Best fans for water cooling
[font="Arial"]Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of building a new rig and I want to water cool it in the very near future. I'm going to use a 360mm rad that is 60mm thick.

Now what I kindly want to know is what are the best fans for use with rads. I have tried doing some research, but all the fans that
people list are not available in South Africa /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> . The only brands of fans I can get here are: Antec, Arctic Cooling, Coolermaster, Deepcool, Enermax, iCydock, Lian-Li, Thermalright, Vantec, Vizo, Zalman.

I almost made a mistake. I see that at 1 online shop there are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Slip Stream and Yate Loon, but they are special order items that have to be imported. Thus availability may be an issue. I have seen that many people recommend Gentle Typhoons and Yate Loon because they have good static pressure. I would appreciate any help, comments or recommendations /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' /> .[/font]
Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of building a new rig and I want to water cool it in the very near future. I'm going to use a 360mm rad that is 60mm thick.

Now what I kindly want to know is what are the best fans for use with rads. I have tried doing some research, but all the fans that

people list are not available in South Africa /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> . The only brands of fans I can get here are: Antec, Arctic Cooling, Coolermaster, Deepcool, Enermax, iCydock, Lian-Li, Thermalright, Vantec, Vizo, Zalman.

I almost made a mistake. I see that at 1 online shop there are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Slip Stream and Yate Loon, but they are special order items that have to be imported. Thus availability may be an issue. I have seen that many people recommend Gentle Typhoons and Yate Loon because they have good static pressure. I would appreciate any help, comments or recommendations /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' /> .

CPU: i5 2500K @ 3.8GHz (Still stock cooler that's why)

GPU: Inno3D GTX 680

Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3

RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 1600MHz CL9 2x 4GB @ 1866MHz

HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB RAID0

PSU: Corsair TX750

Case: Antec 900

Mouse: Gigabyte M8000X

Mouse Pad: Roccat Alumic

Keyboard: Logitech MX3200

Monitor: Samsung 22" B2233

Posted 01/15/2012 04:02 PM   
[font="Arial"]Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of building a new rig and I want to water cool it in the very near future. I'm going to use a 360mm rad that is 60mm thick.

I almost made a mistake. I see that at 1 online shop there are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Slip Stream and Yate Loon, but they are special order items that have to be imported. Thus availability may be an issue. I have seen that many people recommend Gentle Typhoons and Yate Loon because they have good static pressure. I would appreciate any help, comments or recommendations /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' /> .[/font]
Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of building a new rig and I want to water cool it in the very near future. I'm going to use a 360mm rad that is 60mm thick.

I almost made a mistake. I see that at 1 online shop there are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Slip Stream and Yate Loon, but they are special order items that have to be imported. Thus availability may be an issue. I have seen that many people recommend Gentle Typhoons and Yate Loon because they have good static pressure. I would appreciate any help, comments or recommendations /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' /> .

Posted 01/15/2012 04:02 PM   
You mind noisy fans ? The Noctua NF-P12 series are the best fans for heatsinks and radiators @ low noise friendly enviroment (If you can get your hands on them). The size of the 9 fan blades makes a huge pressure, making it easier to pull more air through the fins of a heatsink/radiator.

However, most people are sceptic about Noctua's color scheme, which I really don't understand...

So if you can find a fan that is similar to the NF-P12 blade-design and performance, get it !!
You mind noisy fans ? The Noctua NF-P12 series are the best fans for heatsinks and radiators @ low noise friendly enviroment (If you can get your hands on them). The size of the 9 fan blades makes a huge pressure, making it easier to pull more air through the fins of a heatsink/radiator.

However, most people are sceptic about Noctua's color scheme, which I really don't understand...

So if you can find a fan that is similar to the NF-P12 blade-design and performance, get it !!

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 01/15/2012 04:27 PM   

Posted 01/15/2012 04:27 PM   
Unfortunately I won't be able to get those. Now the search is on for something similar though
Unfortunately I won't be able to get those. Now the search is on for something similar though

Posted 01/15/2012 09:19 PM   

Posted 01/15/2012 09:19 PM   
What is the vendor of your rad? Each vendor has a certain thickness and density associated with their radiators which will govern which rads will best suite your needs.

In a nut shell, more air flow will give more cooling. However, based on your noise tolerance, we can narrow down what fans work the best for you. Depending on the density of your radiator, generally, you want to pay closer attention to static pressure than CFM.

Here are some good places to start researching fans and rads:

http://martinsliquidlab.org/category/radiators/
http://martinsliquidlab.petrastech.com/
http://skinneelabs.com/
What is the vendor of your rad? Each vendor has a certain thickness and density associated with their radiators which will govern which rads will best suite your needs.

In a nut shell, more air flow will give more cooling. However, based on your noise tolerance, we can narrow down what fans work the best for you. Depending on the density of your radiator, generally, you want to pay closer attention to static pressure than CFM.

Here are some good places to start researching fans and rads:

http://martinsliquidlab.org/category/radiators/

http://martinsliquidlab.petrastech.com/

http://skinneelabs.com/

Making stupid look good.

