Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has recovere
  1 / 3    
Hello,

I've got a new computer with these specs:

- Memory 8 gig
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 gig
- harddisk 500 gb
- CPUs Socket 1155 Coreâ„¢ i7-2600 (4x 3400 MHz)
- ModXStream Pro 600W (600 Watt)

When I want to play Call of Duty MW3 it starts. Then I select a mission and I see the video. But after the video when the mission should start, it stops and my screen turns black and on my desktop appears this.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has recovered"

What can I do against it? I'm using windows 7 64 bits.

Please help!
Hello,

I've got a new computer with these specs:

- Memory 8 gig

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 gig

- harddisk 500 gb

- CPUs Socket 1155 Coreâ„¢ i7-2600 (4x 3400 MHz)

- ModXStream Pro 600W (600 Watt)

When I want to play Call of Duty MW3 it starts. Then I select a mission and I see the video. But after the video when the mission should start, it stops and my screen turns black and on my desktop appears this.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has recovered"

What can I do against it? I'm using windows 7 64 bits.

Please help!

Posted 01/17/2012 04:16 PM   
I am having similar issues, running an eVGA 560 OC with an Intel i7-950 on an eVGA x58 FTW3 (12 G of Corsair RAM).
I have screen vertical artifacting, sometimes full black screen, with the same error message. This can be at anytime, not just within games.
Also, within some games, the screen goes black but the game is still running. Only a reboot can return control of the computer to me.

I have had the video card replaced three times -- each passed eVGA's testers -- and the motherboard as well. Nothing has fixed the problem. I tried using a GTX 260 without incident.

Anybody have any ideas?
I am having similar issues, running an eVGA 560 OC with an Intel i7-950 on an eVGA x58 FTW3 (12 G of Corsair RAM).

I have screen vertical artifacting, sometimes full black screen, with the same error message. This can be at anytime, not just within games.

Also, within some games, the screen goes black but the game is still running. Only a reboot can return control of the computer to me.

I have had the video card replaced three times -- each passed eVGA's testers -- and the motherboard as well. Nothing has fixed the problem. I tried using a GTX 260 without incident.

Anybody have any ideas?

Posted 01/18/2012 01:08 AM   
I get this too.

Have tried 275.33, 285.62, and 290 drivers - still get the TDRs.

It's always when playing a game though. Not overheating, it never goes above 75c or so.
I get this too.

Have tried 275.33, 285.62, and 290 drivers - still get the TDRs.

It's always when playing a game though. Not overheating, it never goes above 75c or so.

Intel i5 750 @ stock 2.67 ghz

EVGA GTX560 Ti FPB (underclocked currently)

6gb ram

Corsair CX600 600w PSU

Posted 01/18/2012 02:09 AM   
Same here... I run two monitors but I've also tried it with one and still has problems... I came home from school and it was acting weird so I restarted it 6 times and loaded the new beta drivers onto my laptop none of which helped me. My screen started "spazzing out" at one point in which I could only see my screen from an angle (like from the side of a triangle in which I had to manually shut off my computer then promptly looked up the problem and found this thread. I hadn't downloaded anything in the previous days to do anything like that. It doesn't happen when I enter a game, it happens when I start up my computer. Please help me too!

I have a 6GB RAM windows 7 64-bit Qosmio.
Please help!!!
Same here... I run two monitors but I've also tried it with one and still has problems... I came home from school and it was acting weird so I restarted it 6 times and loaded the new beta drivers onto my laptop none of which helped me. My screen started "spazzing out" at one point in which I could only see my screen from an angle (like from the side of a triangle in which I had to manually shut off my computer then promptly looked up the problem and found this thread. I hadn't downloaded anything in the previous days to do anything like that. It doesn't happen when I enter a game, it happens when I start up my computer. Please help me too!

I have a 6GB RAM windows 7 64-bit Qosmio.

Please help!!!

