Fish Eye stretch in games having an issue with surround setup
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with my new surround setup. In games like SWTOR the side monitors i get a stretch. Also in crysis 2 i see major FPS drop which may be common just due to the resolution size. Below is my setup.

i7 960 3.2 GHZ
SLI GTX 570s
24 GB RAM
3 ASUS 21.6 inch monitors.

Any help would be great.

I also want my primary monitor to be my center and my screens in windows to not span the whole screen but i think i saw a forum post all ready saying that you can fix that yet lol.

Thanks guy,
Karg
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with my new surround setup. In games like SWTOR the side monitors i get a stretch. Also in crysis 2 i see major FPS drop which may be common just due to the resolution size. Below is my setup.

i7 960 3.2 GHZ

SLI GTX 570s

24 GB RAM

3 ASUS 21.6 inch monitors.

Any help would be great.

I also want my primary monitor to be my center and my screens in windows to not span the whole screen but i think i saw a forum post all ready saying that you can fix that yet lol.

Thanks guy,

Karg

Posted 02/03/2012 12:13 AM   
[quote name='tehpikachu' date='04 February 2012 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1328381869' post='1365152']
i had the stretch too, gonna check now man
[/quote]

Also, lets say I want to run my game on 1 Monitor while surround is still running. When i try to do this on my center monitor its stretched. I saw and article where they made there main monitor the center one which seemed to fix the issue so Im gonna try this later tonight. My cards are only 1.5gig (doesn't effect the problem im having) but i know this is to small to support the resolution im trying. Will post back with what i find.
[quote name='tehpikachu' date='04 February 2012 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1328381869' post='1365152']

i had the stretch too, gonna check now man

Also, lets say I want to run my game on 1 Monitor while surround is still running. When i try to do this on my center monitor its stretched. I saw and article where they made there main monitor the center one which seemed to fix the issue so Im gonna try this later tonight. My cards are only 1.5gig (doesn't effect the problem im having) but i know this is to small to support the resolution im trying. Will post back with what i find.

Posted 02/08/2012 05:58 PM   
Stretching of the side screens is normal it's an artifact of the projection used in games, it's been covered here before many time, the link below is to the Widescreen gaming forums, and explains what to expect.

[url="http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/7185/bars-between-screens-and-side-screen-distortion-please-read"]WSGF Sticky[/url]
Stretching of the side screens is normal it's an artifact of the projection used in games, it's been covered here before many time, the link below is to the Widescreen gaming forums, and explains what to expect.

WSGF Sticky
Posted 02/08/2012 07:35 PM   
[quote name='ERP' date='08 February 2012 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1328729732' post='1367004']

[url="http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/7185/bars-between-screens-and-side-screen-distortion-please-read"]WSGF Sticky[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
[quote name='ERP' date='08 February 2012 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1328729732' post='1367004']

WSGF Sticky

Thanks for the info.

Posted 02/08/2012 10:09 PM   
Scroll To Top