nForce networking controller causing very high latency
I am currently running Windows Vista 32-bit home premium on a compaq presario CQ60-420SA notebook. I seem to have very high latency issues which i have narrowed down to the NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Networking Controller. All the drivers seem to be up to date and the problem started about early september. I have to use the ethernet adaptor to be able to browse the internet seeing as there is no wireless options available in my university halls.

The real problem is when it comes to music. I cannot listen to anything while browsing the net because most i hear is cracks/pops. Disabling the controller stops this but i need it to browse/play games...

Is there any workaround for this?
I am currently running Windows Vista 32-bit home premium on a compaq presario CQ60-420SA notebook. I seem to have very high latency issues which i have narrowed down to the NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Networking Controller. All the drivers seem to be up to date and the problem started about early september. I have to use the ethernet adaptor to be able to browse the internet seeing as there is no wireless options available in my university halls.

The real problem is when it comes to music. I cannot listen to anything while browsing the net because most i hear is cracks/pops. Disabling the controller stops this but i need it to browse/play games...

Is there any workaround for this?

Posted 01/17/2012 07:15 PM   
Go into BIOS and reset to factory defaults, uninstall driver, reboot, reinstall driver.

If that doesn't work, get one of these. You can connect a Cat-5 cable to your USB port:

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-USB300M-Cisco-Linksys-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B001NLV4TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326872297&sr=8-1
Go into BIOS and reset to factory defaults, uninstall driver, reboot, reinstall driver.

If that doesn't work, get one of these. You can connect a Cat-5 cable to your USB port:

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-USB300M-Cisco-Linksys-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B001NLV4TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326872297&sr=8-1

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 01/18/2012 07:37 AM   
I had a look in my BIOS but there was no option to restore to factory default settings... /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
I had a look in my BIOS but there was no option to restore to factory default settings... /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 01/18/2012 04:11 PM   
Generally it is on the exit page, may say optimal settings or default settings. Also if there is a setting for Clear NV RAM do that.

Have you tried replacing the cable or trying it at another location?

You could also get a cheap WIFI router and connect it to the Cat-5 cable they provide and create your own wifi network.
Generally it is on the exit page, may say optimal settings or default settings. Also if there is a setting for Clear NV RAM do that.

Have you tried replacing the cable or trying it at another location?

You could also get a cheap WIFI router and connect it to the Cat-5 cable they provide and create your own wifi network.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 01/18/2012 06:40 PM   
Hey again,

I reset BIOS to factory defaults, restarted. Uninstalled the actual driver from the machine and restarted that so the driver rolled back...however i was having no internet connection at all so had to do a system restore to before i uninstalled. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

This is seriously starting to annoy me now...can't listen to decent music or games because of this issue!
Hey again,

I reset BIOS to factory defaults, restarted. Uninstalled the actual driver from the machine and restarted that so the driver rolled back...however i was having no internet connection at all so had to do a system restore to before i uninstalled. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

This is seriously starting to annoy me now...can't listen to decent music or games because of this issue!

Posted 01/22/2012 10:56 PM   
Scroll To Top