Posted 01/18/2012 11:12 PM   
Found this via google top link. I'm on single monitor atm, and its happened twice in the last 3 weeks or so, video feed to the monitor died momentary, rest itself and aero restarted itself, one time also in that period it did the same thing, but cold botted my pc, first time its done it since I built it some time ago. just starting to look into it, will post more if/when I find
Found this via google top link. I'm on single monitor atm, and its happened twice in the last 3 weeks or so, video feed to the monitor died momentary, rest itself and aero restarted itself, one time also in that period it did the same thing, but cold botted my pc, first time its done it since I built it some time ago. just starting to look into it, will post more if/when I find

Posted 01/19/2012 09:44 PM   
the display drivers are crashing while i watch youtube videos.
i have a gtx580 from evga, running driver version 290.36 because the latest driver won't let me load fraps videos into a movie editor, and the latest beta version was crashing.
i am not currently doing any overclocking. temperatures have been below 50 all day.

just figured i'd join in the fun here!
the display drivers are crashing while i watch youtube videos.

i have a gtx580 from evga, running driver version 290.36 because the latest driver won't let me load fraps videos into a movie editor, and the latest beta version was crashing.

i am not currently doing any overclocking. temperatures have been below 50 all day.

just figured i'd join in the fun here!

Posted 01/24/2012 01:15 AM   
I just wanted to chime in, because this has been happening with me for over a month now... Thought it was just minor instability but it seems to be worse some days than others.

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked card, and had it underclocked slightly to see if that may have been causing issues but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I get the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" once or twice a week, sometimes once a day as its very sporadic, and last night it did it 5 times in a row before my system actually bluescreened on me. This was a first. Usually the whole screen goes black for a second, then things suddenly clear up and it fixes.

Not sure about the rest of you guys, but I can tell its about to crash because weird artifacts start appearing on the screen, little bars of random colors, then parts of Aero will start flickering black, if you go to drag a window across the screen it leaves a trail of flashing black seizure bars behind it... If you're watching a video, mine seem to tear in a diagonal pattern, the top left half of the video will play normally while the bottom right diagonal half will freeze and lock up before stuttering. (Audio keeps playing, only the video goes weird.) Once it crashes I usually have to re-start whatever video app I was using and things are usually fine for a day or two afterwards.

I took a video with my iPhone and can try putting it on youtube if needed showing the crash from beginning to end.

nVidia Driver 285.62

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7-920, Was overclocked to 3.2ghz stable, then 3.0ghz still rock stable, running it stock now just as a test.
24GB Ram G.Skill DDR3 1600 (2 x 12gb kits. I do quite a bit of Photoshop and I got each kit for about $100)

Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing these issues, I hope nVidia figures out what's causing this and fixes it because its a REAL pain in the butt.
I just wanted to chime in, because this has been happening with me for over a month now... Thought it was just minor instability but it seems to be worse some days than others.

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked card, and had it underclocked slightly to see if that may have been causing issues but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I get the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" once or twice a week, sometimes once a day as its very sporadic, and last night it did it 5 times in a row before my system actually bluescreened on me. This was a first. Usually the whole screen goes black for a second, then things suddenly clear up and it fixes.

Not sure about the rest of you guys, but I can tell its about to crash because weird artifacts start appearing on the screen, little bars of random colors, then parts of Aero will start flickering black, if you go to drag a window across the screen it leaves a trail of flashing black seizure bars behind it... If you're watching a video, mine seem to tear in a diagonal pattern, the top left half of the video will play normally while the bottom right diagonal half will freeze and lock up before stuttering. (Audio keeps playing, only the video goes weird.) Once it crashes I usually have to re-start whatever video app I was using and things are usually fine for a day or two afterwards.

I took a video with my iPhone and can try putting it on youtube if needed showing the crash from beginning to end.

nVidia Driver 285.62

Windows 7 64bit

Intel i7-920, Was overclocked to 3.2ghz stable, then 3.0ghz still rock stable, running it stock now just as a test.

24GB Ram G.Skill DDR3 1600 (2 x 12gb kits. I do quite a bit of Photoshop and I got each kit for about $100)

Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing these issues, I hope nVidia figures out what's causing this and fixes it because its a REAL pain in the butt.

Posted 01/24/2012 08:22 PM   
I have the same problem here with my with my GeForce 8800GT.

I had my computer with the same setup for over 3 years and i never any problems. but about 1 mouth ago i started experience this error. In my case it's happens when i'm playing a video where the screen would go blank because the driver got restarted. Over the month i have never seen the error occur when the video is playing in its original size (i use vlc, media player classic) but if i make it full screen i would see the problem frequently but not always. i imagine it would be the same issue when you full screen your game plays, maybe try to play it without full screen it.

frustrating problem:(
I have the same problem here with my with my GeForce 8800GT.

