Starwars TOR has messed up my graphics card
Well i been playing SWTOR since early access and only problems i had were low fps, there was a patch on Tuesday (4th jan) and it caused my graphic's card to crash. There been 3 patches so far since then, it made my fps alot better and i was able to enter the game and play for 5mins without problems, BUT after awhile my graphics card crashes (blue screen of death)and now playing other games or videos (from youtube etc) in full screen causes same type of crashes like SWTOR caused

Types of crashes i been having usually black screen with red dots, screen going funny, vertical lines of coding down the the screen, graphics card turning itself off, blue screen of death

The graphics card i have is Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT

I did contact customer support for SWTOR but since the problem it caused with my graphics card to spread so any full screen program or video causes it to crash i thought i try here for some help to solve my problem
Well i been playing SWTOR since early access and only problems i had were low fps, there was a patch on Tuesday (4th jan) and it caused my graphic's card to crash. There been 3 patches so far since then, it made my fps alot better and i was able to enter the game and play for 5mins without problems, BUT after awhile my graphics card crashes (blue screen of death)and now playing other games or videos (from youtube etc) in full screen causes same type of crashes like SWTOR caused

Types of crashes i been having usually black screen with red dots, screen going funny, vertical lines of coding down the the screen, graphics card turning itself off, blue screen of death

The graphics card i have is Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT

I did contact customer support for SWTOR but since the problem it caused with my graphics card to spread so any full screen program or video causes it to crash i thought i try here for some help to solve my problem

Posted 01/07/2012 09:46 AM   
SWTOR didnt mess up your video card. Your video card messed up playing SWTOR. Since you say its happening in multiple applications now then its most likely the video card chip has had a partial failure and is now defective. Time to upgrade!
SWTOR didnt mess up your video card. Your video card messed up playing SWTOR. Since you say its happening in multiple applications now then its most likely the video card chip has had a partial failure and is now defective. Time to upgrade!

Posted 01/08/2012 05:00 PM   
This is the same thing that happened to me. I am getting ready to go get another video card and try it in my machine to see if it is the card, the drivers or SWTOR. I hope someone from somewhere can help us with this.
This is the same thing that happened to me. I am getting ready to go get another video card and try it in my machine to see if it is the card, the drivers or SWTOR. I hope someone from somewhere can help us with this.

Posted 01/08/2012 05:58 PM   
[quote name='Annex' date='08 January 2012 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1326042033' post='1353313']
[/quote]

Then please explain to me why was i able to play the game for weeks with no problem then after the patch i get nothing but problems trying to play the game. If it happened on the first day i played the game i would agree with you fully but since it happened after the patch i'm more led to belive that the patch is the problem and not my graphics card. I'm sure the hard crashes may cause my graphics card to be defective but i will have to see in the next few days
[quote name='Annex' date='08 January 2012 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1326042033' post='1353313']

Then please explain to me why was i able to play the game for weeks with no problem then after the patch i get nothing but problems trying to play the game. If it happened on the first day i played the game i would agree with you fully but since it happened after the patch i'm more led to belive that the patch is the problem and not my graphics card. I'm sure the hard crashes may cause my graphics card to be defective but i will have to see in the next few days

Posted 01/09/2012 05:15 AM   
Same thing for me too. Ever since the patch on 1/6 my computer has been randomly restarting while playing the game. Started playing first day of early access with 120 fps and now am lucky to get 60fps down to 30fps in some areas. Alot of people have started having problems the past week. Some before then but seems like with each patch more people have been complaining about their cards getting fried. And I know mine wasnt a heat issue cause my GPU stays around 50c and CPU stays around 35c. Ive played games with more demanding graphics than swtor with no problems whatsoever.

I am using 460 .
Same thing for me too. Ever since the patch on 1/6 my computer has been randomly restarting while playing the game. Started playing first day of early access with 120 fps and now am lucky to get 60fps down to 30fps in some areas. Alot of people have started having problems the past week. Some before then but seems like with each patch more people have been complaining about their cards getting fried. And I know mine wasnt a heat issue cause my GPU stays around 50c and CPU stays around 35c. Ive played games with more demanding graphics than swtor with no problems whatsoever.

I am using 460 .

Posted 01/09/2012 08:34 AM   
[quote name='Prossy' date='09 January 2012 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1326086132' post='1353517']
[/quote]

You said its happening in other games too yes? So what does SWTOR patching have to do with other games? Nothing. Its the same how one day you go to start your car and it doesnt start. And yet the previous day it started fine? Well today isnt yesterday. Today is the day when something died or broke. One day you press the power button and your motherboard or powersupply too will give you the finger and say NOPE, not going to happen. Its called a stress failure and it happens all the time. Yes I could be wrong in my assessment, and if you buy a new video card and you have the same problem then you can always return it and troubleshoot things further with your current hardware.
[quote name='Prossy' date='09 January 2012 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1326086132' post='1353517']

You said its happening in other games too yes? So what does SWTOR patching have to do with other games? Nothing. Its the same how one day you go to start your car and it doesnt start. And yet the previous day it started fine? Well today isnt yesterday. Today is the day when something died or broke. One day you press the power button and your motherboard or powersupply too will give you the finger and say NOPE, not going to happen. Its called a stress failure and it happens all the time. Yes I could be wrong in my assessment, and if you buy a new video card and you have the same problem then you can always return it and troubleshoot things further with your current hardware.

Posted 01/09/2012 02:13 PM   
Scroll To Top