Skyrim Performance Skyrim performance with GTX 560ti 448 and AMD Athlon II x4
So I'm looking for anyway to increase my performance with skyrim. I have read around and turns out that skyrim seems to be really CPU bound and not GPU bound. I can run BF3 no problem with my new GTX560 ti 448 and with my current Athlon II x4(Which I'm looking to upgrade to a phenom since my mobo only supports AM3 socket) So is there anyway to increase my FPS in skyrim, or should I just upgrade my cpu and see from there. Other info if needed. I'm running Windows 7x64, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Skyrim is running off my 60GB OCZ Vertex plus SSD.
So I'm looking for anyway to increase my performance with skyrim. I have read around and turns out that skyrim seems to be really CPU bound and not GPU bound. I can run BF3 no problem with my new GTX560 ti 448 and with my current Athlon II x4(Which I'm looking to upgrade to a phenom since my mobo only supports AM3 socket) So is there anyway to increase my FPS in skyrim, or should I just upgrade my cpu and see from there. Other info if needed. I'm running Windows 7x64, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Skyrim is running off my 60GB OCZ Vertex plus SSD.

Posted 01/07/2012 10:51 AM   
Any Athlon/Phenom processor that isn't a 'Black Edition' won't have an unlocked multiplier (allows you to keep stock FSB/HT). If you're willing to overclock it via FSB or turn down your settings in Skyrim, those would be your options short of buying new components. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

What would be your budget for a new CPU, by the way? Oh, and can you specify the make/model of your motherboard?
Any Athlon/Phenom processor that isn't a 'Black Edition' won't have an unlocked multiplier (allows you to keep stock FSB/HT). If you're willing to overclock it via FSB or turn down your settings in Skyrim, those would be your options short of buying new components. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

What would be your budget for a new CPU, by the way? Oh, and can you specify the make/model of your motherboard?

GeForce® 560 Ti Designed and Built by NVIDIA®

Posted 01/07/2012 07:17 PM   
search for something called skyboost, its a little mod that basically lessens the bottleneck generated by the CPU in skyrim. if it still runs slow, consider droping texture quality to high instead of running ultra. shadow quality is the main fps killer in skyrim.
search for something called skyboost, its a little mod that basically lessens the bottleneck generated by the CPU in skyrim. if it still runs slow, consider droping texture quality to high instead of running ultra. shadow quality is the main fps killer in skyrim.

Posted 01/10/2012 03:05 PM   
Scroll To Top