Bottlenecking
Hello i have a gigabyte gtx 560 ti factory oced to 900mhz and an intel i5-2300 2.8GHz oced to 3.1GHz and i just wanted to know if there could be a chance that the card is bottlenecking the cpu or vise versa.

and thanks to anyone that assists me.
Hello i have a gigabyte gtx 560 ti factory oced to 900mhz and an intel i5-2300 2.8GHz oced to 3.1GHz and i just wanted to know if there could be a chance that the card is bottlenecking the cpu or vise versa.

Graphics: Gigabyte Gtx 560 Ti 1GB (Factory OC)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2300

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 (BIOS VERSION F7)

RAM: 8GB

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650

Display: Dell U2311H

Audio: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Posted 01/19/2012 12:16 AM   
[quote name='PorcupineTree' date='18 January 2012 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1326932208' post='1357704']

[/quote]

[i]You can diagnose your own bottleneck quite easily. Simply use MSI Afterburner, or EVGA Precision. Open the GPU chart, Right-Click on the chart, select Reset from the window, enter a benchmark directly after, and when it is complete observe the usage spikes on the GPU. If they are quite small and consistent in nature you have a near extinguished bottleneck from CPU given information to GPU utilization of said information. Observing percentages is extremely useful when skeptical of GPU consumption during a full-screen or windowed application.

If there is in fact a bottleneck it will come from your CPU delivering information to the 560ti. It is extremely rare for a CPU to outperform a GPU, simply based on the nature of operation and task assigned. [/i]

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]I can tell you, that you have one based on the frequency in conjunction with processor selection, but it is better that people learn rather than simply be told from those who have learned.[/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='PorcupineTree' date='18 January 2012 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1326932208' post='1357704']

You can diagnose your own bottleneck quite easily. Simply use MSI Afterburner, or EVGA Precision. Open the GPU chart, Right-Click on the chart, select Reset from the window, enter a benchmark directly after, and when it is complete observe the usage spikes on the GPU. If they are quite small and consistent in nature you have a near extinguished bottleneck from CPU given information to GPU utilization of said information. Observing percentages is extremely useful when skeptical of GPU consumption during a full-screen or windowed application.

If there is in fact a bottleneck it will come from your CPU delivering information to the 560ti. It is extremely rare for a CPU to outperform a GPU, simply based on the nature of operation and task assigned.

EDIT: I can tell you, that you have one based on the frequency in conjunction with processor selection, but it is better that people learn rather than simply be told from those who have learned.

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 01/19/2012 12:54 AM   
Tha'ts a SB processor. Even at stock it won't bottleneck a GTX560Ti /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
Tha'ts a SB processor. Even at stock it won't bottleneck a GTX560Ti /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Currently playing: BF3 - DotA 2

CPU Phenom II X4 965 - 3.6ghz

RAMS Team Xtreem Dark DDR2 1066 4GB

Mobo Asrock 780gm-le

Graphics GTX 460 1GB

Monitor 22" Samsung LCD 1920x1080

PSU Antec TruePower New 750W

Case NZXT Gamma

KMS Logitech G15v1, A4tech x7 XL-747H

9800xt - 2600xt - hd3870 - hd4850 - gtx460(768mb) - gtx570 - gts450 - gtx460(1gb)

Posted 01/19/2012 02:04 AM   
First of all i just want to say thanks a lot for replaying...
And i did ran a benchmark which my gpu usage was at 98% between 99% after that it went back to 0% and every once in a while it spikes to 1% and back to 0%
so as i understood there is no bottlenecking..oh and would you recommend taking the cpu clocks back to stock?

and yet again thanks for helping out.
First of all i just want to say thanks a lot for replaying...

And i did ran a benchmark which my gpu usage was at 98% between 99% after that it went back to 0% and every once in a while it spikes to 1% and back to 0%

so as i understood there is no bottlenecking..oh and would you recommend taking the cpu clocks back to stock?

and yet again thanks for helping out.

Graphics: Gigabyte Gtx 560 Ti 1GB (Factory OC)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2300

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 (BIOS VERSION F7)

RAM: 8GB

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650

Display: Dell U2311H

Audio: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Posted 01/19/2012 02:23 AM   
Scroll To Top