I had my computer with the same setup for over 3 years and i never any problems. but about 1 mouth ago i started experience this error. In my case it's happens when i'm playing a video where the screen would go blank because the driver got restarted. Over the month i have never seen the error occur when the video is playing in its original size (i use vlc, media player classic) but if i make it full screen i would see the problem frequently but not always. i imagine it would be the same issue when you full screen your game plays, maybe try to play it without full screen it.

frustrating problem:(

Posted 01/25/2012 07:20 AM   
I am not a gamer but I too am getting the same error message, or the screen locks up with no message. This is guaranteed to happen when I'm using Internet Explorer and looking at photos on FaceBook. The error usually occurs when I try to click the arrow to the next, 2nd, photo. If I use the Apple Safari browser and look at photos on FaceBook, I can look at pictures all day, I do not get any errors or screen lock ups. I suspect there is some sort of setting in IE that is conflicting with an NVidia driver. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit with a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 on a ASRock Motherboard 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 with 2GB of DDRII (533) Ram and a NVidia GeForce 8400GS PCI-e Video card with 512MB GDDR2 memory. I do not have anything overclocked as this is the family computer and it needs to be as stable as a rock. It has the latest BIOS, V2.20, for the board and the 285.62 driver for the video card. I originally had the 275.33 driver and had the same problems so I downloaded the 285.62 driver and still get the same error. This was before I discovered the FaceBook picture veiwer worked fine with the Safari browser. I have not noticed any problems watching a DVD with Windows Media Player or any online videos, youtube, in Internet Explorer. I am also using the latest Norton 360 security program. I've had problems with Norton 360 in the past with it not allowing Paint Shop Pro X2 to open properly, but Norton fixed that in an update. I'm not saying this is the same kind of problem but maybe you could look there for any conflicts also. Getting this error all the time is frustrating with simple photo's, I couldn't imagine being a Gamer and having this problem, I'd be throwing my PC out the window! NVidia, Please Fix this error.
I am not a gamer but I too am getting the same error message, or the screen locks up with no message. This is guaranteed to happen when I'm using Internet Explorer and looking at photos on FaceBook. The error usually occurs when I try to click the arrow to the next, 2nd, photo. If I use the Apple Safari browser and look at photos on FaceBook, I can look at pictures all day, I do not get any errors or screen lock ups. I suspect there is some sort of setting in IE that is conflicting with an NVidia driver. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit with a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 on a ASRock Motherboard 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 with 2GB of DDRII (533) Ram and a NVidia GeForce 8400GS PCI-e Video card with 512MB GDDR2 memory. I do not have anything overclocked as this is the family computer and it needs to be as stable as a rock. It has the latest BIOS, V2.20, for the board and the 285.62 driver for the video card. I originally had the 275.33 driver and had the same problems so I downloaded the 285.62 driver and still get the same error. This was before I discovered the FaceBook picture veiwer worked fine with the Safari browser. I have not noticed any problems watching a DVD with Windows Media Player or any online videos, youtube, in Internet Explorer. I am also using the latest Norton 360 security program. I've had problems with Norton 360 in the past with it not allowing Paint Shop Pro X2 to open properly, but Norton fixed that in an update. I'm not saying this is the same kind of problem but maybe you could look there for any conflicts also. Getting this error all the time is frustrating with simple photo's, I couldn't imagine being a Gamer and having this problem, I'd be throwing my PC out the window! NVidia, Please Fix this error.

Posted 01/25/2012 07:56 AM   
Hi

I have the same problem, I mainly play Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3, I am running windows 7 64bit, with 4Gb ram, Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Core i7. Starcraft 2 gives me the error message running low on paged pool memory and sometimes run out of paged pool memory, whereas Battlefield gives me the "display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has succesfully recovered."

My screen randomly started artifacting in starcraft 2 but has stopped artifacting after I changed my virtual memory from 4092 to 6117mb, from there on it just seems that my graphics card restarts itself or recovers from an error after every few minutes cause while I'm playing, the screen freezes goes black for 1 or 2 seconds then lights up again and my gameplay can continue, this is really irratating...

Please fix this problem!
Hi

I have the same problem, I mainly play Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3, I am running windows 7 64bit, with 4Gb ram, Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Core i7. Starcraft 2 gives me the error message running low on paged pool memory and sometimes run out of paged pool memory, whereas Battlefield gives me the "display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has succesfully recovered."

