My new water cooling unit
My new water cooling unit that doesnt use water is uses liquid silicone suppied bt WilWood

This is the first water cooling computer I have build in a few year and I would like to know what you think.

The water block is a EK-Supreme HF Performance Nickle plated

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0153.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0151.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0007.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0009-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0008.jpg[/IMG]

the round tube is the resevior and the system holds a total of 1.5 liters
or about 38 oz in.

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0003.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0004.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/xleadsled/IMG_0010.jpg[/IMG]

These are the tematures of the video cards and room tempature is 22C

The radiators are CoolTherm duel core core 240mm (rear) The top is a
Coolgate triple 240mm core and the from is a XSPC triple core 360mm
CPU cn reach 30C if played for a few hours but has never been warmer.
It also has two water pumps and uses liquid silicone supplied by WilWood
thewy make brake prinarily for grag cars and for very high performance
street cars. The surprising thing is the liquid silicone works also most
as good as distilled water without the worry of leek because it does not
degade or transite electricity so leeks are a none issue and cleans just
as good as water if you happen to have a leak.I think it is the perfect coolant.
My new water cooling unit that doesnt use water is uses liquid silicone suppied bt WilWood

This is the first water cooling computer I have build in a few year and I would like to know what you think.

The water block is a EK-Supreme HF Performance Nickle plated

the round tube is the resevior and the system holds a total of 1.5 liters

or about 38 oz in.

These are the tematures of the video cards and room tempature is 22C

The radiators are CoolTherm duel core core 240mm (rear) The top is a

Coolgate triple 240mm core and the from is a XSPC triple core 360mm

CPU cn reach 30C if played for a few hours but has never been warmer.

It also has two water pumps and uses liquid silicone supplied by WilWood

thewy make brake prinarily for grag cars and for very high performance

street cars. The surprising thing is the liquid silicone works also most

as good as distilled water without the worry of leek because it does not

degade or transite electricity so leeks are a none issue and cleans just

as good as water if you happen to have a leak.I think it is the perfect coolant.

Posted 02/02/2012 08:00 PM   
you made a nice case ugly lol it's like you beat your df-85 with an ugly stick HARD lol. other then that the temps seems great. Looks like you got a 1980s hottub hooked up plumping wise tho from the copper tubing home job then poorly painted /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
you made a nice case ugly lol it's like you beat your df-85 with an ugly stick HARD lol. other then that the temps seems great. Looks like you got a 1980s hottub hooked up plumping wise tho from the copper tubing home job then poorly painted /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 02/02/2012 08:32 PM   
Interesting... (personally, I'd have left the copper tube bare)

I bet the flash doesn't do the paint justice (matt vs. shiney)

What's the silicone like to work with??
Interesting... (personally, I'd have left the copper tube bare)

I bet the flash doesn't do the paint justice (matt vs. shiney)

What's the silicone like to work with??

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 02/03/2012 02:40 AM   
/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' /> /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' /> /shock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shock:' /> /bloated.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':X' /> /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />
/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' /> /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' /> /shock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shock:' /> /bloated.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':X' /> /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Corsair C70 case, ASUS Sabertooth X58,Intel i7 970 6 core cpu, 24gigs Avant memory, PNY GTX 680 4GB, Corsair AX1200 psu with sleeved cables, Sound Blaster Z, 2 LG Blu-Ray, 2 Crucial M500 120GB SSD, 1 Seagate 500GB HDD, 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB HDD, Microsoft SideWinder X4 keyboard, Corsair M65 mouse, Xbox 360 controller, Logitech 5.1 speakers, LG 27" IPS LED monitor, 3 Noctua 120mm fans, 2 Noctua 140mm fans, 1 Noctua 92mm fan, Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO cpu cooler. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. GPU has a small overclock by me.

Posted 02/05/2012 04:09 AM   
These guys are being pretty harsh, lol

Maybe this is your first foray into something like custom PC building. But generally,

- If you're going to paint some part of a case, you should do the entire thing

- If duct or electrical tape is required, it probably isn't supposed to be done

- Don't put decals for a aftermarket brake pad company for tuning cars on a computer unless you're a pro builder going for a theme. In fact, you should never put decals on computer component ever. If it wasn't for the fact that you void the warranties, most of us would remove the stickers that come from the factory on components

Obviously there are no "rules" for building PC's. It's hobby, do whatever makes you happy. But, there are things you can follow to maintain an nice, presentable and aesthetically pleasing build.

Maybe this is your first foray into something like custom PC building. But generally,

- Don't put decals for a aftermarket brake pad company for tuning cars on a computer unless you're a pro builder going for a theme. In fact, you should never put decals on computer component ever. If it wasn't for the fact that you void the warranties, most of us would remove the stickers that come from the factory on components

Obviously there are no "rules" for building PC's. It's hobby, do whatever makes you happy. But, there are things you can follow to maintain an nice, presentable and aesthetically pleasing build.
[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='05 February 2012 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1328418259' post='1365325']

[/quote]
So in other words the overall look made you vomit abit in your mouth, but since your a nice guy you said it abit different lol /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='05 February 2012 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1328418259' post='1365325']

So in other words the overall look made you vomit abit in your mouth, but since your a nice guy you said it abit different lol /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 02/05/2012 03:02 PM   
[quote name='MontyQ' date='05 February 2012 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1328454143' post='1365444']
[/quote]

Well...it's not going to win any awards, but it may be something he is very proud of. Especially if he felt confident enough to show it off on these forums. Felt like he deserves some creative criticism.
[quote name='MontyQ' date='05 February 2012 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1328454143' post='1365444']

Well...it's not going to win any awards, but it may be something he is very proud of. Especially if he felt confident enough to show it off on these forums. Felt like he deserves some creative criticism.
Heedless_onEs, appproach would be what one would expect from a Canadian /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
Heedless_onEs, appproach would be what one would expect from a Canadian /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
Posted 02/05/2012 04:23 PM   
There's a few thing's i would have done different but he/she does have very decent temp's,much better than i imagined at first glance.

I guess this is where the saying,Pretty Is As Pretty Does fit's in.
There's a few thing's i would have done different but he/she does have very decent temp's,much better than i imagined at first glance.

Posted 02/05/2012 04:25 PM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='05 February 2012 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1328459030' post='1365474']
[/quote]

Canadians aren't as nice as people think. Get an Ontarian and a Quebecer in a room and ask them to discuss language laws and bilingualism and one of them won't make it out.

[size=2][quote name='Impatient' date='05 February 2012 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1328459116' post='1365475']

[/quote]

[/size][size=2]Yea. I would be careful using anything other then water though. Most pumps are not designed to push anything with a higher density then glycol. [/size]
[quote name='cravinmild' date='05 February 2012 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1328459030' post='1365474']

Canadians aren't as nice as people think. Get an Ontarian and a Quebecer in a room and ask them to discuss language laws and bilingualism and one of them won't make it out.

[quote name='Impatient' date='05 February 2012 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1328459116' post='1365475']

Yea. I would be careful using anything other then water though. Most pumps are not designed to push anything with a higher density then glycol.
Scroll To Top