3d Vision and Samsung Synmaster S23A700D
  1 / 2    
I am using 3D Vision since a long time (2-3 years?). Now I bought the new glasses and a Full HD 120 MHz display.
The new glasses are working perfectly but the new display is not accepted. I know that it should technically work - the display is able to show 120 pictures per seconds (the desktop is doing so) and I have the 3D Vision Kit (sender and glasses).
I checked the internet and I can't believe it. Do I really have to buy an AMD display card to use 3D on my new display Even if I already paid for the 3D Vision Kit? The samsung has his own glasses but I did not intend to use them.

Is there a way to use my Samsung with 3d Gaming? I would like to upgrade to the GTX 560TI and not to AMD 6950 even if AMD is cheaper.

I am waiting for your suggestions :)

I checked the FAQs but there is no useful informations regarding my problem

/Harti
I am using 3D Vision since a long time (2-3 years?). Now I bought the new glasses and a Full HD 120 MHz display.

The new glasses are working perfectly but the new display is not accepted. I know that it should technically work - the display is able to show 120 pictures per seconds (the desktop is doing so) and I have the 3D Vision Kit (sender and glasses).

I checked the internet and I can't believe it. Do I really have to buy an AMD display card to use 3D on my new display Even if I already paid for the 3D Vision Kit? The samsung has his own glasses but I did not intend to use them.

Is there a way to use my Samsung with 3d Gaming? I would like to upgrade to the GTX 560TI and not to AMD 6950 even if AMD is cheaper.

I am waiting for your suggestions :)

I checked the FAQs but there is no useful informations regarding my problem

/Harti

Posted 02/01/2012 05:32 PM   
Sadly, there's no decent way to get 3D Vision working on that monitor. It's not officially supported with either NVIDIA 3D Vision or 3DTV Play.
Sadly, there's no decent way to get 3D Vision working on that monitor. It's not officially supported with either NVIDIA 3D Vision or 3DTV Play.

Posted 02/01/2012 07:43 PM   
Hey Harti!

3D Vision does work on your Samsung. All you need is Nvidia Driver 285.79 (the newer ones do not work).
Let it run through the 3D Vision Setup Wizard and choose Generic CRT-Display mode within the driver control panel.
You should now be able to use 3D Vision just like everyone else. Press CTRL-T in the game to enable 3D Vision and on your monitor's OSD select 3D Mode Frame Sequentiell. Your glasses should now fire up and you should be able to see in 3D (make sure to use your Samsung glasses, not the 3D Vision ones). You can adjust the depth on the jogweehl of your 3D Vision "pyramid" or by pressing CTRL+F3/F4.
If you are getting a weird image, change the the 3D to R/L instead of L/R on your monitors OSD or (if your lazy like me), press CTRL-T a couple of times till it suits you.
Here's another tip to decrease a little bit of ghosting while in 3D: On your monitors OSD (while out of 3D-Mode i.e. your Desktop), on menu "Picture"-Settings, go to "Response Time" and make sure to switch it to "Normal".

Hope that works for you!

Oh, and by the way - there are plenty of other threads mentioning your monitor with work-arounds and "how to's", such as the SA950 (which are almost identical to yours as far as I know)
Just have a look around :)
Hey Harti!

3D Vision does work on your Samsung. All you need is Nvidia Driver 285.79 (the newer ones do not work).

Let it run through the 3D Vision Setup Wizard and choose Generic CRT-Display mode within the driver control panel.

You should now be able to use 3D Vision just like everyone else. Press CTRL-T in the game to enable 3D Vision and on your monitor's OSD select 3D Mode Frame Sequentiell. Your glasses should now fire up and you should be able to see in 3D (make sure to use your Samsung glasses, not the 3D Vision ones). You can adjust the depth on the jogweehl of your 3D Vision "pyramid" or by pressing CTRL+F3/F4.

If you are getting a weird image, change the the 3D to R/L instead of L/R on your monitors OSD or (if your lazy like me), press CTRL-T a couple of times till it suits you.

Here's another tip to decrease a little bit of ghosting while in 3D: On your monitors OSD (while out of 3D-Mode i.e. your Desktop), on menu "Picture"-Settings, go to "Response Time" and make sure to switch it to "Normal".

Hope that works for you!

