630a 7050 Drivers For Windows 7 Compatibility problems with ahci and windows 7
Hello I am new to the nvidia forums so please bare with me.
I have a problem with my sata hard drives being set up as ahci and running windows 7, first thing I download the appropriate drivers from nvidia for my chipset 630a 7050 on mainboard n68pv-gs but running the installer only gives me the option to install the away mode driver and nothing else, the mother board manufacturer website only give the drivers for onboard graphics, sound and a bios flash to make this mainboard compatible with windows 7 witch I have done. problem is the hot plug function or hot swap or whatever it is called when you swap hard drives does not work properly and I can barely burn a dvd without having some sort of problems, when safely removing hardware (one of my sata hard drives) then inserting a different hard drive I have to either restart my pc or scan for hardware changes to get my hard drive to be detected and work, there are a few other issues I am having witch I suspect have to do with the ahci driver from Microsoft as it is the only driver i can have installed. Another thing it doesn't matter what setup I have (sata as ide, ahci or raid) the newest drivers from nvidia won't install for storage actually it won't install for processor, storage, ethernet, smbus. but all these install fine when running xp or vista. I select nforce then 630a 7050 then windows 7 x64 then driver and download it try to install it but no only wants to install away mode witch is not supported by windows 7 x64 anyway, What can I do? I want to be able to use my pc properly but I don't want to have to resort to going back to xp.
Hello I am new to the nvidia forums so please bare with me.

I have a problem with my sata hard drives being set up as ahci and running windows 7, first thing I download the appropriate drivers from nvidia for my chipset 630a 7050 on mainboard n68pv-gs but running the installer only gives me the option to install the away mode driver and nothing else, the mother board manufacturer website only give the drivers for onboard graphics, sound and a bios flash to make this mainboard compatible with windows 7 witch I have done. problem is the hot plug function or hot swap or whatever it is called when you swap hard drives does not work properly and I can barely burn a dvd without having some sort of problems, when safely removing hardware (one of my sata hard drives) then inserting a different hard drive I have to either restart my pc or scan for hardware changes to get my hard drive to be detected and work, there are a few other issues I am having witch I suspect have to do with the ahci driver from Microsoft as it is the only driver i can have installed. Another thing it doesn't matter what setup I have (sata as ide, ahci or raid) the newest drivers from nvidia won't install for storage actually it won't install for processor, storage, ethernet, smbus. but all these install fine when running xp or vista. I select nforce then 630a 7050 then windows 7 x64 then driver and download it try to install it but no only wants to install away mode witch is not supported by windows 7 x64 anyway, What can I do? I want to be able to use my pc properly but I don't want to have to resort to going back to xp.

Posted 01/27/2012 01:23 AM   
same problem here i hope they fix this.
i found that things work alot smother if i use a raid setup and also nforce driver installs the storage driver
same problem here i hope they fix this.

i found that things work alot smother if i use a raid setup and also nforce driver installs the storage driver

Posted 01/29/2012 12:55 PM   
i think the reason it doesn't install them, is because windows 7 already has those drivers built-in. (notice the drivers on nvidia site are from october 2009. this are earlier than windows 7.) not so in windows xp, so it installs there.
in ahci mode, windows 7 uses a generic ahci driver from icrosoft, it doesn't need anything from nvidia.
also your board uses a realtek network chip, so it won't install the nvidia networking stuff, as it is disabled on your board and replaced by that realtek (for good).
just go into the driver details in device manager, and see the vendor and version number of those drivers, and you might see they are already the same that are on the nvidia download page.
i think the reason it doesn't install them, is because windows 7 already has those drivers built-in. (notice the drivers on nvidia site are from october 2009. this are earlier than windows 7.) not so in windows xp, so it installs there.

in ahci mode, windows 7 uses a generic ahci driver from icrosoft, it doesn't need anything from nvidia.

also your board uses a realtek network chip, so it won't install the nvidia networking stuff, as it is disabled on your board and replaced by that realtek (for good).

