Star Trek Online for free I know you know but i didnt know
So anyone else try this. I remember that there were some steep pricing for this game when it launched, lifetime subscriptions over $200 and such. Now its free (got to PO the originals who bought) with micro transactions. Downloaded it last night to give myself a break from bf3 and skyrim addiction. Overall its pretty good for a free game, not bad graphics, good story line so far (love to hate the borg-seven of nine {jerri ryan-so hot}-i called her "guns"), space movemet sucks so far but im sure ill get use to it. Best part for me is the sound effects, sounds, brings back good memorys. I was going to make my charactor look like a freak from second life (Wow ah)but decided to go with a normal apperance this time around.

For free its a nice game to have on the back burner for when your main games get boring from overplay.

I think this was a bad hair day for her
[attachment=30959:sevnine4.jpg]
So anyone else try this. I remember that there were some steep pricing for this game when it launched, lifetime subscriptions over $200 and such. Now its free (got to PO the originals who bought) with micro transactions. Downloaded it last night to give myself a break from bf3 and skyrim addiction. Overall its pretty good for a free game, not bad graphics, good story line so far (love to hate the borg-seven of nine {jerri ryan-so hot}-i called her "guns"), space movemet sucks so far but im sure ill get use to it. Best part for me is the sound effects, sounds, brings back good memorys. I was going to make my charactor look like a freak from second life (Wow ah)but decided to go with a normal apperance this time around.

For free its a nice game to have on the back burner for when your main games get boring from overplay.

Posted 01/20/2012 03:54 AM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='19 January 2012 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1327031657' post='1358159']

[/quote]

I was so disappointed in this game when it came out --is it any better?
[quote name='cravinmild' date='19 January 2012 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1327031657' post='1358159']

I was so disappointed in this game when it came out --is it any better?

Done.

Posted 01/20/2012 05:22 AM   
Strange as i was really hoping that swol was going to be my next big game but i really didnt like it, run and fetch, run and fetch. In all honestly i lost interest before i left the planet. STO was not even something i was looking to play but I kind of liked the little i have played so far (like two hours). Ill play some more this weekend to decide if im going to invest serious time into it, nothing much coming out for big releases so STO could be a good hold ya over.
Strange as i was really hoping that swol was going to be my next big game but i really didnt like it, run and fetch, run and fetch. In all honestly i lost interest before i left the planet. STO was not even something i was looking to play but I kind of liked the little i have played so far (like two hours). Ill play some more this weekend to decide if im going to invest serious time into it, nothing much coming out for big releases so STO could be a good hold ya over.
Posted 01/20/2012 07:22 AM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='20 January 2012 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1327044157' post='1358206']
[/quote]

I'm about to cap a second toon in SWTOR.
[quote name='cravinmild' date='20 January 2012 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1327044157' post='1358206']

I'm about to cap a second toon in SWTOR.

Done.

Posted 01/20/2012 07:24 AM   
My advice is enjoy everything STO has to offer. Don't "rush to Admiral", because once you top out it gets repetitive. There are a lot of fun missions along the way, and if you're a true Trek fan you'll appreciate them even more.

[img]http://www.animateit.net/data/media/august2009/Enterprise104.gif[/img]

I was a paying subscriber, but yeah I'm sure glad I didn't fork over for the "Lifetime" option!
My advice is enjoy everything STO has to offer. Don't "rush to Admiral", because once you top out it gets repetitive. There are a lot of fun missions along the way, and if you're a true Trek fan you'll appreciate them even more.

I was a paying subscriber, but yeah I'm sure glad I didn't fork over for the "Lifetime" option!

Posted 02/27/2012 08:10 AM   
I just started playing a couple weeks ago, and I'm already admiral. The nice thing about the game is that the quests tune to your level... so if you STARTED at admiral, you could play thorugh all of the "seasons". It's not like it would be a cake walk. You can also redo the "episodes" to get your pick of gear again, and the rewards match the level of the quest when it was picked up (pickup a quest at lvl 20, and it will have lvl 20 gear. pick it up at 50, and it will have lvl 50 gear). So far, I think the game is a blast, and I like that they come out with a new episode every week. It may not be much, but it's a couple hours of new content once every week. That outside of the other daily stuff, and there's an OK amount of content. Plus, there's thousands of community made quests (yes... players can use the "Foundry" to make their own quests), and some of them are quite fun. Players can rank the quests that play, so you can go through and play ones that have very high ratings... so you know it will most likely be pretty good.

Yeah... with all of that, I'd say it's totally worth looking into.
I just started playing a couple weeks ago, and I'm already admiral. The nice thing about the game is that the quests tune to your level... so if you STARTED at admiral, you could play thorugh all of the "seasons". It's not like it would be a cake walk. You can also redo the "episodes" to get your pick of gear again, and the rewards match the level of the quest when it was picked up (pickup a quest at lvl 20, and it will have lvl 20 gear. pick it up at 50, and it will have lvl 50 gear). So far, I think the game is a blast, and I like that they come out with a new episode every week. It may not be much, but it's a couple hours of new content once every week. That outside of the other daily stuff, and there's an OK amount of content. Plus, there's thousands of community made quests (yes... players can use the "Foundry" to make their own quests), and some of them are quite fun. Players can rank the quests that play, so you can go through and play ones that have very high ratings... so you know it will most likely be pretty good.

Yeah... with all of that, I'd say it's totally worth looking into.

Posted 03/05/2012 09:30 PM   
Are you playing Star Trek Online? See if you share the same points made in this latest [url="http://www.mmohunter.com/star-trek-online.html"]Star Trek Online[/url] preview.
Are you playing Star Trek Online? See if you share the same points made in this latest Star Trek Online preview.

Posted 04/24/2012 09:03 AM   
actually I love playing this game, but since the game is now free to play, i would like to check other [url=http://www.mmowood.com]free mmorpg[/url] games.
actually I love playing this game, but since the game is now free to play, i would like to check other free mmorpg games.

Posted 01/02/2013 08:51 AM   
Scroll To Top