NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver problem?
  1 / 2    
I recently have had an issue with my display driver, about a week ago I was watching some youtube videos when my screen turned black for about 1 second and then I received an error message from the windows error message center that said 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' and underneath it said 'Display driver NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver, version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' After several restarts and other random acts to try and fix it I got a blue screen and my PC turned off. After turning it back on I tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers for my card which worked just fine...until 5 minutes ago when the same problem happened under the same circumstances.

Other symptoms are that I have four rectangular areas on my screen that are continuously flashing blankly and for no reason, and when opening games the screen becomes very pixelated and occasionally the game crashes.

Is there a known cause of this and/or permanent solutions? Any help that anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Ohter PC Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 CPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

If other information is needed please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
I recently have had an issue with my display driver, about a week ago I was watching some youtube videos when my screen turned black for about 1 second and then I received an error message from the windows error message center that said 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' and underneath it said 'Display driver NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver, version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' After several restarts and other random acts to try and fix it I got a blue screen and my PC turned off. After turning it back on I tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers for my card which worked just fine...until 5 minutes ago when the same problem happened under the same circumstances.

Other symptoms are that I have four rectangular areas on my screen that are continuously flashing blankly and for no reason, and when opening games the screen becomes very pixelated and occasionally the game crashes.

Is there a known cause of this and/or permanent solutions? Any help that anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Ohter PC Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel Core i5 CPU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

If other information is needed please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Posted 01/31/2012 03:39 AM   
I am getting this so regularly it is becoming a REAL ANNOYANCE. I even changed my power supply thinking it might have been that, but no, it is crashing more and more. I am going to try now to revert drivers to one of about a year old, it 'might' work.

I am on a quad core HP Pavilion with a GTS 450 video card. Nvidia obviously have a problem but they appear to be ignoring it.
I am getting this so regularly it is becoming a REAL ANNOYANCE. I even changed my power supply thinking it might have been that, but no, it is crashing more and more. I am going to try now to revert drivers to one of about a year old, it 'might' work.

I am on a quad core HP Pavilion with a GTS 450 video card. Nvidia obviously have a problem but they appear to be ignoring it.

Posted 02/01/2012 07:13 PM   
lol this problem i have to ive installed windows 32 bits..

The problem stil persist..

Nvidia wont make stable drivers ive been checking the whole internet for a sollution none of them work

You'll just have to wait untill nvidia brings some good drivers

lol this problem i have to ive installed windows 32 bits..

The problem stil persist..

Nvidia wont make stable drivers ive been checking the whole internet for a sollution none of them work

You'll just have to wait untill nvidia brings some good drivers

Posted 02/02/2012 12:51 PM   
and nvidia continue to maintain an un healthy silence in this, their own forum. An update would be appreciated.
and nvidia continue to maintain an un healthy silence in this, their own forum. An update would be appreciated.

Posted 02/02/2012 01:21 PM   
None of there drivers work properly an update doesn't help windows 7 is not stable with nvidia and they cant do or dont want to do anything about it..
None of there drivers work properly an update doesn't help windows 7 is not stable with nvidia and they cant do or dont want to do anything about it..

Posted 02/02/2012 01:22 PM   
Ah well, mayhe its time we looked at ATI or other such graphic cards
Ah well, mayhe its time we looked at ATI or other such graphic cards

Posted 02/02/2012 01:24 PM   
not the sollution dude..

I've used my onboard hd videocard for windows 64 bit dude this onboard **** is crappy!

i think they dont have a sollution for this and we need to get together and find the right sollution coz this aint working...

all of the forums tell we cant do anything about it...

so dont think ati helps.. its wors then nvidia
not the sollution dude..

I've used my onboard hd videocard for windows 64 bit dude this onboard **** is crappy!

i think they dont have a sollution for this and we need to get together and find the right sollution coz this aint working...

all of the forums tell we cant do anything about it...

so dont think ati helps.. its wors then nvidia

Posted 02/02/2012 01:57 PM   
i used windows 64 bits before i thought it was a stability problem i formatted my hd and installed windows 7 32 bits..

i installed a game nnfs most wanted i played without an error i thought the problem finnaly was gone but after 10 minutes of being idle on my pc the ****ing screen goes black and recovers my kernel driver ****..

and dont think you can fix this by installing windows xp coz nvidia just dont have proper drivers

and for the record dont download driversweeper and uninstall your drivers coz that doesn;t work 2..
waste of time..

