DVI-D to DVI-I to VGA
Please excuse me if I posted this in the incorrect forum.

I have a Dell nVIDIA Quadro FX FX1400 (?) aka Dell P260 card. The Video card has a 2 DVI-I (24+5) connections. I am trying to connect to a Dell 2005FPW wide screen monitor and a TCL 40 HDTV to the card in a "clone" mode so each monitor shows the same display.

(1) The Dell Monitor has a DVI-D (24+1) plus a VGA connection. I wanted to connect to the DVI-D so I would be digital. I cannot find a cable that has a DVI-I on one end and a DVI-D on the other end. Should I connect to the VGA? Will I loose quality? Or should I get an adapter?

(2) The HDTV has HDMI and VGA ports. Again do I lose quality by using the VGA port or should I get a DVI-I to HDMI adapter and use the HDMI port.?

ANY suggestion will be welcome.
Please excuse me if I posted this in the incorrect forum.

I have a Dell nVIDIA Quadro FX FX1400 (?) aka Dell P260 card. The Video card has a 2 DVI-I (24+5) connections. I am trying to connect to a Dell 2005FPW wide screen monitor and a TCL 40 HDTV to the card in a "clone" mode so each monitor shows the same display.

(1) The Dell Monitor has a DVI-D (24+1) plus a VGA connection. I wanted to connect to the DVI-D so I would be digital. I cannot find a cable that has a DVI-I on one end and a DVI-D on the other end. Should I connect to the VGA? Will I loose quality? Or should I get an adapter?

(2) The HDTV has HDMI and VGA ports. Again do I lose quality by using the VGA port or should I get a DVI-I to HDMI adapter and use the HDMI port.?

ANY suggestion will be welcome.

Posted 02/01/2012 10:56 PM   
Scroll To Top