My screen randomly started artifacting in starcraft 2 but has stopped artifacting after I changed my virtual memory from 4092 to 6117mb, from there on it just seems that my graphics card restarts itself or recovers from an error after every few minutes cause while I'm playing, the screen freezes goes black for 1 or 2 seconds then lights up again and my gameplay can continue, this is really irratating...

Please fix this problem!

Posted 01/25/2012 10:21 PM   
i7 920 @ stock
6GB RAM
MSI GTX560-Ti TwinFrozr II OC edition @ factory speeds

i'm also pissed with this /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> :

[img]http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab304/sword_fish/Scraps/Crash.jpg[/img]
i7 920 @ stock

6GB RAM

MSI GTX560-Ti TwinFrozr II OC edition @ factory speeds

i'm also pissed with this /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> :

My Rig: Project One

Posted 01/26/2012 02:10 PM   
same here with my GeForce GT 440.
It already did this with the previous driver version (278 or something like that?) but now with the 285.62 too.

This did NOT occur before approx. one week ago, although i was already having troubles with freezes/automatic reboots about once a week, which i suspect were being caused by my video card (they happen ever since i replaced my old one for this one).
same here with my GeForce GT 440.

It already did this with the previous driver version (278 or something like that?) but now with the 285.62 too.

This did NOT occur before approx. one week ago, although i was already having troubles with freezes/automatic reboots about once a week, which i suspect were being caused by my video card (they happen ever since i replaced my old one for this one).

Posted 01/26/2012 11:17 PM   
I am having the same problem. No gaming, just simple stuff - Outlook/ Chrome/Yoono desktop and maybe Word/file explorer running usually - no obvious pattern to cause of driver failure. I'm getting regular black screens which then recover (once/twice a day). I'm also getting occasional machine reboots with minimal warning - screen goes black and then machine reboots.

System specs (new machine, only 2 weeks old):
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit operating system
Windows 7 Enterprise
NVidia GeForce 8400GS (Windows Kernel mode driver, version 285.62)

A fix would be greatly appreciated!
I am having the same problem. No gaming, just simple stuff - Outlook/ Chrome/Yoono desktop and maybe Word/file explorer running usually - no obvious pattern to cause of driver failure. I'm getting regular black screens which then recover (once/twice a day). I'm also getting occasional machine reboots with minimal warning - screen goes black and then machine reboots.

System specs (new machine, only 2 weeks old):

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

Windows 7 Enterprise

NVidia GeForce 8400GS (Windows Kernel mode driver, version 285.62)

A fix would be greatly appreciated!

Posted 01/27/2012 02:04 PM   
[b]Setting the PCIe Frequency to static 100MHz or 101MHz[/b] could fix this. There was a bug with the 1366 sockel int the past, a friend says. Give it a try! This works for my machine for the last three days. Before, I had this several times a day.

My machine:
Intel i7-920, Sockel-1366
ASRock X58 Extreme3
8x Corsair XMS3 2GB (CM3X2G1333C9)
2x EVGA GeForce GTX560Ti, 2GB
Setting the PCIe Frequency to static 100MHz or 101MHz could fix this. There was a bug with the 1366 sockel int the past, a friend says. Give it a try! This works for my machine for the last three days. Before, I had this several times a day.

My machine:

ASRock X58 Extreme3

Posted 01/28/2012 04:51 PM   
[quote name='in5omni4' date='28 January 2012 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1327769461' post='1361871']
[b]Setting the PCIe Frequency to static 100MHz or 101MHz[/b] could fix this. There was a bug with the 1366 sockel int the past, a friend says. Give it a try! This works for my machine for the last three days. Before, I had this several times a day.

My machine:
ASRock X58 Extreme3
[/quote]
Could you perhaps tell us how to do this?
And by the way, i don't have an Intel CPU, so this can't be the cause.
[quote name='in5omni4' date='28 January 2012 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1327769461' post='1361871']

Setting the PCIe Frequency to static 100MHz or 101MHz could fix this. There was a bug with the 1366 sockel int the past, a friend says. Give it a try! This works for my machine for the last three days. Before, I had this several times a day.

My machine:

ASRock X58 Extreme3

Could you perhaps tell us how to do this?

And by the way, i don't have an Intel CPU, so this can't be the cause.

Posted 01/28/2012 09:37 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top