

def c220, 0.15, 0, 0.0625, 0// we're define constant first parameter (x) is depth value, 3-d parameter coordinates for stereo texture(always the same).

dcl_position v0

dcl_texcoord v1

dcl_2d s0// declaration of stereo texture sampler

dcl_position o0

dcl_texcoord o1.xy

dp4 r3.x, r0, c0//change output register for temporary register

dp4 r3.y, r0, c1//change output register for temporary register

dp4 r3.z, r0, c2//change output register for temporary register

dp4 r3.w, r0, c3//change output register for temporary register

texldl r1, c220.z, s0// retrieve values from stereo texture

// as we just moving hud at constant depth we don't need convergence here (ObjectDepth(w component) - convergence) = c220.x

mul r1.x, r1.x, -c220.x// multiplicity Separation * c220.x

add r3.x, r3.x, -r1.x// correct output vertex position

mov o0, r3 // mov from temprary register to output

mov o1.xy, v1

When the w component(vertex depth) isn't equal 1, you can use this code for position correction:

texldl r11, c200.z, s0

add r11.y, r0.w, -r11.y

mul r11.x, r11.x, r11.y

add r0.x, r0.x, r11.x

where r0 contain current position of the vertex.

That's all for now , later i'll explain how to fix other issues.

Of course if some one still will be interested in that :)

Posted 02/11/2012 06:22 PM   
[quote name='eqzitara' date='07 February 2012 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1328640537' post='1366515']
Dungeon Defenders fix
Man was this game TERRIBLE in 3d. Wierd lines showing around all objects, wierd light orbs, shadows displaying very oddly. All gone. This went from completely unplayable to good. Attached are before and after pics. Follow installation directions extract both zips in win32 directory.

steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/binaries/win32/d3d9.dll
steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/binaries/win32/shaderoverride/

http://helixmod.wikispot.org/
As always 99.99999% credit goes to helix.

PS If anyone wants to run debug and see if they can fix anything else feel free. Just post the new files here and let me know via pm.
Those pictures really came out bad for some reason... Looks better ingame.
[/quote]
omg I'm going to cry

It looks so good, but doesn't let me online. They think its a hack. BOOO.
[quote name='eqzitara' date='07 February 2012 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1328640537' post='1366515']

Dungeon Defenders fix

Man was this game TERRIBLE in 3d. Wierd lines showing around all objects, wierd light orbs, shadows displaying very oddly. All gone. This went from completely unplayable to good. Attached are before and after pics. Follow installation directions extract both zips in win32 directory.

steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/binaries/win32/d3d9.dll

steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/binaries/win32/shaderoverride/

http://helixmod.wikispot.org/

As always 99.99999% credit goes to helix.

PS If anyone wants to run debug and see if they can fix anything else feel free. Just post the new files here and let me know via pm.

Those pictures really came out bad for some reason... Looks better ingame.

omg I'm going to cry

It looks so good, but doesn't let me online. They think its a hack. BOOO.

Posted 02/11/2012 06:28 PM   
[quote name='-=HeliX=-' date='11 February 2012 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1328984549' post='1368167']

@ALL:

Half Chinese words/ Half Ancient Egypt words ... bla bla bla

[/quote]

Interesting, i was looking other forums/tuts from 1 day ago non stop, trying to figure out for my self with no luck. thanks for tutorial. Will try to apply somehow to X3 games starfield/HUD. Wish me luck. You are a REVOLUTION on stereoscopic bugs, not only "giving us fishes, just showing us how to fish" xD. Keep that great work !
[quote name='-=HeliX=-' date='11 February 2012 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1328984549' post='1368167']

@ALL:

Half Chinese words/ Half Ancient Egypt words ... bla bla bla

Interesting, i was looking other forums/tuts from 1 day ago non stop, trying to figure out for my self with no luck. thanks for tutorial. Will try to apply somehow to X3 games starfield/HUD. Wish me luck. You are a REVOLUTION on stereoscopic bugs, not only "giving us fishes, just showing us how to fish" xD. Keep that great work !

Posted 02/11/2012 07:09 PM   
Thanks a ton for that tutorial Helix, it helps clear up a lot of my questions. I'll see if I can get any results with it in Skyrim. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />
Thanks a ton for that tutorial Helix, it helps clear up a lot of my questions. I'll see if I can get any results with it in Skyrim. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 5930K @4.5GHz | Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5 | Win10 x64 Pro | Corsair H105
Nvidia GeForce Titan X SLI Hybrid | ROG Swift PG278Q 144Hz + 3D Vision/G-Sync | 32GB Adata DDR4 2666
Intel Samsung 950Pro SSD | Samsung EVO 4x1 RAID 0 |
Yamaha VX-677 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G710/G502/G27 | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA P2-1200W

Posted 02/11/2012 07:37 PM   
[quote name='SamLombardo' date='11 February 2012 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1328981553' post='1368146']
[/quote]
Tbh I didnt even know of those issues(Walked around in game for like 2 mins). I will probably look at it again on monday.
[quote name='SamLombardo' date='11 February 2012 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1328981553' post='1368146']

Tbh I didnt even know of those issues(Walked around in game for like 2 mins). I will probably look at it again on monday.

