Help Battlefield 3 + GTX 560 Ti
This is my PC:

Quad Core Q8300 2.5 GHz

4 Gb RAM DDR2 1066

N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (1 GB version)

I play with a resolution of 1280 x 1024. I can play with ultra settings in campaign with stable and ~40+ FPS.

Then I try the multiplayer, and problems come: I can't play it properly even with high settings (remember the resolution). I had some troubles like frozen window but when I installed the beta drivers 290.53 that problems disapeared. But the problem with the graphic settings continues. My GPU has a 880 MHz Core Clock.

I read on the internet that 1 GB of memory is not enough to play BF3 with ultra settings at multiplayer, but I think it should be enough to play it with that settings and a resolution of 1280 x 1024.

Am I wrong? If I am not, please help me.

Thanks.
This is my PC:

Quad Core Q8300 2.5 GHz

4 Gb RAM DDR2 1066

N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (1 GB version)

I play with a resolution of 1280 x 1024. I can play with ultra settings in campaign with stable and ~40+ FPS.

Then I try the multiplayer, and problems come: I can't play it properly even with high settings (remember the resolution). I had some troubles like frozen window but when I installed the beta drivers 290.53 that problems disapeared. But the problem with the graphic settings continues. My GPU has a 880 MHz Core Clock.

I read on the internet that 1 GB of memory is not enough to play BF3 with ultra settings at multiplayer, but I think it should be enough to play it with that settings and a resolution of 1280 x 1024.

Am I wrong? If I am not, please help me.

Thanks.

Posted 01/23/2012 11:59 AM   
There is nothing you can do..it is not your computer or video card.

the new 285 version SUCKS!!! The NVLDDMKM.SYS file is corrupted on ALL DOWNLOADS and causing all kinds of problems on ALL GEFORCE Cards..

You can only wait and see if Nvidia gets off their butt and reads the internet with ALL the problems people are having now.

the new 285 version SUCKS!!! The NVLDDMKM.SYS file is corrupted on ALL DOWNLOADS and causing all kinds of problems on ALL GEFORCE Cards..

You can only wait and see if Nvidia gets off their butt and reads the internet with ALL the problems people are having now.

Posted 01/27/2012 06:56 PM   
[quote name='azsonny' date='27 January 2012 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1327690607' post='1361474']

[/quote]

Thanks mate, let's wait then /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='azsonny' date='27 January 2012 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1327690607' post='1361474']

Thanks mate, let's wait then /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 01/27/2012 08:23 PM   
Lignito, in the future I suggest you pay attention to post count. Azsonny has no idea what he's talking about.

The problem is your processor is too slow & your vRAM is probably inadequate to handle the Multiplayer. It is more demanding than the Single Player, by quite a bit.

Install MSI Afterburner, go in to Multiplayer & check your vRAM usage (turn on On-Screen Display & make sure FPS & vRAM usage are set to display in game).

I have ran BF3 on both the 285.66s (customized for my GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Classifieds by eVGA) & the newer 290.53s, and had no lag issues at all.

I suggest a mix of Medium & High Settings, & turning AA Post Processing off completely. Pretty much anything that has to do with CPU you're going to want to turn down a lot because the Q8200 is trash nowadays. Your GTX 560 Ti can handle the game on High, if it were in a proper system to support it.

Also, since GPU usage is higher in MP, I'm curious, what is your Power Supply Maker, Model & Wattage?
Lignito, in the future I suggest you pay attention to post count. Azsonny has no idea what he's talking about.

The problem is your processor is too slow & your vRAM is probably inadequate to handle the Multiplayer. It is more demanding than the Single Player, by quite a bit.

Install MSI Afterburner, go in to Multiplayer & check your vRAM usage (turn on On-Screen Display & make sure FPS & vRAM usage are set to display in game).

I have ran BF3 on both the 285.66s (customized for my GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Classifieds by eVGA) & the newer 290.53s, and had no lag issues at all.

I suggest a mix of Medium & High Settings, & turning AA Post Processing off completely. Pretty much anything that has to do with CPU you're going to want to turn down a lot because the Q8200 is trash nowadays. Your GTX 560 Ti can handle the game on High, if it were in a proper system to support it.

Also, since GPU usage is higher in MP, I'm curious, what is your Power Supply Maker, Model & Wattage?

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 01/28/2012 07:27 AM   
But would the fella need as much vram if using stated res?
But yeah, like the Badger says, CPU's too weak, unfortunately.
It's cause it needs to keep track of all the players online, but in campaign it only has to worry about you.
But would the fella need as much vram if using stated res?

But yeah, like the Badger says, CPU's too weak, unfortunately.

It's cause it needs to keep track of all the players online, but in campaign it only has to worry about you.

i5 3570k @4.8
Gigabyte z77x up4 th
680 Classified
8gb Dominator GT @2400
xfx 850w psu /Win8.1

Posted 01/28/2012 08:54 AM   
The problem is even at 1280x1024, if you're trying to run High or Ultra, you may STILL see 1GB or nearly 1G of vRAM usage, or more, on the multiplayer. There aren't really any Single Player maps that load as much simultaneously as even Operation Metro on the MP. If you get on to the bigger maps, like Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm or Caspian Border, forget about it if you've got more than 10 players around, your 1GB is out the window probably, and so is your CPU's ability to handle things on that high of settings.
The problem is even at 1280x1024, if you're trying to run High or Ultra, you may STILL see 1GB or nearly 1G of vRAM usage, or more, on the multiplayer. There aren't really any Single Player maps that load as much simultaneously as even Operation Metro on the MP. If you get on to the bigger maps, like Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm or Caspian Border, forget about it if you've got more than 10 players around, your 1GB is out the window probably, and so is your CPU's ability to handle things on that high of settings.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 01/28/2012 09:01 AM   
I see, I just thought that at 1280 x 1024 1GB of VRAM would be enough. However Honey Badger is right.

Well, my power supply is a LC6600GP2 V2.3 600W. LC Power is the maker. I think I will have to change the motherboard-cpu-ram in the future.

Thanks to all of you /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
I see, I just thought that at 1280 x 1024 1GB of VRAM would be enough. However Honey Badger is right.

Well, my power supply is a LC6600GP2 V2.3 600W. LC Power is the maker. I think I will have to change the motherboard-cpu-ram in the future.

Thanks to all of you /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 01/28/2012 10:49 PM   
Might be your PSU that's part of the problem too. As I said, higher power draw on the system in MP. Perhaps look in to upgrading that first, as it's better to have ample power than borderline enough. Corsair's CX600 or TX 750W would serve you much better, and they aren't too awefully expensive, and the 750W unit would last you for at least 5-7 years before it needed replacing again.
Might be your PSU that's part of the problem too. As I said, higher power draw on the system in MP. Perhaps look in to upgrading that first, as it's better to have ample power than borderline enough. Corsair's CX600 or TX 750W would serve you much better, and they aren't too awefully expensive, and the 750W unit would last you for at least 5-7 years before it needed replacing again.

Posted 01/29/2012 08:24 AM   
Scroll To Top