Oh, and by the way - there are plenty of other threads mentioning your monitor with work-arounds and "how to's", such as the SA950 (which are almost identical to yours as far as I know)

You may clip our wings but we will never forget how it was like to fly

Alienware Area-51 - Intel i7 960 3,2 Ghz @ 4,1~ Ghz - 1200W PSU - 12 GB Ram - Nvidia GTX 590

OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB & Samsung 830 128 GB SSD - Samsung SA950 27" (3D-Vision Mod) - Razer Black Widow 2013 - Razer Ouroboros

Creative X-Fi Titanium - Asus Xonar Essence One - Logitech Z-5500, Sennheiser HD 800

Posted 02/01/2012 08:25 PM   
I'll PM you later, there's also another way to make your monitor work with newer Nvidia drivers. This trick that Kenion has mentioned is really good but it no longer works for newer beta drivers, just 285.62. But don't worry, there are workarounds for that. I'll let uou know....
I've also bought a Samsung monitor S27A950D, but it hasn't arrived ye since I ordered it from America and I'm in Brazil, maybe next week it will be here. I've doing extensive searchs in the web to make this monitor 3D Vision Ready. It's a pity that the best 120hz monitors out there, the only ones with beautiful glossy screens, are not 3D Vision Ready. That's so lame!!!!! I hate matte screens.
I'll PM you later, there's also another way to make your monitor work with newer Nvidia drivers. This trick that Kenion has mentioned is really good but it no longer works for newer beta drivers, just 285.62. But don't worry, there are workarounds for that. I'll let uou know....

I've also bought a Samsung monitor S27A950D, but it hasn't arrived ye since I ordered it from America and I'm in Brazil, maybe next week it will be here. I've doing extensive searchs in the web to make this monitor 3D Vision Ready. It's a pity that the best 120hz monitors out there, the only ones with beautiful glossy screens, are not 3D Vision Ready. That's so lame!!!!! I hate matte screens.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 02/01/2012 08:58 PM   
[quote name='francomg' date='01 February 2012 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1328129884' post='1363821']
[/quote]

Hey francomg!

Thank you for the input. I received your PM. Sadly, I'm in a hurry right now but we will definately stay in touch via PM. Probably later today - I'm excited to try that out!
[quote name='francomg' date='01 February 2012 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1328129884' post='1363821']

Hey francomg!

Thank you for the input. I received your PM. Sadly, I'm in a hurry right now but we will definately stay in touch via PM. Probably later today - I'm excited to try that out!

You may clip our wings but we will never forget how it was like to fly

Alienware Area-51 - Intel i7 960 3,2 Ghz @ 4,1~ Ghz - 1200W PSU - 12 GB Ram - Nvidia GTX 590

OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB & Samsung 830 128 GB SSD - Samsung SA950 27" (3D-Vision Mod) - Razer Black Widow 2013 - Razer Ouroboros

Creative X-Fi Titanium - Asus Xonar Essence One - Logitech Z-5500, Sennheiser HD 800

Posted 02/01/2012 09:14 PM   
I've sent you another PM, let me know about your results.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 02/02/2012 02:18 PM   
[quote name='francomg' date='02 February 2012 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1328192300' post='1364136']
[/quote]

I'm also interested to know what you guys came up with because I am looking for the same setup.
[quote name='francomg' date='02 February 2012 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1328192300' post='1364136']

I'm also interested to know what you guys came up with because I am looking for the same setup.

Posted 02/03/2012 05:51 PM   
[quote name='patweb' date='03 February 2012 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1328291465' post='1364749']
[/quote]

Me too. I just ordered that monitor. I have Geforce GTX 460 SOC, and I would be sad if I had to change to Radeon because of this :( So I would like to get to know few things;

- I think Tridef will be a piece of crap. Will it even work with Nvidia GPU:s?
- How to get 3D Vision working with this monitor? I'm ready to do anything. If it wont work -> I will throw the monitor to the wall.
- I know I can get it to work with 3D TV Play with HDMI(1080p 48hz/24Hz per eye / 720p 120Hz/60Hz per eye), but will it work 1080p 120Hz with DVI dual link?

and sorry for my bad english. I'm finnish.
[quote name='patweb' date='03 February 2012 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1328291465' post='1364749']

Me too. I just ordered that monitor. I have Geforce GTX 460 SOC, and I would be sad if I had to change to Radeon because of this :( So I would like to get to know few things;

- I think Tridef will be a piece of crap. Will it even work with Nvidia GPU:s?

- How to get 3D Vision working with this monitor? I'm ready to do anything. If it wont work -> I will throw the monitor to the wall.

- I know I can get it to work with 3D TV Play with HDMI(1080p 48hz/24Hz per eye / 720p 120Hz/60Hz per eye), but will it work 1080p 120Hz with DVI dual link?

and sorry for my bad english. I'm finnish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mah computer :3

AMD 965be(3,9Ghz minor oc), Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC, Asrock 890gx Extreme4,

8Gb DDR3 1400Mhz, 120Gb OCZ Agility 3, 2 x WD CaviarGreen 1TB,

Corsair 650W PSU and Antec Three Hundred stuffed full with fans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 02/03/2012 08:09 PM   
[/quote]

Hey man,

Please please please, can you let me know how to do this? I am just after buying the 3D kit and I am afraid to revert to older drivers due to Battlefield 3.