Co-founder of helixmod.blog.com

If you like one of my helixmod patches and want to donate. Can send to me through paypal - eqzitara@yahoo.com

Posted 02/11/2012 09:53 PM   
[quote name='chiz' date='11 February 2012 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1328989033' post='1368191']
[/quote]

It would be cool if somehow the water refraction could be fixed so that we can still use it in 3D without having to make the water opaque.
[quote name='chiz' date='11 February 2012 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1328989033' post='1368191']

It would be cool if somehow the water refraction could be fixed so that we can still use it in 3D without having to make the water opaque.

Posted 02/11/2012 09:58 PM   
[quote name='Arioch' date='11 February 2012 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1328997480' post='1368221']
[/quote]

Yeah, I practically NEED clear water. I'm too much of a snoop when I play open-world games, so I notice even the smallest of details that people would normally not even acknowledge. Not having the tranquility of clear water is just too annoying for me.
[quote name='Arioch' date='11 February 2012 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1328997480' post='1368221']

Yeah, I practically NEED clear water. I'm too much of a snoop when I play open-world games, so I notice even the smallest of details that people would normally not even acknowledge. Not having the tranquility of clear water is just too annoying for me.

Posted 02/11/2012 10:19 PM   
I've had some preliminary results with pushing Skyrim's UI to 3D that are encouraging, however I keep running into the same wall. After the first load, the UI no longer renders in 3D. I don't know what the problem is here, I suspect its Nvidia's 3D driver drawing those screen elements to a flat 2D texture as looking in a lot of the Pixel Shader dumps its just 2D draw calls but referencing stereo textures. There's also a strange overlay of the dumper's shader info blown up a bit, again making me think there's an extra 2D rendering layer on top of everything.

Really hoping Helix can provide some insight here, but the early results are VERY promising so thanks again for the tutorial. You can see my early results below:

http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/chizow/album/4f36e75a3785015014000004/

disregard, found workaround!
[s][b]@Helix[/b] : does your sample code also work for PS that don't have even the basic dp4 calls for x,y,z,w? Attached some example pixel shaders below:[/s]

I was also able to port Boris' ENB Moon fixes to your mod by finding his shader and copying his code to the correct CRC using your mod. I just don't understand why the 2D to 3D vertex shader mods aren't sticking in the world viewport once I load up a savegame while the Moon fixes work fine.

[/quote]
I don't know if I'll be able to fix this as even a true shader guru like Boris just ended up blanking these out while he did fix the moon/star/sky etc. Maybe Helix could but for my part, I'm really just reperforming the steps he laid out and hoping it works (it has pretty well so far lol). Since we have suitable working fixes for the water, sky/moon/stars, I'm going to focus on trying to get the HUD/UI to 3D as that's what bothers me the most right now with Skyrim, then work on getting the map either at screen depth or the icons to map object depth.
I've had some preliminary results with pushing Skyrim's UI to 3D that are encouraging, however I keep running into the same wall. After the first load, the UI no longer renders in 3D. I don't know what the problem is here, I suspect its Nvidia's 3D driver drawing those screen elements to a flat 2D texture as looking in a lot of the Pixel Shader dumps its just 2D draw calls but referencing stereo textures. There's also a strange overlay of the dumper's shader info blown up a bit, again making me think there's an extra 2D rendering layer on top of everything.

Really hoping Helix can provide some insight here, but the early results are VERY promising so thanks again for the tutorial. You can see my early results below:

http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/chizow/album/4f36e75a3785015014000004/

disregard, found workaround!

@Helix : does your sample code also work for PS that don't have even the basic dp4 calls for x,y,z,w? Attached some example pixel shaders below:

I was also able to port Boris' ENB Moon fixes to your mod by finding his shader and copying his code to the correct CRC using your mod. I just don't understand why the 2D to 3D vertex shader mods aren't sticking in the world viewport once I load up a savegame while the Moon fixes work fine.

I don't know if I'll be able to fix this as even a true shader guru like Boris just ended up blanking these out while he did fix the moon/star/sky etc. Maybe Helix could but for my part, I'm really just reperforming the steps he laid out and hoping it works (it has pretty well so far lol). Since we have suitable working fixes for the water, sky/moon/stars, I'm going to focus on trying to get the HUD/UI to 3D as that's what bothers me the most right now with Skyrim, then work on getting the map either at screen depth or the icons to map object depth.

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 5930K @4.5GHz | Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5 | Win10 x64 Pro | Corsair H105
Nvidia GeForce Titan X SLI Hybrid | ROG Swift PG278Q 144Hz + 3D Vision/G-Sync | 32GB Adata DDR4 2666
Intel Samsung 950Pro SSD | Samsung EVO 4x1 RAID 0 |
Yamaha VX-677 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G710/G502/G27 | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA P2-1200W

Posted 02/11/2012 10:20 PM   
You're right chiz - the map does drive me nuts but I guess I got used to it!

Any reason why this thread is not stickied yet?! Something like the Deus Ex thread could get unstickied at this point.
You're right chiz - the map does drive me nuts but I guess I got used to it!

Any reason why this thread is not stickied yet?! Something like the Deus Ex thread could get unstickied at this point.

Posted 02/11/2012 10:28 PM   
[quote name='eqzitara' date='11 February 2012 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1328997183' post='1368220']
[/quote]
I would be very grateful about it. Tanks in advance, Sam /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />
[quote name='eqzitara' date='11 February 2012 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1328997183' post='1368220']

I would be very grateful about it. Tanks in advance, Sam /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

Posted 02/11/2012 10:59 PM   
  10 / 166    
Scroll To Top