My $250 computer gaming case has turned 11 years old!
It's hard to believe that I'm nearing my 4th gaming build and I'm now barely replacing my vintage Maxcool gaming case. I bought this baby back in late 2000!! The price with shipping was a whopping $250!

It's been with me through the years of Quake 3 Rocket Arena, Counter Strike, Tribes 2, to Battlefield 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Back then this baby was turning heads at LAN parties (before we had broadband)and was one of the best gaming cases around. If I remember correctly the manual or paperwork it came with stated it pushes 400 cubic feet of air through it a minute. Pretty rare back then for gaming cases.

Since then the company - thecoolingcard.com has gone under. I'm finally retiring it and have decided on the Corsair Graphite White 600T gaming case.

I managed to find an article (dated Jan 8,2001 /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':laugh:' /> ) about this case. I thought I would share it along with some pics.

[img]http://www.tweak3d.net/reviews/misc/maxcool/1.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=26807"]My link[/url]
It's hard to believe that I'm nearing my 4th gaming build and I'm now barely replacing my vintage Maxcool gaming case. I bought this baby back in late 2000!! The price with shipping was a whopping $250!

It's been with me through the years of Quake 3 Rocket Arena, Counter Strike, Tribes 2, to Battlefield 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Back then this baby was turning heads at LAN parties (before we had broadband)and was one of the best gaming cases around. If I remember correctly the manual or paperwork it came with stated it pushes 400 cubic feet of air through it a minute. Pretty rare back then for gaming cases.

Since then the company - thecoolingcard.com has gone under. I'm finally retiring it and have decided on the Corsair Graphite White 600T gaming case.

I managed to find an article (dated Jan 8,2001 /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':laugh:' /> ) about this case. I thought I would share it along with some pics.

My link

Posted 01/27/2012 06:06 AM   
BTW, I didn't search much when deciding on upgrading to a Corsair Special Edition White 600t.

Any recommendations for a nice gaming case in the $170 range would be much appreciated. I'm planning my build by the end of Feb.

Thanks.
BTW, I didn't search much when deciding on upgrading to a Corsair Special Edition White 600t.

Any recommendations for a nice gaming case in the $170 range would be much appreciated. I'm planning my build by the end of Feb.

Thanks.

Posted 01/30/2012 01:28 AM   
Omg you can tell that case is old! Its got that 80-90s beige computer tint. Keep that case man, it's a relic to remember the old times.

For a suggestion on a new case, I could suggest my Antec DF-85 (cost me $120 CDN after rebate). It comes with 7 variable speed fans, and you can add 1 more on the side. The front fans also have removable, washable filters. This case is keeping 2 OC'd GTX 480s cool so that is saying alot Lol. That is just a few of the features this case offers, there is so much more but I am too lazy to list it all.
Omg you can tell that case is old! Its got that 80-90s beige computer tint. Keep that case man, it's a relic to remember the old times.

For a suggestion on a new case, I could suggest my Antec DF-85 (cost me $120 CDN after rebate). It comes with 7 variable speed fans, and you can add 1 more on the side. The front fans also have removable, washable filters. This case is keeping 2 OC'd GTX 480s cool so that is saying alot Lol. That is just a few of the features this case offers, there is so much more but I am too lazy to list it all.

Cpu: Intel i7 3930K @ 5GHz
Cooler: Corsair H100
Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Formula
Ram: GSkill 16GB Quad DDR3 @ 2050Mhz
GPU: 2 Nvidia EVGA GTX 670's FTW in SLI
Monitor: Asus VG278H + Nvidia 3D Vision 2
HD: 2 OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in Raid 0
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
PSU: Pc Power And Cooling Silencer MK II 950W

Helix Mod 3D Vision Fixes

Posted 01/30/2012 02:12 AM   
I'm planning on using SLI gtx 580 classified ultras...will I run into problems with spacing if I stick with mid-tower cases or am I forced to go full tower??
I'm planning on using SLI gtx 580 classified ultras...will I run into problems with spacing if I stick with mid-tower cases or am I forced to go full tower??

