Bitspower compression fittings 1/2 3/4
So I got some fittings in and I wanted to see the hose on one. I put it on and tried to screw the cap down on it... well that's where the story stops. I couldn't(by hand) screw it down anymore. I had to try and use two pliers... this doesn't seem right. The amount of force it's taking to screw that down... I'm kinda thrown off right now. I am using primochill lrt pro. I can screw it most of the way down... and then it becomes way to hard. I am assuming that you would insert the fittings and then add the tubing right?

Oh... I guess the cap is not suppose to go all the way down. lol...
So I got some fittings in and I wanted to see the hose on one. I put it on and tried to screw the cap down on it... well that's where the story stops. I couldn't(by hand) screw it down anymore. I had to try and use two pliers... this doesn't seem right. The amount of force it's taking to screw that down... I'm kinda thrown off right now. I am using primochill lrt pro. I can screw it most of the way down... and then it becomes way to hard. I am assuming that you would insert the fittings and then add the tubing right?

Posted 01/27/2012 05:26 PM   
[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='27 January 2012 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1327685173' post='1361429']

[/quote]

[i]Do you remember [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=212529"]this post?[/url] I explained and demonstrated to you how compression fittings operate. [/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='27 January 2012 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1327685173' post='1361429']

Do you remember this post? I explained and demonstrated to you how compression fittings operate.

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 01/27/2012 07:47 PM   
[quote name='Righthooks' date='27 January 2012 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1327693658' post='1361494']
[i]Do you remember [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=212529"]this post?[/url] I explained and demonstrated to you how compression fittings operate. [/i]

-Hooks
[/quote]

I remember you talking about it. However I do not remember that. I'm sure alot of ppl might think that it goes all the way down.. I did too. lol... but I'm glad I know now! =)
[quote name='Righthooks' date='27 January 2012 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1327693658' post='1361494']

Do you remember this post? I explained and demonstrated to you how compression fittings operate.

-Hooks

I remember you talking about it. However I do not remember that. I'm sure alot of ppl might think that it goes all the way down.. I did too. lol... but I'm glad I know now! =)

Posted 01/27/2012 08:01 PM   
[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='27 January 2012 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1327694470' post='1361499']
[/quote]

[i]Good luck! Now, you can rest easy. [/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='27 January 2012 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1327694470' post='1361499']

Good luck! Now, you can rest easy.

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 01/27/2012 08:22 PM   
[quote name='Righthooks' date='27 January 2012 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1327695723' post='1361508']
[i]Good luck! Now, you can rest easy. [/i]

-Hooks
[/quote]

thanks man. I will have a new build together. Maybe you can tweak if your up to it, Ill send some pics.
[quote name='Righthooks' date='27 January 2012 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1327695723' post='1361508']

Good luck! Now, you can rest easy.

-Hooks

thanks man. I will have a new build together. Maybe you can tweak if your up to it, Ill send some pics.

Posted 01/27/2012 08:23 PM   
You might be interested in this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?278573-Monsoon-Free-Center-Compression-Fittings

Making stupid look good.

Rig:

Thermaltake Armor

Q9650 @ 4.05, 1800FSB

Striker II Extreme

4GB Patriot 2000 @ 8-8-8-26

x2 150GB WD VRaptor Drives in RAID 0

x2 Segate 320GB RAID 0 Secondary Data Backup

-1TB and 750GB Western Digital Mybooks for backup

x3 EVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI @ 1.45V ~900 core, 2300 shader, 1250 mem

Watercooling:

FuZion 2.0

Enzotech NB Block

x3 Swiftech Obsidians

MCP 655 With EK Top Rev 2

120 and 240 Black Ice Pro GT Stealth Rads

120 DangerDen XFlow rad

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=145895:
Watercooling Guide for Beginners

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=138732:
Watercooling Pics Posted Here

Posted 01/28/2012 03:27 AM   
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0205.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0206.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0207.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0208.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0209.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone that has any ideas what to do with HDD's, let me know. I see that I have two options here..I can leave the 360 mounted in the drive bays or.. I can mount it at the bottom of the case which will free up alot of space. I do have a Z2 bracket to mount anything I need on to a fan or whatever.. so what would give me the cleanest look here? 360 drive bay or bottom of case? Also I have been wondering where to mount the pump and res in either config. I thought about mount the res onto the pump. Any ideas would be appreciated.

