AMD TEMPS
my amd X4 Phenom 955 black edition was running hot at about 62 when idle and 70 odd under load i knew this was bad so i took off my stock cooler found my thermal paste was almost gone lol with i fixed and got it down to 43-45c when idle when gaming (bf3) it goes upto about 57c which i think is still high is it? and if so should i switch to sealed Water units i can get antec kuhler i think thats how it spelt or corsair h60.... or am i best sticing to fans my local shop has a deal on just now for Arctic Freezer 13 all opinions are appreciated :)
my amd X4 Phenom 955 black edition was running hot at about 62 when idle and 70 odd under load i knew this was bad so i took off my stock cooler found my thermal paste was almost gone lol with i fixed and got it down to 43-45c when idle when gaming (bf3) it goes upto about 57c which i think is still high is it? and if so should i switch to sealed Water units i can get antec kuhler i think thats how it spelt or corsair h60.... or am i best sticing to fans my local shop has a deal on just now for Arctic Freezer 13 all opinions are appreciated :)

Posted 02/04/2012 07:29 PM   
[quote name='Mark A' date='05 February 2012 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1328383762' post='1365161']
[/quote]
57 degrees under load with the stock cooler isn't anything to be worried about at all. That being said, an Antec Kuhler 620 or Corsair H60 would significantly reduce noise and heat levels as well as allowing you to achieve a decent overclock if you so desired.
[quote name='Mark A' date='05 February 2012 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1328383762' post='1365161']

57 degrees under load with the stock cooler isn't anything to be worried about at all. That being said, an Antec Kuhler 620 or Corsair H60 would significantly reduce noise and heat levels as well as allowing you to achieve a decent overclock if you so desired.

Posted 02/05/2012 12:42 PM   
thanks for respondin proffessor i really i didnt want to spend more money if i could get away with it from with from which youre saying is i can, my comp is a few years old me and dillweed have been discussing in another thread about a nice build i will be doing when i have saved the cash I7 2700k and such better mobo and ram for OC and such and ofc probally some pretty sweet gtx 590 this comp will go to my dad he never buys a new comp just waits for my old ones lol
thanks for respondin proffessor i really i didnt want to spend more money if i could get away with it from with from which youre saying is i can, my comp is a few years old me and dillweed have been discussing in another thread about a nice build i will be doing when i have saved the cash I7 2700k and such better mobo and ram for OC and such and ofc probally some pretty sweet gtx 590 this comp will go to my dad he never buys a new comp just waits for my old ones lol

Posted 02/05/2012 05:43 PM   
Scroll To Top