Posted 01/30/2012 08:23 AM   
what spacing has got to do with cases? it depends on the motherboard only.
Posted 01/30/2012 12:03 PM   
[quote name='Pelter' date='29 January 2012 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1327889537' post='1362396']

[/quote]
I use a DF-85 its a beast of a wind tunnel and not loud at all, I got a H60 in push/pull for thr cpu and I added a side panel fan in oull to get the hot air out fro the sli 580s....all in all temps rock for me

cpu gaming 54 degrees under prime 95 for 6 hours in blend test 62...cpu idles at 27

gpu 1 idle 34 full load 62

gpu 2 idle 33 full load 58

thats with msi afterbuner set to %60 fan speed on gpus only while gaming

I find I a fantastic case with tons of room, you could do 3 way sli and ton hdds with no worries for spacing and the wire managment is nice too.
[quote name='Pelter' date='29 January 2012 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1327889537' post='1362396']

I use a DF-85 its a beast of a wind tunnel and not loud at all, I got a H60 in push/pull for thr cpu and I added a side panel fan in oull to get the hot air out fro the sli 580s....all in all temps rock for me

cpu gaming 54 degrees under prime 95 for 6 hours in blend test 62...cpu idles at 27

I find I a fantastic case with tons of room, you could do 3 way sli and ton hdds with no worries for spacing and the wire managment is nice too.

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 01/30/2012 01:16 PM   
[quote name='MontyQ' date='30 January 2012 - 05:16 AM' timestamp='1327929379' post='1362544']

[/quote]

I don't doubt its capabilities but the only reason why I don't like the DF-85 is because of its "rugged" looks. LOL I'm looking for something more streamlined on the exterior. The Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T does it for me so far but I'm still looking at other brands.
[quote name='MontyQ' date='30 January 2012 - 05:16 AM' timestamp='1327929379' post='1362544']

I don't doubt its capabilities but the only reason why I don't like the DF-85 is because of its "rugged" looks. LOL I'm looking for something more streamlined on the exterior. The Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T does it for me so far but I'm still looking at other brands.

Posted 01/31/2012 03:43 AM   
[quote name='bsh' date='30 January 2012 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1327924996' post='1362518']
[/quote]

I'm assuming I would run into trouble with space inside the case since I have an 11 year old case that's "smallish" by today's standards. I would have a hard time fitting an ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 and 2 gtx 580s on my current case. Hense the question of going for a mid or full tower.
[quote name='bsh' date='30 January 2012 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1327924996' post='1362518']

I'm assuming I would run into trouble with space inside the case since I have an 11 year old case that's "smallish" by today's standards. I would have a hard time fitting an ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 and 2 gtx 580s on my current case. Hense the question of going for a mid or full tower.

Posted 01/31/2012 03:47 AM   
[quote name='BLASTphemus' date='31 January 2012 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1327981642' post='1362832']
[/quote]

no, you won't have any problems. that motherboard is standard atx size, and the case has no hdd racks in the front either, so the long gtx580's would fit in too, easily. the fans on the side panel would cool them down too. this is not a small case.
[quote name='BLASTphemus' date='31 January 2012 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1327981642' post='1362832']

no, you won't have any problems. that motherboard is standard atx size, and the case has no hdd racks in the front either, so the long gtx580's would fit in too, easily. the fans on the side panel would cool them down too. this is not a small case.
Posted 01/31/2012 10:39 AM   
I used to have that beast! I believe that I got that case from Jim Hanson before he started www.coolcases.com

The 6896A was an epic nostalgic case in the pre mod-my-pc erra :P

IMO the 6896A was a PITA to work on. I preferred the Lite-On FS020 hands down :)

But it's kick ass to see you still sporting that case. It's a solid case back before screwless, aluminum, windows and gamer branding became the norm.
I used to have that beast! I believe that I got that case from Jim Hanson before he started www.coolcases.com

The 6896A was an epic nostalgic case in the pre mod-my-pc erra :P

IMO the 6896A was a PITA to work on. I preferred the Lite-On FS020 hands down :)

But it's kick ass to see you still sporting that case. It's a solid case back before screwless, aluminum, windows and gamer branding became the norm.

