Do I need to download a driver?
I have a 64 Mb DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with TV out card, Version 4.25.0029 in my DELL 8200 Dimension which is already "of age". The card worked satisfactory with a SONY 19 inch Trinitron and DELL 19 inch flat screen monitors but when I installed a new 24 inch wide-screen DELL P2411H monitor it did NOT work well (poor colors, text lines overlap, grid lines do not show etc.).

To troubleshoot my problems I need to know whether NVIDIA has a NEWER driver for my card. But here is my problem. On the NVIDIA drivers site I found that the site is ready to download a driver for my card. But it does NOT say what driver it will download, what version etc. Now as it is well known each download has potential dangers and must be avoided if possible. So if the download will give me the same driver as I have now I should not do it.

Please help me first of all about the driver - is there a newer version for my card against the one that I have? And also if there IS a way to find this answer on the site - how to do it?

My best apologies if I did not do on the drivers site something right and many thanks for attention and help.
I have a 64 Mb DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with TV out card, Version 4.25.0029 in my DELL 8200 Dimension which is already "of age". The card worked satisfactory with a SONY 19 inch Trinitron and DELL 19 inch flat screen monitors but when I installed a new 24 inch wide-screen DELL P2411H monitor it did NOT work well (poor colors, text lines overlap, grid lines do not show etc.).

To troubleshoot my problems I need to know whether NVIDIA has a NEWER driver for my card. But here is my problem. On the NVIDIA drivers site I found that the site is ready to download a driver for my card. But it does NOT say what driver it will download, what version etc. Now as it is well known each download has potential dangers and must be avoided if possible. So if the download will give me the same driver as I have now I should not do it.

Please help me first of all about the driver - is there a newer version for my card against the one that I have? And also if there IS a way to find this answer on the site - how to do it?

My best apologies if I did not do on the drivers site something right and many thanks for attention and help.

Posted 01/29/2012 11:29 PM   
[quote name='Podsvetka' date='29 January 2012 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1327879794' post='1362370']

[/quote]
try using the drop down selections for your card on nvidias site and find your card in the list. also the nvidia auto detect should show you the driver version for your card and let you choose to download it and then install it.
also maybe your out dated graphics card does not support a 24 monitor.
[quote name='Podsvetka' date='29 January 2012 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1327879794' post='1362370']

try using the drop down selections for your card on nvidias site and find your card in the list. also the nvidia auto detect should show you the driver version for your card and let you choose to download it and then install it.

also maybe your out dated graphics card does not support a 24 monitor.

Corsair C70 case, ASUS Sabertooth X58,Intel i7 970 6 core cpu, 24gigs Avant memory, PNY GTX 680 4GB, Corsair AX1200 psu with sleeved cables, Sound Blaster Z, 2 LG Blu-Ray, 2 Crucial M500 120GB SSD, 1 Seagate 500GB HDD, 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB HDD, Microsoft SideWinder X4 keyboard, Corsair M65 mouse, Xbox 360 controller, Logitech 5.1 speakers, LG 27" IPS LED monitor, 3 Noctua 120mm fans, 2 Noctua 140mm fans, 1 Noctua 92mm fan, Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO cpu cooler. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. GPU has a small overclock by me.

Posted 01/30/2012 01:04 AM   
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_93.81.html (Beta)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_93.81.html
(Beta)

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500GB SATA2 HDD's | Auzentech Forte S/C | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2048MB | Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1 - x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.

Posted 01/30/2012 02:41 AM   
Scroll To Top