GeForce 7950 cannot DL updated drivers
I have the Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT video card. I am running it with WinXP, Intel Core 2 CPU with 2GB of Ram. I am having issues with my video card lately when I play games (specifically Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and The Sims 2) and thought that maybe the drivers needed to be updated. However, when I download the newest driver and restart my computer, the screen goes blank and loses signal before it gets to windows. I even tried uninstalling the old driver, disconnecting my internet and disabling my firewall and I still had that problem. I have to load my computer in safe mode to download the old original drivers to get my monitor signal back. Why can't I install the updated drivers? My video card is a couple of years older than the rest of my computer but that shouldn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to be able to play my games again. Thanks!\

PS: When I play Grand Theft Auto, the game freezes up on me for a moment then goes to a blue screen. I get an NV4_disp.dll message, which would be for the video card, and then it says something about dumping memory. I have to restart my computer.
I have the Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT video card. I am running it with WinXP, Intel Core 2 CPU with 2GB of Ram. I am having issues with my video card lately when I play games (specifically Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and The Sims 2) and thought that maybe the drivers needed to be updated. However, when I download the newest driver and restart my computer, the screen goes blank and loses signal before it gets to windows. I even tried uninstalling the old driver, disconnecting my internet and disabling my firewall and I still had that problem. I have to load my computer in safe mode to download the old original drivers to get my monitor signal back. Why can't I install the updated drivers? My video card is a couple of years older than the rest of my computer but that shouldn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to be able to play my games again. Thanks!\

PS: When I play Grand Theft Auto, the game freezes up on me for a moment then goes to a blue screen. I get an NV4_disp.dll message, which would be for the video card, and then it says something about dumping memory. I have to restart my computer.

Posted 01/28/2012 05:26 AM   
From your description, you may be looking at a driver issue but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities. Did you get any BSOD error on Sims-2?
What driver version did you use when GTA experienced BSOD? Also, what driver version caused the screen to go blank?
From your description, you may be looking at a driver issue but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities. Did you get any BSOD error on Sims-2?

What driver version did you use when GTA experienced BSOD? Also, what driver version caused the screen to go blank?

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 02/03/2012 01:33 AM   
[quote]and thought that maybe the drivers needed to be updated. However, when I download the newest driver and restart my computer, the screen goes blank and loses signal before it gets to windows. I even tried uninstalling the old driver, disconnecting my internet and disabling my firewall and I still had that problem. I have to load my computer in safe mode to download the old original drivers to get my monitor signal back. Why can't I install the updated drivers? My video card is a couple of years older than the rest of my computer but that shouldn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to be able to play my games again. Thanks!\
[/quote]

Try to uninstall using this guide [url="http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_3.html"]http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_3.html[/url] where you will use the nvidia uninstaller. Then search for the files beginning with NV only in the c:windows system 32 and c:windows system 32 drivers directories only. DO NOT delete and other files or you may have to reinstall your system. make sure to delete any nvidia folders in the c: drive, this is where they are extracted prior to installation. This will happen again when you reinstall the driver after uninstll procedure. Good luck
and thought that maybe the drivers needed to be updated. However, when I download the newest driver and restart my computer, the screen goes blank and loses signal before it gets to windows. I even tried uninstalling the old driver, disconnecting my internet and disabling my firewall and I still had that problem. I have to load my computer in safe mode to download the old original drivers to get my monitor signal back. Why can't I install the updated drivers? My video card is a couple of years older than the rest of my computer but that shouldn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to be able to play my games again. Thanks!\

Try to uninstall using this guide http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_3.html where you will use the nvidia uninstaller. Then search for the files beginning with NV only in the c:windows system 32 and c:windows system 32 drivers directories only. DO NOT delete and other files or you may have to reinstall your system. make sure to delete any nvidia folders in the c: drive, this is where they are extracted prior to installation. This will happen again when you reinstall the driver after uninstll procedure. Good luck

GR Card 1 MSI N450GTS-MD2GD3 link http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N450GTS-MD2GD3.html
CPU: Intel core2Quad Q8200

Posted 04/21/2012 10:04 PM   
Scroll To Top