Posted 03/25/2012 09:14 PM   
Well you can honestly say that you got your moneys worth out of that baby . If you are into white cases ? this is a good choice that won't break the bank , lots of good ratings . I personally love mine , but mine is black ... Full towers are really nice to work with and run cooler .

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/NZXT-Phantom-3L.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/08/04/nzxt-phantom-case-review/1"]http://www.bit-tech....m-case-review/1[/url]
Well you can honestly say that you got your moneys worth out of that baby . If you are into white cases ? this is a good choice that won't break the bank , lots of good ratings . I personally love mine , but mine is black ... Full towers are really nice to work with and run cooler .

http://www.bit-tech....m-case-review/1

Posted 03/28/2012 06:15 AM   
[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/vxc50j.jpg[/img][sub]
(1st post, had to register and reply)[/sub]

Love on first sight back in 1999.
E-ATX and cooling to none what was available on the Market.

Don't forget: [b]It's a Workstation[/b]

My Short History of GFX in this beast before they got known as a GPU (GF3 for me)

PowerVR (M3D)
3dFX
3dFX Voodoo2 (and naturally SLI them)
GF2 GTS Pro
GF3 Ti
ATI 9700 PRO
GF6800 NU

........... Time-Out

HD4870 (and CF the Screamers)
5970 + 5850 (Until the 5970 did a Mush room)

If you are interested in the CPU's.
The FS-020 started with a P200MMX @300 and at this moment a i7-2600K with a slight OC ;-)
TR Archon keeps it more then cool in silent way.

It has also met many HD's, starting with a Quantum Bigfoot ending with a nice C300 256Gb/1.5TB in combination with a Synology.

Now the 1st 680GTX is on it's way and the HD5850 will get a 2nd live in the HPTC (Skyrim on the projector in the Living).

The FS-020 is HEAVY, 3mm steel, and [u]silent.[/u]
BUT If you smoke you might want to clean more then you want....
Do I feel any reason to replace it? No [sub](This thing is cooler then then the wide hips of Kim Kardashian)[/sub]

[b]FS020 = Unsung Hero, [/b]

[sup](Thanks nV, GTX680 low TDP is the reason of my return. Personal limit of 650 Watt and love to SLI them)[/sup]
Image[sub]

(1st post, had to register and reply)[/sub]

Love on first sight back in 1999.

E-ATX and cooling to none what was available on the Market.

Don't forget: It's a Workstation

My Short History of GFX in this beast before they got known as a GPU (GF3 for me)

PowerVR (M3D)

3dFX

3dFX Voodoo2 (and naturally SLI them)

GF2 GTS Pro

GF3 Ti

ATI 9700 PRO

GF6800 NU

........... Time-Out

HD4870 (and CF the Screamers)

5970 + 5850 (Until the 5970 did a Mush room)

If you are interested in the CPU's.

The FS-020 started with a P200MMX @300 and at this moment a i7-2600K with a slight OC ;-)

TR Archon keeps it more then cool in silent way.

It has also met many HD's, starting with a Quantum Bigfoot ending with a nice C300 256Gb/1.5TB in combination with a Synology.

Now the 1st 680GTX is on it's way and the HD5850 will get a 2nd live in the HPTC (Skyrim on the projector in the Living).

The FS-020 is HEAVY, 3mm steel, and silent.

BUT If you smoke you might want to clean more then you want....

