Minecraft 3D-vision guide
Hey everybody, avid minecraft player here. I've been playing minecraft for a while in 3D, but it still seems some people have some trouble getting to work. So I'll post a step-by-step walktrough here :)

1:[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/186241-modwinrenderer-wrapper-depthanglyph-colsnv-3d-vsnfs/"]Acquire the 3D wrapper[/url] and install it

2: The sound will by buggy, so while you're in the "natives" folder, put [url="http://www.mediafire.com/?t6u3je43gzb25l5"]these[/url] files in there replacing the glitchy sound drivers.

3: Configure the deepth and parallax with the wrappers config. Alternatively, use [url="http://www.mediafire.com/?d62lsqcba28syay"]my config file[/url] which has alot of deepth and a bit of popout. If you use mine, place the
config file in the same folder as the configer, the ".minecraft" folder. Also, you MUST use fullscreen, as the 3D will not activate if you don't run minecraft in fullscreen.

4: When in the game, use your keybinding (or press the infrared-emitter, though sometimes this fails?) to activate the 3D. 3D settings can only be changed from within the configer.

Since this wrapper uses some rather dirty techniques, you're gonna need a decent GPU to play with 3D on. Also, the crosshair will be in your way (there are ways to remove the crosshair)
The 3D seems to work all visual mods, though don't expect anything like dynamic shaders or the like to have a decent performance.
Hey everybody, avid minecraft player here. I've been playing minecraft for a while in 3D, but it still seems some people have some trouble getting to work. So I'll post a step-by-step walktrough here :)

1:Acquire the 3D wrapper and install it

2: The sound will by buggy, so while you're in the "natives" folder, put these files in there replacing the glitchy sound drivers.

3: Configure the deepth and parallax with the wrappers config. Alternatively, use my config file which has alot of deepth and a bit of popout. If you use mine, place the

config file in the same folder as the configer, the ".minecraft" folder. Also, you MUST use fullscreen, as the 3D will not activate if you don't run minecraft in fullscreen.

4: When in the game, use your keybinding (or press the infrared-emitter, though sometimes this fails?) to activate the 3D. 3D settings can only be changed from within the configer.

Since this wrapper uses some rather dirty techniques, you're gonna need a decent GPU to play with 3D on. Also, the crosshair will be in your way (there are ways to remove the crosshair)

The 3D seems to work all visual mods, though don't expect anything like dynamic shaders or the like to have a decent performance.

Posted 01/27/2012 10:37 PM   
Hello

Thanks for this. Very helpful.

How poor is the performance decrease? What FPSs would I expect on my rig?

Also could you post a linky showing how to remove the crosshair?

I would like to give this en a go but have held back because of the lack of 3D.
Hello

Thanks for this. Very helpful.

How poor is the performance decrease? What FPSs would I expect on my rig?

Also could you post a linky showing how to remove the crosshair?

I would like to give this en a go but have held back because of the lack of 3D.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

GameGrade 3D
Helix Mod - community fixes
Ramblings of a 3D Gamer (3D Reviews/Tweaks)
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 01/28/2012 08:16 PM   
With your setup, I would expect a stable 50-60 fps. Though I wouldn't buy it merely because of the 3D, since this tweak hasn't been updated for quite a while and is most likely abandoned.
Hopefully it will keep working forever, though you never know /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
With your setup, I would expect a stable 50-60 fps. Though I wouldn't buy it merely because of the 3D, since this tweak hasn't been updated for quite a while and is most likely abandoned.

Hopefully it will keep working forever, though you never know /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 01/29/2012 12:35 AM   
Hello again

Thanks for the heads up. I might get it anyway. Hopefully it will work ok for a while...
Hello again

Thanks for the heads up. I might get it anyway. Hopefully it will work ok for a while...

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 01/30/2012 05:08 PM   
It works!

But

It is really uncomfortable on the eyes. It is hard to explain but it feels as though every time you turn your eyes are 'wrenching'. Any clue to what I am talking about?

If so is it fixable.

If only it could be made 3D friendly!
It works!

But

It is really uncomfortable on the eyes. It is hard to explain but it feels as though every time you turn your eyes are 'wrenching'. Any clue to what I am talking about?

If so is it fixable.

-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 01/30/2012 07:55 PM   
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='30 January 2012 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1327953341' post='1362673']
It works!

But

If so is it fixable.

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. There's something super weird going on making it uncomfortable... especially when moving quickly.
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='30 January 2012 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1327953341' post='1362673']

It works!

But

If so is it fixable.

Yeah, I agree. There's something super weird going on making it uncomfortable... especially when moving quickly.

Posted 01/30/2012 09:17 PM   
Frustrating because once the crosshair has beem modded out it is perfect.

-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 01/30/2012 10:23 PM   
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='30 January 2012 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1327962186' post='1362730']
[/quote]

Unfortunately, the guy who made the mod is totally MIA. He hasn't even logged into the forum since August 2011, despite being super active about the mod before that. Hope he's ok.

Edit: I put the mod into "cross-eyed" mode to see if I could tell what the problem is by looking at both frames side-by-side. It's pretty obvious that the right frame is a good half-second behind the left, which is why the 3D is incredibly uncomfortable and therefore unplayable. Such a bummer, because it looks really great otherwise. Even in conjunction with all the fancy shader mods, which don't work with the built-in anaglyph.
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='30 January 2012 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1327962186' post='1362730']

Unfortunately, the guy who made the mod is totally MIA. He hasn't even logged into the forum since August 2011, despite being super active about the mod before that. Hope he's ok.

Edit: I put the mod into "cross-eyed" mode to see if I could tell what the problem is by looking at both frames side-by-side. It's pretty obvious that the right frame is a good half-second behind the left, which is why the 3D is incredibly uncomfortable and therefore unplayable. Such a bummer, because it looks really great otherwise. Even in conjunction with all the fancy shader mods, which don't work with the built-in anaglyph.

Posted 02/02/2012 10:07 PM   
Ya I tried this a while ago and ran into both the eye killing problem as well as the sound issue. Hopefully one day the wrapper gets updated or notch adds some more 3D into the equasion lol.

Right now I am playing with the Dynamic Shadows shader mod and must say, minecraft looks damn spiffy all HDR'ed up and such.

It also was about the same quality 3D with my older Passive LG monitor and a ATI 5870 so it is not an Nvidia 3D Vision issue alone. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
Ya I tried this a while ago and ran into both the eye killing problem as well as the sound issue. Hopefully one day the wrapper gets updated or notch adds some more 3D into the equasion lol.

Right now I am playing with the Dynamic Shadows shader mod and must say, minecraft looks damn spiffy all HDR'ed up and such.

It also was about the same quality 3D with my older Passive LG monitor and a ATI 5870 so it is not an Nvidia 3D Vision issue alone. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 02/06/2012 04:40 PM   
It's true, I have noticed this delay aswell. In case anyone was wondering, the guy who made this moved on to making VLC media player 3D-compatible.
It's true, I have noticed this delay aswell. In case anyone was wondering, the guy who made this moved on to making VLC media player 3D-compatible.

Posted 02/08/2012 01:17 PM   
Thanks so much sound worked finally
Thanks so much sound worked finally

|Asus P8Z68-V|GeForce GTX 680|i7 2600k|Antec Kuhler 620|8GB Corsair Vegeance 1600|Corsair GS700|Haf 922|Benq XL2410T|

Posted 02/26/2012 09:32 PM   
Scroll To Top