GeForce G100 How much wattage will this need?
I recently got the Gateway DX4860-UB32P desktop primarily to run minecraft. Intel's integrated graphics suck and I was considering installing my GeForce G100 which I uninstalled from my other computer when I replaced it with a better GPU. I figured that installing the GeForce G100 would be better than intel's integrated grapics and since it has all the recommended specs for minecraft. I'm just worried about whether my PSU wil be able to handle it or not. I tried looking for a PSU calculator but none of the ones I found had this GPU as a choice. Do you think my gateway can take it optimally? Thanks in advance.
I recently got the Gateway DX4860-UB32P desktop primarily to run minecraft. Intel's integrated graphics suck and I was considering installing my GeForce G100 which I uninstalled from my other computer when I replaced it with a better GPU. I figured that installing the GeForce G100 would be better than intel's integrated grapics and since it has all the recommended specs for minecraft. I'm just worried about whether my PSU wil be able to handle it or not. I tried looking for a PSU calculator but none of the ones I found had this GPU as a choice. Do you think my gateway can take it optimally? Thanks in advance.

Posted 01/29/2012 03:46 PM   
The G100 is a very low power card (only 35W max) and the 300W PSU in your Gateway PC can handle it with no sweat. Not sure that it will be significantly faster than the Intel HD graphics integrated on the CPU though since the newer ones which are integrated on the CPU is better than the old one which is integrated on the motherboard's chipset. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':biggrin:' />
The G100 is a very low power card (only 35W max) and the 300W PSU in your Gateway PC can handle it with no sweat. Not sure that it will be significantly faster than the Intel HD graphics integrated on the CPU though since the newer ones which are integrated on the CPU is better than the old one which is integrated on the motherboard's chipset. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':biggrin:' />

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 01/30/2012 05:12 AM   
Scroll To Top