Would really appreciate any help?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hey man,

Please please please, can you let me know how to do this? I am just after buying the 3D kit and I am afraid to revert to older drivers due to Battlefield 3.

Would really appreciate any help?

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted 02/09/2012 10:27 PM   
Hey man,

I decided to give this a try. One step I would add with this, is to skip through the tests for the 3D content. I thought as these weren't working that the 3D would not work, but it does!! Legend man.

Thanks a million,

Paul.

[quote name='kenion' date='01 February 2012 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1328127902' post='1363804']
Hey Harti!

Hope that works for you!

[/quote]
Hey man,

I decided to give this a try. One step I would add with this, is to skip through the tests for the 3D content. I thought as these weren't working that the 3D would not work, but it does!! Legend man.

Thanks a million,

Paul.

[quote name='kenion' date='01 February 2012 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1328127902' post='1363804']

Hey Harti!

Hope that works for you!

Posted 02/09/2012 10:35 PM   
Crap. I spoke too soon. It doesn't work for Battlefield 3? :(

(Tried reverse eye, it shows the usual 3D blur but it's like it is out of Sync). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul.
Crap. I spoke too soon. It doesn't work for Battlefield 3? :(

(Tried reverse eye, it shows the usual 3D blur but it's like it is out of Sync). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul.

Posted 02/09/2012 10:46 PM   
My S27A950D has arrived today and I will run some tests using drivers 285.62 with 3D Vision games like COD MW3, BF3 and Batman AC. I'll let you guys know about the results I'll get. We all have the Samsung monitors, so if it works for me it will work for you. One thing, at least we all happy using a beautiful monitor with an awesome glossy screen that produces amazing colours and deep blacks unlike all those 3D Vision Ready monitors and their ugly matte screens with heavy anti glare coating. I'm sick of these screens and that washed out colours look.
My S27A950D has arrived today and I will run some tests using drivers 285.62 with 3D Vision games like COD MW3, BF3 and Batman AC. I'll let you guys know about the results I'll get. We all have the Samsung monitors, so if it works for me it will work for you. One thing, at least we all happy using a beautiful monitor with an awesome glossy screen that produces amazing colours and deep blacks unlike all those 3D Vision Ready monitors and their ugly matte screens with heavy anti glare coating. I'm sick of these screens and that washed out colours look.

Posted 02/10/2012 01:52 PM   
Cheers man. I have got it working for about 10 seconds. When running the test from the nVidia control panel if I sit far back from the screen, the debt 3D is amazing! Goes about 4 metres into my screen. Problem is, when it starts to come out of the screen it goes into a double image. This has to be settings related but I can't figure it.

No games work. I have got a 3D image displaying but when I turn on the glasses, the dual images move further apart instead of becoming one. I have tried reversing eye order. This has to be settings related.

Any additions to this?

By the way, nice setup francomg. This is mine:

40 inch Philips HD TV and Samsung Syncmaster SA 950 27 inch monitor, hooked up to:
Intel Core i7 2600K Unlocked (4 x 3.4 GHz) 8MB Over clocked to 4.4GHz
Asus P8P67 (Intel P67) - B3
Cooler Master 750W PSU - Low Noise
Corsair Hydro Series H60 (Advanced Liquid Cooling)
60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SandForce 2281, Read 525MB/s, Write 475MB/s, 50K IOPS
Silverstone Raven (RV01B-W) V2 Black
500G Western Digital WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue SATA 6Gbps 7200rpm 16Gb Cache
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (4x4GB) -
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 OC - 2.5 GB - (POV) (PCI-E)
LG (CH10LS20) 10x Blu-Ray Reader & 16x Dual Layer DVD +/- RW Writer - Black (SATA)
Razer Lycosa Keyboard.
Logitech Surround sound.
Western Digital 2TB external hard drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUjS6-2b-eI&list=UU4aEsJRKE8ZoVPzD7hf5T0g&index=2&feature=plcp

Thanks,

Paul.
Cheers man. I have got it working for about 10 seconds. When running the test from the nVidia control panel if I sit far back from the screen, the debt 3D is amazing! Goes about 4 metres into my screen. Problem is, when it starts to come out of the screen it goes into a double image. This has to be settings related but I can't figure it.

No games work. I have got a 3D image displaying but when I turn on the glasses, the dual images move further apart instead of becoming one. I have tried reversing eye order. This has to be settings related.

Any additions to this?