Think its time for nvidia to come up with a sollution
i used windows 64 bits before i thought it was a stability problem i formatted my hd and installed windows 7 32 bits..

i installed a game nnfs most wanted i played without an error i thought the problem finnaly was gone but after 10 minutes of being idle on my pc the ****ing screen goes black and recovers my kernel driver ****..

and dont think you can fix this by installing windows xp coz nvidia just dont have proper drivers

and for the record dont download driversweeper and uninstall your drivers coz that doesn;t work 2..

waste of time..

Think its time for nvidia to come up with a sollution

Posted 02/02/2012 02:01 PM   
http://www.driverguide.com/

Not the same as the one I downloaded an old driver from yesterday but same sort of thing
http://www.driverguide.com/

Not the same as the one I downloaded an old driver from yesterday but same sort of thing

Posted 02/02/2012 02:25 PM   
this is all commercial stuff dude dont download there the driver is to old windows wont install it coz you have a newer driver..

now you want to use driversweeper..??? lol no men!!! waste of time nothing works...

Try this for a change:

Goto control panel nvidia right taskbar green thingie press control panel now window opens..
click on the adjust videocolorsettings on the left 1 above the last 1..

Now you see 2 lines of text on the right side saying

dynamic contrast enchachment
color enchachment.

turn them both of
and make sure you set the tab on limited 16-235

now apply everything

Next step:

Goto to the same control panel now go above at nvidia psychx config and change the auto function to yourvideocardname

Now apply and hope this would help out.
p.s. my videocard didn't fail yet....since that config lol
hope this stays this way

Let me know

thanks
this is all commercial stuff dude dont download there the driver is to old windows wont install it coz you have a newer driver..

now you want to use driversweeper..??? lol no men!!! waste of time nothing works...

Try this for a change:

Goto control panel nvidia right taskbar green thingie press control panel now window opens..

click on the adjust videocolorsettings on the left 1 above the last 1..

Now you see 2 lines of text on the right side saying

dynamic contrast enchachment

color enchachment.

turn them both of

and make sure you set the tab on limited 16-235

now apply everything

Next step:

Goto to the same control panel now go above at nvidia psychx config and change the auto function to yourvideocardname

Now apply and hope this would help out.

p.s. my videocard didn't fail yet....since that config lol

hope this stays this way

Let me know

thanks

Posted 02/02/2012 02:56 PM   
OK done, will let you know results.
OK done, will let you know results.

Posted 02/02/2012 03:06 PM   
hey, regarding this fix. Has anyone had a Sucessfull fix from doing this? Also, i read somewhere on a Tech forum saying that DSisabling Windows Aero mode will help with the issue. any Update on someone attempted ther fix above would be appreciated.
hey, regarding this fix. Has anyone had a Sucessfull fix from doing this? Also, i read somewhere on a Tech forum saying that DSisabling Windows Aero mode will help with the issue. any Update on someone attempted ther fix above would be appreciated.

Posted 02/06/2012 10:19 PM   
Regarding the driver issues with online video the best fix is to disable hardware acceleration.

Open any random video on a website.
right click on the video and go to settings.
Uncheck the box that says "Enable hardware acceleration".
Click Close and then try watching video and check.
Regarding the driver issues with online video the best fix is to disable hardware acceleration.

Open any random video on a website.

right click on the video and go to settings.

Uncheck the box that says "Enable hardware acceleration".

Click Close and then try watching video and check.
anything is worth a try but why does it do it? Incompatibility thats why, something somewhere does not like Nvidia or vice versa. I'll have a go and Rashids suggestion later on.

My 'shudder' has apparently stopped but still getting driver failure.
anything is worth a try but why does it do it? Incompatibility thats why, something somewhere does not like Nvidia or vice versa. I'll have a go and Rashids suggestion later on.

My 'shudder' has apparently stopped but still getting driver failure.

Posted 02/07/2012 06:47 AM   
From what I have looked in various forums and checked it seems that when the hardware acceleration is turned on for the graphics card there is a [b]fluctuation in the core voltage of the graphics card[/b] because of which the message pops up.
From what I have looked in various forums and checked it seems that when the hardware acceleration is turned on for the graphics card there is a fluctuation in the core voltage of the graphics card because of which the message pops up.
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top