Rig:

Thermaltake Armor

Q9650 @ 4.05, 1800FSB

Striker II Extreme

4GB Patriot 2000 @ 8-8-8-26

x2 150GB WD VRaptor Drives in RAID 0

x2 Segate 320GB RAID 0 Secondary Data Backup

-1TB and 750GB Western Digital Mybooks for backup

x3 EVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI @ 1.45V ~900 core, 2300 shader, 1250 mem

Watercooling:

FuZion 2.0

Enzotech NB Block

x3 Swiftech Obsidians

MCP 655 With EK Top Rev 2

120 and 240 Black Ice Pro GT Stealth Rads

120 DangerDen XFlow rad

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=145895: Watercooling Guide for Beginners

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=138732: Watercooling Pics Posted Here

Posted 01/16/2012 04:29 PM   
I'm planning on getting a XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 WaterCooling Kit. My PC doesn't have to be silent, but I don't want it sounding like a helicopter trying to take off next to me /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' /> . I will probably use it in push/pull later on
I'm planning on getting a XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 WaterCooling Kit. My PC doesn't have to be silent, but I don't want it sounding like a helicopter trying to take off next to me /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' /> . I will probably use it in push/pull later on

Posted 01/16/2012 07:28 PM   
Hmm, from what I've heard you should stay away from anything with a XSPC-logo on it /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

I'd personally go with HW Labs radiator, Swiftech resevoir/pump, and DangerDen or EK waterblocks.
Hmm, from what I've heard you should stay away from anything with a XSPC-logo on it /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

I'd personally go with HW Labs radiator, Swiftech resevoir/pump, and DangerDen or EK waterblocks.

Posted 01/16/2012 08:34 PM   
That's strange, on OC3D Tom was quite fond of the XSPC RS360 kit. He uses a lot of XSPC parts. I know Swiftech is very good, but in South Africa all I can get my hands on are XSPC or EK kits. If I were to buy a Swiftech pump it would cost me half the price of the XSPC RX360 kit. Now I like quality as much as the next guy but thats just pushing my budget way through the roof. Even the EK kit costs a third more. I read a review on the XSPC RS360 radiator on 1 of the links that StAndrew gave and the guy actually gave it a good review. I know it's not the best kit in the world, but for the price it's not bad and it kicks a H100's ass
That's strange, on OC3D Tom was quite fond of the XSPC RS360 kit. He uses a lot of XSPC parts. I know Swiftech is very good, but in South Africa all I can get my hands on are XSPC or EK kits. If I were to buy a Swiftech pump it would cost me half the price of the XSPC RX360 kit. Now I like quality as much as the next guy but thats just pushing my budget way through the roof. Even the EK kit costs a third more. I read a review on the XSPC RS360 radiator on 1 of the links that StAndrew gave and the guy actually gave it a good review. I know it's not the best kit in the world, but for the price it's not bad and it kicks a H100's ass

Posted 01/16/2012 08:47 PM   
Xspc is very good, i wouldnt worry at all. Its not too dense so you wont need extreme staric pressure fans. Check out the fan reviews and pick somethig out with ~2000rpms (higher for better performance).
Xspc is very good, i wouldnt worry at all. Its not too dense so you wont need extreme staric pressure fans. Check out the fan reviews and pick somethig out with ~2000rpms (higher for better performance).

Making stupid look good.

Rig:

Thermaltake Armor

Q9650 @ 4.05, 1800FSB

Striker II Extreme

4GB Patriot 2000 @ 8-8-8-26

x2 150GB WD VRaptor Drives in RAID 0

x2 Segate 320GB RAID 0 Secondary Data Backup

-1TB and 750GB Western Digital Mybooks for backup

x3 EVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI @ 1.45V ~900 core, 2300 shader, 1250 mem

Watercooling:

FuZion 2.0

Enzotech NB Block

x3 Swiftech Obsidians

MCP 655 With EK Top Rev 2

120 and 240 Black Ice Pro GT Stealth Rads

120 DangerDen XFlow rad

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=145895: Watercooling Guide for Beginners

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=138732: Watercooling Pics Posted Here

Posted 01/17/2012 01:27 AM   
What the heck was my post doing here? Im absolutely shure that I didnt posted it here, some wierd forum bug, sorry for the weird intervention... Really strange....
What the heck was my post doing here? Im absolutely shure that I didnt posted it here, some wierd forum bug, sorry for the weird intervention... Really strange....

Posted 01/18/2012 08:11 PM   
I use 2 XSPC radiators (360 and 240mm) in my loop and have 1850RPM gentle typhoons on them via a fan controller. Got all 5 of them (push and pull configuration, but separately) linked to the fan controller at half speed and the temps are very good on my 2 3gb 580GTX cards which idle at 28/25C and get upto 48C/45C whilst playing BF3 on ultra at 120hz. These fans are also VERY quiet when at half speed, yet pretty damn loud at 1850....
I use 2 XSPC radiators (360 and 240mm) in my loop and have 1850RPM gentle typhoons on them via a fan controller. Got all 5 of them (push and pull configuration, but separately) linked to the fan controller at half speed and the temps are very good on my 2 3gb 580GTX cards which idle at 28/25C and get upto 48C/45C whilst playing BF3 on ultra at 120hz. These fans are also VERY quiet when at half speed, yet pretty damn loud at 1850....

i7 3930k - Asus Rampage IV Formula - Kingston 16gb 2400mhz - Samsung 128gb 840 PRO - Seagate 2tb hdd - SLI Geforce TITANs - BenQ 2411T - Corsair 600T silver - Corsair H100 - Seasonic 1250w - Logitech G500 - Edifier 1900TII - Cherry G80-3000

Posted 01/26/2012 09:51 PM   
coolermaster make excalibur which are good fans with easy of cleaning as the blades are removable and they come in many sizes most going to atleast 2000 rpm, they also have alot of nice feature like perforated cages for sucking in more air in confined space
coolermaster make excalibur which are good fans with easy of cleaning as the blades are removable and they come in many sizes most going to atleast 2000 rpm, they also have alot of nice feature like perforated cages for sucking in more air in confined space

Posted 01/26/2012 11:38 PM   
Scroll To Top