Do I feel any reason to replace it? No [sub](This thing is cooler then then the wide hips of Kim Kardashian)[/sub]

FS020 = Unsung Hero,

[sup](Thanks nV, GTX680 low TDP is the reason of my return. Personal limit of 650 Watt and love to SLI them)[/sup]

Posted 04/30/2012 11:14 PM   
I definitely like your first choice. The 600T is a very sleek case that does just about everything right. It supports long graphics cards, liquid cooling, and the airflow is excellent. I've seen a few builds that used white tygon tubing for the CPU\GPU loops and it just looked amazing. No problem at all with that case.

If you want something a little bigger, check out [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001&Tpk=Corsair%20800D"]Corsair's 800D[/url]. I have this case presently and I can vouch for it's quality. It's amazing, although the stock fans need replaced if you plan on air cooling alone.

[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811124142"]Enermax's Fulmo GT[/url] is really nice for the money. I was just recently turned on to this case by another member here. It has everything you could want in a case, assuming you like the overall look.

[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119245"]Cooler Master's Storm Series Trooper[/url] is another wonderful case. This is the full-tower version, but there's a mid-tower version as well. Nice aesthetics and great functionality. Can't really go wrong with it, although Corsair's cases are better for LC'ing.

Then there's [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119252"]Cooler Master's Cosmos 2[/url], which is arguably one of the best cases currently available. It's not cheap, but it's build quality is unparallelled. It has room for anything you could ever want, great airflow, and wicked aesthetics.
I definitely like your first choice. The 600T is a very sleek case that does just about everything right. It supports long graphics cards, liquid cooling, and the airflow is excellent. I've seen a few builds that used white tygon tubing for the CPU\GPU loops and it just looked amazing. No problem at all with that case.

If you want something a little bigger, check out Corsair's 800D. I have this case presently and I can vouch for it's quality. It's amazing, although the stock fans need replaced if you plan on air cooling alone.

Enermax's Fulmo GT is really nice for the money. I was just recently turned on to this case by another member here. It has everything you could want in a case, assuming you like the overall look.

Cooler Master's Storm Series Trooper is another wonderful case. This is the full-tower version, but there's a mid-tower version as well. Nice aesthetics and great functionality. Can't really go wrong with it, although Corsair's cases are better for LC'ing.

Then there's Cooler Master's Cosmos 2, which is arguably one of the best cases currently available. It's not cheap, but it's build quality is unparallelled. It has room for anything you could ever want, great airflow, and wicked aesthetics.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 05/01/2012 03:27 AM   
I suggest you this epic casing IMO. Other suggestions are also awesome:
Check this out: [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815011"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815011[/url]
I suggest you this epic casing IMO. Other suggestions are also awesome:

Check this out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815011

GPU: Sparkle nvidia GTX 460 1 GB (700 MHz core clock)

CPU: Intel i7 2600K Quad Core (Stock)

RAM: G Skill RipjawX 4 GB (2*2 GB) Dual Channel (1333 MHz XMP Profile)

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (BIOS 1.H)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Chassis: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

PSU: Xigmatek NRP-MC 800 Watt Modular (80 Plus Bronze)

Driver: nvidia forceware 301.42 WHQL

Posted 06/04/2012 12:27 PM   
Hey -- I recently bought this very old Antec case off Craigslist for $20.00; it now has an I7, SSD, and numerous other high-end parts in it, I use it as my primary computer in my computer repair shop. Antec dug into their warehouse and sent me a couple parts I needed to complete the job. I added a number of connectivity options for doing data recovery; here are some pix:

[IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/bobbynow/Antec/P3200052.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/bobbynow/Antec/P3200077.jpg[/IMG]

[size="4"][u][b]Slideshow:[/b][/u][/size]

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/bobbynow/Antec/?albumview=slideshow
Hey -- I recently bought this very old Antec case off Craigslist for $20.00; it now has an I7, SSD, and numerous other high-end parts in it, I use it as my primary computer in my computer repair shop. Antec dug into their warehouse and sent me a couple parts I needed to complete the job. I added a number of connectivity options for doing data recovery; here are some pix:

Slideshow:

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/bobbynow/Antec/?albumview=slideshow

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 06/05/2012 07:01 AM