When will we get more options? Nvidia Surround Options
So, it surround (NOT 3d) has been an option now for a year or so, maybe two. Eyefinity provides the end user with much better options on monitor setup, usage etc. I don't mind needing SLI to run Surround, as most games will require two cards for the best performance anyhow. What I DO mind is that we can only run 3 monitors. I would really like to run 4 with one for browsing etc. With this next generation of cards (7xx or 6xx) will we get better and easier support? I love the performance and (up till about a year ago) the drivers from Nvidia. But, I am tired of being forced to setup the only way Nvidia allows me to.

Thanks!
So, it surround (NOT 3d) has been an option now for a year or so, maybe two. Eyefinity provides the end user with much better options on monitor setup, usage etc. I don't mind needing SLI to run Surround, as most games will require two cards for the best performance anyhow. What I DO mind is that we can only run 3 monitors. I would really like to run 4 with one for browsing etc. With this next generation of cards (7xx or 6xx) will we get better and easier support? I love the performance and (up till about a year ago) the drivers from Nvidia. But, I am tired of being forced to setup the only way Nvidia allows me to.

Thanks!

3930k@4.4GHz (H20) // 3 x EVGA 680 GTX (H20)
EVGA X79 Classified // 16GB Corsair 1600 Vengeance
Corsair AX1200 // Crucial M4 256 // WD 2TB //
2 x Black Ice 240 Rad // Swiffy MCP 35B // Xspc Raystorm

Posted 01/18/2012 10:30 PM   
+1 /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />
+1 /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)
Post here for support for 3D in BF4, BF devs will see it

Posted 01/21/2012 07:57 PM   
We will not get more options.
I have been keeping an eye on these forums since 09, and in that time I have seen many people ask if we can have better surround vision support. I have seen at least 2 software developers come through here, telling nvidia how to go about providing better support. What options we needed (and many community people supported these options. Some of which included the ability to manually adjust game profiles for both surround and 3d, as well as the ability to have all 3 monitors active while running sli, instead of sli being disabled once you select activate all displays), and how to implement in psudocode.

When someone from nvidia bothered to respond, the response was simply "We are aware of the problem, and are looking into it". Clearly they have no desire to provide support to the feature. They see 3d vision as a fad not worth their time or effort to support, and consider surround vision even less.

I also remember one rep from nvidia claiming the reason we do not have better desktop support is that the operating system (vista + seven) do not allow it. This was in response to someone asking why we had great desktop support in xp, but the application fails to run under vista/seven. Said community member then pointed out in response that this part of the nvidia control panel functions under quadro drivers (I think it is quadro) on vista and seven, even under 64bit os. Then someone else pointed out that quadro and gaming cards use the same hard ware. It is just the software that differs.
We will not get more options.

I have been keeping an eye on these forums since 09, and in that time I have seen many people ask if we can have better surround vision support. I have seen at least 2 software developers come through here, telling nvidia how to go about providing better support. What options we needed (and many community people supported these options. Some of which included the ability to manually adjust game profiles for both surround and 3d, as well as the ability to have all 3 monitors active while running sli, instead of sli being disabled once you select activate all displays), and how to implement in psudocode.

When someone from nvidia bothered to respond, the response was simply "We are aware of the problem, and are looking into it". Clearly they have no desire to provide support to the feature. They see 3d vision as a fad not worth their time or effort to support, and consider surround vision even less.

I also remember one rep from nvidia claiming the reason we do not have better desktop support is that the operating system (vista + seven) do not allow it. This was in response to someone asking why we had great desktop support in xp, but the application fails to run under vista/seven. Said community member then pointed out in response that this part of the nvidia control panel functions under quadro drivers (I think it is quadro) on vista and seven, even under 64bit os. Then someone else pointed out that quadro and gaming cards use the same hard ware. It is just the software that differs.

Posted 01/22/2012 02:46 AM   
Well if what you say is true, I will be giving AMD my money (and a LOT of it) from here on out. It is now obvious that AMD is the only company that cares about what the end user wants.... I can get almost equal performance from any high end AMD card and get the options to boot.

Wake up Nvidia, stop being lazy.
Well if what you say is true, I will be giving AMD my money (and a LOT of it) from here on out. It is now obvious that AMD is the only company that cares about what the end user wants.... I can get almost equal performance from any high end AMD card and get the options to boot.

Wake up Nvidia, stop being lazy.

3930k@4.4GHz (H20) // 3 x EVGA 680 GTX (H20)
EVGA X79 Classified // 16GB Corsair 1600 Vengeance
Corsair AX1200 // Crucial M4 256 // WD 2TB //
2 x Black Ice 240 Rad // Swiffy MCP 35B // Xspc Raystorm

Posted 01/24/2012 02:07 AM   
Scroll To Top