just go into the driver details in device manager, and see the vendor and version number of those drivers, and you might see they are already the same that are on the nvidia download page.
Posted 01/30/2012 12:30 PM   
[quote name='VNDIAI' date='27 January 2012 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1327627392' post='1361115']Another thing it doesn't matter what setup I have (sata as ide, ahci or raid) the newest drivers from nvidia won't install for storage actually it won't install for processor, storage, ethernet, smbus. but all these install fine when running xp or vista. I select nforce then 630a 7050 then windows 7 x64 then driver and download it try to install it but no only wants to install away mode witch is not supported by windows 7 x64 anyway, What can I do? I want to be able to use my pc properly but I don't want to have to resort to going back to xp.[/quote]You are right: The nForce 560/520 (MCP65) and nForce 630a (MCP67) chipsets are very badly supported by NVIDIA. The latest official nForce chipset driverpacks do not support MCP65 and MCP67 systems and since NVIDIA gave up the nForce chipset support at all, you can not expect any better chipset drivers for your system in the future.
Nevertheless I have tried to bundle the latest Win7Vista nForce chipset drivers, which definitively do support MCP65 and MCP67 systems, to a special Win7Vista nForce driverpack. You can download the 64bit version from [url=http://win-lite.de/benutzer/fernando/NVIDIA/Chipsatz-Treiber/Win7/Fernandos%20Special%20MCP65-67%20nForce%20Driverpack%20for%20Win7Vista%2064bit%20v8.9.rar]>here<[/url]. This package contains amongst others a working nForce SATA driver, which you will be able to install it in AHCI mode. This way you may get rid of the generic MS AHCI driver.
[quote name='VNDIAI' date='27 January 2012 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1327627392' post='1361115']Another thing it doesn't matter what setup I have (sata as ide, ahci or raid) the newest drivers from nvidia won't install for storage actually it won't install for processor, storage, ethernet, smbus. but all these install fine when running xp or vista. I select nforce then 630a 7050 then windows 7 x64 then driver and download it try to install it but no only wants to install away mode witch is not supported by windows 7 x64 anyway, What can I do? I want to be able to use my pc properly but I don't want to have to resort to going back to xp.You are right: The nForce 560/520 (MCP65) and nForce 630a (MCP67) chipsets are very badly supported by NVIDIA. The latest official nForce chipset driverpacks do not support MCP65 and MCP67 systems and since NVIDIA gave up the nForce chipset support at all, you can not expect any better chipset drivers for your system in the future.

Nevertheless I have tried to bundle the latest Win7Vista nForce chipset drivers, which definitively do support MCP65 and MCP67 systems, to a special Win7Vista nForce driverpack. You can download the 64bit version from >here<. This package contains amongst others a working nForce SATA driver, which you will be able to install it in AHCI mode. This way you may get rid of the generic MS AHCI driver.

Posted 02/01/2012 08:09 PM   
I fixed the problem with my pc being unstable and having weird problems.
I set up a raid with 2 hard drives and now the nforce storage sata drivers install so I don't have to use the microsoft ones and now all my problems are gone, I knew there was a issue with the microsoft ahci driver, I even ran the microsoft fix it tool before I set up the raid stripe and it was reporting errors with the hard drive driver not rescanning also checking event viewer there was reported errors with the hard disk drivers, this was like this for years clean install after clean install and problem still persists but now changing to raid 0 striped then installing the nforce driver from nvidia this had made this pc work really good and completely stable. It still sux because this pc really doesn't seem that old to me I purchased it only a few years ago and it was one of the best motherboards the shop had.
I fixed the problem with my pc being unstable and having weird problems.

I set up a raid with 2 hard drives and now the nforce storage sata drivers install so I don't have to use the microsoft ones and now all my problems are gone, I knew there was a issue with the microsoft ahci driver, I even ran the microsoft fix it tool before I set up the raid stripe and it was reporting errors with the hard drive driver not rescanning also checking event viewer there was reported errors with the hard disk drivers, this was like this for years clean install after clean install and problem still persists but now changing to raid 0 striped then installing the nforce driver from nvidia this had made this pc work really good and completely stable. It still sux because this pc really doesn't seem that old to me I purchased it only a few years ago and it was one of the best motherboards the shop had.

Posted 02/02/2012 06:16 AM   
[quote name='Fernando' date='02 February 2012 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1328126977' post='1363797']
You are right: The nForce 560/520 (MCP65) and nForce 630a (MCP67) chipsets are very badly supported by NVIDIA. The latest official nForce chipset driverpacks do not support MCP65 and MCP67 systems and since NVIDIA gave up the nForce chipset support at all, you can not expect any better chipset drivers for your system in the future.
Nevertheless I have tried to bundle the latest Win7Vista nForce chipset drivers, which definitively do support MCP65 and MCP67 systems, to a special Win7Vista nForce driverpack. You can download the 64bit version from [url=http://win-lite.de/benutzer/fernando/NVIDIA/Chipsatz-Treiber/Win7/Fernandos%20Special%20MCP65-67%20nForce%20Driverpack%20for%20Win7Vista%2064bit%20v8.9.rar]>here<[/url]. This package contains amongst others a working nForce SATA driver, which you will be able to install it in AHCI mode. This way you may get rid of the generic MS AHCI driver.
[/quote]

thanks, I downloaded the driver pack and will keep it for next time I install my os on hard drives set as ahci as for now I all ready installed my os on a raid array before I read your post witch has fixed all problems I was having and I will just keep it in raid to I need to reinstall windows for some reasen then I will have it back as ahci and use them drivers.
[quote name='Fernando' date='02 February 2012 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1328126977' post='1363797']

