The GTX 580 give away, why for Canada and US only?
You are giving prizes to your customers. Your customers are located in all countries of the world, why the hell do you limit those who are eligible to participate in the prize drawing to citizens of the US or Canada only ?? Do you think owners of your cards in the rest of the world find Nvidia cards in the street and do not buy them with their precious money? We actually pay for your products double the price your customers in Can and US pay, so is that not so sick ??
You are giving prizes to your customers. Your customers are located in all countries of the world, why the hell do you limit those who are eligible to participate in the prize drawing to citizens of the US or Canada only ?? Do you think owners of your cards in the rest of the world find Nvidia cards in the street and do not buy them with their precious money? We actually pay for your products double the price your customers in Can and US pay, so is that not so sick ??

Posted 01/25/2012 01:54 PM   
It's probably a legal restriction they couldn't get straighten out in time for the contest.

This is very normal for all companies when it comes to an online sweepstakes.

They've had other contests that included more countries and I'm sure they will have other contests you can participate in the future.
It's probably a legal restriction they couldn't get straighten out in time for the contest.

This is very normal for all companies when it comes to an online sweepstakes.

They've had other contests that included more countries and I'm sure they will have other contests you can participate in the future.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 01/25/2012 02:59 PM   
Thanx, but NO, the previous contest as well was limited to US and Canada customers only!! Otherwise I wouldnt have complained that much !
Thanx, but NO, the previous contest as well was limited to US and Canada customers only!! Otherwise I wouldnt have complained that much !

Posted 01/25/2012 03:01 PM   
Shrug, the “12 Days of Gear Up Giving” sweepstakes was opened to the UK, US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, and Norway.

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=218357&st=0&p=1342153&hl=contest&fromsearch=1&#entry1342153"]http://forums.nvidia...1&#entry1342153[/url]
Shrug, the “12 Days of Gear Up Giving” sweepstakes was opened to the UK, US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, and Norway.

http://forums.nvidia...1&#entry1342153

Posted 01/25/2012 03:36 PM   
You are not talking to Nvidia here, this is the public forum and they are not reading this, you would have to contact them directly from the regular website.
You are not talking to Nvidia here, this is the public forum and they are not reading this, you would have to contact them directly from the regular website.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 01/25/2012 03:44 PM   
I happen to be living not in UK, US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, or Norway, but in Palestine,which is actually a place where the whole UN laws and resolutions are being mocked and violated... so if the issue is related to "legal" matters, will there be any chance that we'd be allowed into next giveaways ? :)
I happen to be living not in UK, US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, or Norway, but in Palestine,which is actually a place where the whole UN laws and resolutions are being mocked and violated... so if the issue is related to "legal" matters, will there be any chance that we'd be allowed into next giveaways ? :)

Posted 01/25/2012 03:45 PM   
Dear Bobby, I spent 10 minutes trying to find a contact us or call us or criticize us link, but found nothing.
Dear Bobby, I spent 10 minutes trying to find a contact us or call us or criticize us link, but found nothing.

Posted 01/25/2012 03:47 PM   
The Crysis 2 Maximum Graphics Edition Contest ([url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=205061"]link[/url]) was

[quote]OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
(EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS),
CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, FINLAND,
NORWAY, THE NETHERLANDS, INDIA, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING HONG
KONG AND MACAU), TAIWAN, SOUTH KOREA, JAPAN, FRANCE, RUSSIA,
SWEDEN AND DENMARK.[/quote]
Source: [url="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1Tf9_aKJbr-OTk1MTlmYmYtNjU1Zi00Zjg1LThhODktZmRhZDJkZjhkZDlj&hl=en_US"]Here[/url]

So each contest will have different country restrictions. The latest one just happens to be US and Canada only.
The Crysis 2 Maximum Graphics Edition Contest (link) was

OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

(EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS),

CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, FINLAND,

NORWAY, THE NETHERLANDS, INDIA, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING HONG

KONG AND MACAU), TAIWAN, SOUTH KOREA, JAPAN, FRANCE, RUSSIA,

SWEDEN AND DENMARK.

Source: Here

So each contest will have different country restrictions. The latest one just happens to be US and Canada only.

Posted 01/25/2012 03:49 PM   
bLuDrGn Thanx for explaining things. If you were a US citizen, you most probably wont experience that feeling when you want to happily participate a prize drawing, and find out that it is "US and Canada" only, or "ANYTHING BUT NOT YOUR COUNTRY".. it sucks. That is why I am complaining, why dont they just care to make it possible for everyone to participate, I am sure it is "legally" attainable.

Anyway, I was angry and wanted to release some of that anger. You can simply ignore this topic from now on :)
bLuDrGn Thanx for explaining things. If you were a US citizen, you most probably wont experience that feeling when you want to happily participate a prize drawing, and find out that it is "US and Canada" only, or "ANYTHING BUT NOT YOUR COUNTRY".. it sucks. That is why I am complaining, why dont they just care to make it possible for everyone to participate, I am sure it is "legally" attainable.

Anyway, I was angry and wanted to release some of that anger. You can simply ignore this topic from now on :)

Posted 01/25/2012 03:55 PM   
We appreciate all of our fans and users, across the globe and we share your frustration with not being able to host a broader audience sweeps and promos.

Unfortunately it's not possible to do a world-wide promotional giveaway that would follow the specific laws of each country and territory. Contest requirements for one country can be illegal in another.

One of the "hidden" costs of doing any type of promotional giveway, sweepstakes or contest is the legal research required to ensure that the giveaway, sweeps or contest is legal in the areas it's beeing promoted and advertised. It's a fairly significant sum, in addition it takes time.

Rest assured, we do run promotions that aren't US-based from some of our other offices. I hope you get the chance to participate soon. :)

Amorphous

[quote name='iceq' date='25 January 2012 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1327506923' post='1360466']

[/quote]
We appreciate all of our fans and users, across the globe and we share your frustration with not being able to host a broader audience sweeps and promos.

Unfortunately it's not possible to do a world-wide promotional giveaway that would follow the specific laws of each country and territory. Contest requirements for one country can be illegal in another.

One of the "hidden" costs of doing any type of promotional giveway, sweepstakes or contest is the legal research required to ensure that the giveaway, sweeps or contest is legal in the areas it's beeing promoted and advertised. It's a fairly significant sum, in addition it takes time.

Rest assured, we do run promotions that aren't US-based from some of our other offices. I hope you get the chance to participate soon. :)

Amorphous

[quote name='iceq' date='25 January 2012 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1327506923' post='1360466']

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 01/27/2012 12:37 AM   
Scroll To Top