- I forgot to mention...I am waiting on some new items from performance pcs.. Bitspower d5 top v2, a couple of Qdc's. I thought of using them as a drain instead of the drain fitting I have.

Anyone that has any ideas what to do with HDD's, let me know. I see that I have two options here..I can leave the 360 mounted in the drive bays or.. I can mount it at the bottom of the case which will free up alot of space. I do have a Z2 bracket to mount anything I need on to a fan or whatever.. so what would give me the cleanest look here? 360 drive bay or bottom of case? Also I have been wondering where to mount the pump and res in either config. I thought about mount the res onto the pump. Any ideas would be appreciated.

- I forgot to mention...I am waiting on some new items from performance pcs.. Bitspower d5 top v2, a couple of Qdc's. I thought of using them as a drain instead of the drain fitting I have.

Posted 01/28/2012 07:19 PM   
You may be able to mount the SSD to the motherboard tray - I've seen it done before (round the back, so it looks clean). You'd need to judge which holes to use and see if you think it's stable enough though. Then you'd just have the HDD to find a home for (single bay converter maybe?)
You may be able to mount the SSD to the motherboard tray - I've seen it done before (round the back, so it looks clean). You'd need to judge which holes to use and see if you think it's stable enough though. Then you'd just have the HDD to find a home for (single bay converter maybe?)

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 01/28/2012 08:47 PM   
To answer the original OP's question, compression fittings aren't supposed to tighten all the way down. You probably could force it with a tool, but you would, literally, never be able to remove it.

If you're having trouble finding ways to install your water cooling kit, what i do, is google pictures of other peoples systems that are high quality and replicate their placements.
To answer the original OP's question, compression fittings aren't supposed to tighten all the way down. You probably could force it with a tool, but you would, literally, never be able to remove it.

If you're having trouble finding ways to install your water cooling kit, what i do, is google pictures of other peoples systems that are high quality and replicate their placements.
Half way point. Still not sure what Im gonna do with the HDD's. There is still one bay open and I do have a dock on top as well... hmmmmmm.
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0007.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0010.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/zacfranklin2003/GEDC0011.jpg[/IMG]

I am looking to do a different res. Just not sure which yet. Gotta lot of tweaks left to do.
Half way point. Still not sure what Im gonna do with the HDD's. There is still one bay open and I do have a dock on top as well... hmmmmmm.

ImageImage

I am looking to do a different res. Just not sure which yet. Gotta lot of tweaks left to do.

Posted 01/31/2012 12:05 AM   
I dont understand the dual-fittings on the GPUs.... I assume only one actually allows flow and the other is for aesthetics?
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='01 February 2012 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1328150004' post='1363946']
I dont understand the dual-fittings on the GPUs.... I assume only one actually allows flow and the other is for aesthetics?
[/quote]

A lot of people do that.
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='01 February 2012 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1328150004' post='1363946']

A lot of people do that.
Ahhh, the old series vs. parallel flow through GPUs... was it ever decided which was better? /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Ahhh, the old series vs. parallel flow through GPUs... was it ever decided which was better? /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 02/02/2012 02:42 AM   
[quote name='xXDeltaXx' date='01 February 2012 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1328150521' post='1363951']
[/quote]

Every part of the gpu is always touching moving water. It doesn't matter. It's counter-intuitive.
[quote name='xXDeltaXx' date='01 February 2012 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1328150521' post='1363951']

Every part of the gpu is always touching moving water. It doesn't matter. It's counter-intuitive.
I've read people get better temps this way... but other than its for more support. =)
I've read people get better temps this way... but other than its for more support. =)

Posted 02/03/2012 01:07 AM   
Scroll To Top