By the way, nice setup francomg. This is mine:

40 inch Philips HD TV and Samsung Syncmaster SA 950 27 inch monitor, hooked up to:

Intel Core i7 2600K Unlocked (4 x 3.4 GHz) 8MB Over clocked to 4.4GHz

Asus P8P67 (Intel P67) - B3

Cooler Master 750W PSU - Low Noise

Corsair Hydro Series H60 (Advanced Liquid Cooling)

60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SandForce 2281, Read 525MB/s, Write 475MB/s, 50K IOPS

Silverstone Raven (RV01B-W) V2 Black

500G Western Digital WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue SATA 6Gbps 7200rpm 16Gb Cache

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (4x4GB) -

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 OC - 2.5 GB - (POV) (PCI-E)

LG (CH10LS20) 10x Blu-Ray Reader & 16x Dual Layer DVD +/- RW Writer - Black (SATA)

Razer Lycosa Keyboard.

Logitech Surround sound.

Western Digital 2TB external hard drive.

/>

Thanks,

Paul.

Posted 02/10/2012 06:28 PM   
I've tried my S27A950D with drivers 285.62 and using Generic CRT mode and it works like a charm with 3DVision. Ignore the Setup Wizard, just go to the NCP and select Generic CRT mode. I didn't have to go through the Wizard setup, I just installed the monitor and found the Generic CRT mode available in the Nvidia control panel, so just selecyt it and apply.

I've tried Batman Arkham City, Crysis 2, Battefied 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 and thye all look wonderfull with this Samsung monitor, 3D is very bright with this monitor and there's almost zero ghosting, definatelly far superior 3D quality compared to my old Alienware AW2310 120hz display.

make sure to set response time to normal to avoid ghosting using the monitor menu keys, This must be done in 2D mode before enabling 3D. Always use the Samsung glasses, you do need the Nvidia emitter as a hardware dongle, but you can't use 3D Vision glasses. Samsung glasses are Bluetooth, rock solid link and much more confortable and lighter than 3DV glasses. After you start a game you must manually enable frame sequential 3D mode and if you see a weired 3D effect, just swap sides using the monitor L/R change, then you get perfect 3D. This monitor has an amazing 3D quality like I've never seen before and the ghosting level is quite good.

Make sure to use drivers 285.62 WHQL, not the new beta drives otherwise you won't get Generic CRT mode. Nvidia doesn't want us using this monitor, as they already realized Samsung works perfectly with 3D Vision, but they want you to get a inferior monitor like Asus or Acer and their ugly matte screens. They don't care if we're using Nvidia drivers, Nvidia cards and Nvidia 3D Vision kit, we also must buy 3D Vision ready monitors, that's so unfare....
What kick in the face Nvidia just threw me by ditching CRT mode.
I've tried my S27A950D with drivers 285.62 and using Generic CRT mode and it works like a charm with 3DVision. Ignore the Setup Wizard, just go to the NCP and select Generic CRT mode. I didn't have to go through the Wizard setup, I just installed the monitor and found the Generic CRT mode available in the Nvidia control panel, so just selecyt it and apply.

I've tried Batman Arkham City, Crysis 2, Battefied 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 and thye all look wonderfull with this Samsung monitor, 3D is very bright with this monitor and there's almost zero ghosting, definatelly far superior 3D quality compared to my old Alienware AW2310 120hz display.

make sure to set response time to normal to avoid ghosting using the monitor menu keys, This must be done in 2D mode before enabling 3D. Always use the Samsung glasses, you do need the Nvidia emitter as a hardware dongle, but you can't use 3D Vision glasses. Samsung glasses are Bluetooth, rock solid link and much more confortable and lighter than 3DV glasses. After you start a game you must manually enable frame sequential 3D mode and if you see a weired 3D effect, just swap sides using the monitor L/R change, then you get perfect 3D. This monitor has an amazing 3D quality like I've never seen before and the ghosting level is quite good.

Make sure to use drivers 285.62 WHQL, not the new beta drives otherwise you won't get Generic CRT mode. Nvidia doesn't want us using this monitor, as they already realized Samsung works perfectly with 3D Vision, but they want you to get a inferior monitor like Asus or Acer and their ugly matte screens. They don't care if we're using Nvidia drivers, Nvidia cards and Nvidia 3D Vision kit, we also must buy 3D Vision ready monitors, that's so unfare....

What kick in the face Nvidia just threw me by ditching CRT mode.

Posted 02/14/2012 12:34 AM   
Ok what am I doing wrong? I have got a little further this time. Now when I view the slideshow at the end of the install 3D is perfect. When I run the 3D test in the nVidia control panel 3D is perfect, but when I run it on any game/picture it does not sync up. I have tried ctrl t? This has to be settings?
Ok what am I doing wrong? I have got a little further this time. Now when I view the slideshow at the end of the install 3D is perfect. When I run the 3D test in the nVidia control panel 3D is perfect, but when I run it on any game/picture it does not sync up. I have tried ctrl t? This has to be settings?

Posted 02/14/2012 08:30 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top