You are right: The nForce 560/520 (MCP65) and nForce 630a (MCP67) chipsets are very badly supported by NVIDIA. The latest official nForce chipset driverpacks do not support MCP65 and MCP67 systems and since NVIDIA gave up the nForce chipset support at all, you can not expect any better chipset drivers for your system in the future.

Nevertheless I have tried to bundle the latest Win7Vista nForce chipset drivers, which definitively do support MCP65 and MCP67 systems, to a special Win7Vista nForce driverpack. You can download the 64bit version from >here<. This package contains amongst others a working nForce SATA driver, which you will be able to install it in AHCI mode. This way you may get rid of the generic MS AHCI driver.

thanks, I downloaded the driver pack and will keep it for next time I install my os on hard drives set as ahci as for now I all ready installed my os on a raid array before I read your post witch has fixed all problems I was having and I will just keep it in raid to I need to reinstall windows for some reasen then I will have it back as ahci and use them drivers.

Posted 02/02/2012 01:10 PM   
[quote name='bsh' date='30 January 2012 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1327926638' post='1362525']
[/quote]

You are wrong the network adapter is not realtek it is nvidia network adapter witch on xp uses nvidia drivers and uses nvidia network access manager, everything is nvidia, sound is nvida high def audio, onboard graphics are nvidia geforce 720 hence NVIDIA CHIPSET witch has both bridges n graphics built in on the one chip, the microsoft drivers for ahci might be newer then nvidia ones but there is a problem with microsofts ahci driver and i have let them know. I also believe it is up to nvidia to have a working ahci driver and I don't care how old the board is they need to still support it.
[quote name='bsh' date='30 January 2012 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1327926638' post='1362525']

You are wrong the network adapter is not realtek it is nvidia network adapter witch on xp uses nvidia drivers and uses nvidia network access manager, everything is nvidia, sound is nvida high def audio, onboard graphics are nvidia geforce 720 hence NVIDIA CHIPSET witch has both bridges n graphics built in on the one chip, the microsoft drivers for ahci might be newer then nvidia ones but there is a problem with microsofts ahci driver and i have let them know. I also believe it is up to nvidia to have a working ahci driver and I don't care how old the board is they need to still support it.

Posted 02/11/2012 08:37 AM   
[quote name='VNDIAI' date='11 February 2012 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1328949439' post='1368015']
[/quote]

[url="http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68PV-GS"]http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68PV-GS[/url]
Audio - 5.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio ([b]ALC662 Audio Codec[/b])
LAN - Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Giga PHY [b]Realtek RTL8211CL[/b]
[quote name='VNDIAI' date='11 February 2012 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1328949439' post='1368015']

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68PV-GS

Audio - 5.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio (ALC662 Audio Codec)

- Giga PHY Realtek RTL8211CL
Posted 02/11/2012 11:15 AM   
[quote name='bsh' date='11 February 2012 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1328958900' post='1368041']
[url="http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68PV-GS"]http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68PV-GS[/url]
Audio - 5.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio ([b]ALC662 Audio Codec[/b])
- Giga PHY [b]Realtek RTL8211CL[/b]
[/quote]

You are correct and I am wrong sorry, but every time I install this motherboard with the support cd for winxp along with the audio processor bus and allinone driver it installs a driver for a nvidia networking controller then after that it installs the nvidia network access manager thing so I always assumed the ethernet was nvidia, the audio is realteck and a nvidia high def. when installing ethernet I have never seen it install a driver for realteck network adapter, weird and ethernet works fine though.
[quote name='bsh' date='11 February 2012 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1328958900' post='1368041']

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68PV-GS

Audio - 5.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio (ALC662 Audio Codec)

- Giga PHY Realtek RTL8211CL

You are correct and I am wrong sorry, but every time I install this motherboard with the support cd for winxp along with the audio processor bus and allinone driver it installs a driver for a nvidia networking controller then after that it installs the nvidia network access manager thing so I always assumed the ethernet was nvidia, the audio is realteck and a nvidia high def. when installing ethernet I have never seen it install a driver for realteck network adapter, weird and ethernet works fine though.

Posted 02/12/2012 12:42 PM   
Scroll To Top