what are the benefits of running two cards in sli
I am a novice at pc's but maybe someone can help me with a very stupid question. I am planning on building my very first gaming rig and was thinking about getting two. evga GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB cards and was wandering what exactly is sli and what are the benefits of it. once again stupid question but what a better way to learn than ask the tech savvy personally
I am a novice at pc's but maybe someone can help me with a very stupid question. I am planning on building my very first gaming rig and was thinking about getting two. evga GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB cards and was wandering what exactly is sli and what are the benefits of it. once again stupid question but what a better way to learn than ask the tech savvy personally

Posted 01/26/2012 02:26 AM   
Most general consumers view it as a manner of increasing FPS drastically. However, those who are well educated know that FPS over 60 is usually wasted performance as monitors usually cannot display more then 60 fps unless it's a 120hz display, usually used for 3D technologies. Therefore, most enthusiasts use SLi if they play a set of games that they believe require a higher level of performance, to increase[u] minimum[/u] frame rates, then one card can provide, when maxed out. For example, Battlefield 3 cannot be maxed out on one card, however, buying a two card solution is a lot of money to spend for only one game, so it's up to the consumer, based on the games they play, whether it's worth it to them.
Most general consumers view it as a manner of increasing FPS drastically. However, those who are well educated know that FPS over 60 is usually wasted performance as monitors usually cannot display more then 60 fps unless it's a 120hz display, usually used for 3D technologies. Therefore, most enthusiasts use SLi if they play a set of games that they believe require a higher level of performance, to increase minimum frame rates, then one card can provide, when maxed out. For example, Battlefield 3 cannot be maxed out on one card, however, buying a two card solution is a lot of money to spend for only one game, so it's up to the consumer, based on the games they play, whether it's worth it to them.
[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='25 January 2012 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1327545257' post='1360714']
Most general consumers view it as a manner of increasing FPS drastically. However, those who are well educated know that FPS over 60 is usually wasted performance as monitors usually cannot display more then 60 fps unless it's a 120hz display, usually used for 3D technologies. Therefore, most enthusiasts use SLi if they play a set of games that they believe require a higher level of performance then one card can provide, when maxed out. For example, Battlefield 3 cannot be maxed out on one card, however, buying a two card solution is a lot of money to spend for only one game, so it's up to the consumer, based on the games they play, whether it's worth it to them.
[/quott

thank you that helps alot and and especially since i only had to wait a few minutes for the answer to my question much appreciated
[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='25 January 2012 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1327545257' post='1360714']

Most general consumers view it as a manner of increasing FPS drastically. However, those who are well educated know that FPS over 60 is usually wasted performance as monitors usually cannot display more then 60 fps unless it's a 120hz display, usually used for 3D technologies. Therefore, most enthusiasts use SLi if they play a set of games that they believe require a higher level of performance then one card can provide, when maxed out. For example, Battlefield 3 cannot be maxed out on one card, however, buying a two card solution is a lot of money to spend for only one game, so it's up to the consumer, based on the games they play, whether it's worth it to them.

[/quott

thank you that helps alot and and especially since i only had to wait a few minutes for the answer to my question much appreciated

Posted 01/26/2012 02:40 AM   
[quote name='onesuace9381' date='25 January 2012 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1327545657' post='1360716']

[/quote]

No problem
[quote name='onesuace9381' date='25 January 2012 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1327545657' post='1360716']

No problem
Scroll To Top