bf2 + nvidia drivers over 275.33 are broken
ok nvidia,
i'm not a computer or programer expert but i am not a novice either.
i am a beta tester for the worlds largest producer of ssds and i also repair and donate used computers to a worthy cause(computers for children).
a have 4 nvidia based rigs that can easily play bf2 but not with any driver version over 275.33
the issue is ctd (crash to desktop for the un-initiated).
i know only 300k are still playing the best fps of all time (battlefield 2) so it is probably not high up on your to do list but this is really forcing many users away from your products.
now all my nvidia based rigs are hogtied to older drivers because running bf2 is a mandatory prerequisite.

the sad part is i just ordered another $240 card from your competition because i now know though testing it will play bf2/bf3/skyrim.. with a moderate o.c. all on a single machine.
please tell me when this issue will be addressed or just come out and state nvidia sees it as a legacy game they no longer support.

please tell me not to sway the several people who ask me for advice weekly away from your products.
ok nvidia,

i'm not a computer or programer expert but i am not a novice either.

i am a beta tester for the worlds largest producer of ssds and i also repair and donate used computers to a worthy cause(computers for children).

a have 4 nvidia based rigs that can easily play bf2 but not with any driver version over 275.33

the issue is ctd (crash to desktop for the un-initiated).

i know only 300k are still playing the best fps of all time (battlefield 2) so it is probably not high up on your to do list but this is really forcing many users away from your products.

now all my nvidia based rigs are hogtied to older drivers because running bf2 is a mandatory prerequisite.

the sad part is i just ordered another $240 card from your competition because i now know though testing it will play bf2/bf3/skyrim.. with a moderate o.c. all on a single machine.

please tell me when this issue will be addressed or just come out and state nvidia sees it as a legacy game they no longer support.

please tell me not to sway the several people who ask me for advice weekly away from your products.

Posted 01/19/2012 09:53 PM   
there must not be enough nvidia employees/reps here to survey the threads.
hopefully they are all writing code and a fix is right around the corner.
you are very close to losing a good customer.
there must not be enough nvidia employees/reps here to survey the threads.

hopefully they are all writing code and a fix is right around the corner.

you are very close to losing a good customer.

Posted 01/20/2012 11:06 AM   
i submitted a bug report and sent the issue to customer support.
i will update as to what the response is.

Posted 01/20/2012 02:05 PM   
[quote name='tuney' date='20 January 2012 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1327068339' post='1358318']
[/quote]

Thank GOD I found this post!!!! This issue has been DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nvidia Please FIX YOUR DRIVERS!!!!!!
[quote name='tuney' date='20 January 2012 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1327068339' post='1358318']

Thank GOD I found this post!!!! This issue has been DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nvidia Please FIX YOUR DRIVERS!!!!!!

Posted 01/27/2012 11:40 PM   
Any info?
Any info?

Posted 01/30/2012 04:13 AM   
[quote name='peck1234' date='29 January 2012 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1327896835' post='1362420']
Any info?
[/quote]

Not one crash since I downgraded to 275.33!!!
[quote name='peck1234' date='29 January 2012 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1327896835' post='1362420']

Any info?

Not one crash since I downgraded to 275.33!!!

Posted 01/31/2012 08:02 AM   
glad this helped you.
what is going on w/ nvidia no new drivers for months?
anyone with ssd questions can go to ocztechnology forums and have some interesting reads.
can't talk about competitors products though.
glad this helped you.

what is going on w/ nvidia no new drivers for months?

anyone with ssd questions can go to ocztechnology forums and have some interesting reads.

can't talk about competitors products though.

Posted 01/31/2012 10:49 AM   
why have does nvidia have a forum and not have enough staff to answer valid questions????
now i have two high end gaming machines that can either play bf2 with 275.33 or modern games on new drivers, not both.
why have does nvidia have a forum and not have enough staff to answer valid questions????

now i have two high end gaming machines that can either play bf2 with 275.33 or modern games on new drivers, not both.

Posted 02/01/2012 01:28 AM   
the new beta 295.51 got through a couple games then ctd again.
this suks .
the new beta 295.51 got through a couple games then ctd again.

this suks .

Posted 02/11/2012 03:26 AM   
Any luck on the latest drivers tuney?
Any luck on the latest drivers tuney?

Posted 02/21/2012 07:58 PM   
these awesome guys found the fix, two days and no ctd;
http://www.england-clan.co.uk/eng_modules/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?17715
these awesome guys found the fix, two days and no ctd;

http://www.england-clan.co.uk/eng_modules/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?17715

Posted 02/22/2012 03:01 AM   
been suffering with this issue for many months now and nvidia clearly dont give a dam as they have never fixed the issue
Every driver since 275.33 on my GTX 470 SLI setup and not 1 of them works, v sinc fix dont seem to work aswell

what ive had to do is keep changing between new drivers to play newer games and then switch back to 275.33 for bf2 , a right royal pain in the ass, really hoped Nvidia would off fixed this by now

Now my issue is i am at the point where im looking at upgrading my graphics cards and seeing as the new 6xx cards wont run on a driver as old as 275.33, that means no driver for BF2 !!

Forcing me to buy an AMD card for the very first time ever. having only had nvidia cards back from the days of the old Riva TNT i just hope the transition from Nvidia to AMD is not a painful one

Just lost a customer of over 10 years, Nice knowing you Nvidia
been suffering with this issue for many months now and nvidia clearly dont give a dam as they have never fixed the issue

Every driver since 275.33 on my GTX 470 SLI setup and not 1 of them works, v sinc fix dont seem to work aswell

what ive had to do is keep changing between new drivers to play newer games and then switch back to 275.33 for bf2 , a right royal pain in the ass, really hoped Nvidia would off fixed this by now

Now my issue is i am at the point where im looking at upgrading my graphics cards and seeing as the new 6xx cards wont run on a driver as old as 275.33, that means no driver for BF2 !!

Forcing me to buy an AMD card for the very first time ever. having only had nvidia cards back from the days of the old Riva TNT i just hope the transition from Nvidia to AMD is not a painful one

Just lost a customer of over 10 years, Nice knowing you Nvidia

Posted 05/21/2012 12:57 AM   
Scroll To Top