'View Storage Configuration' Thread
[quote name='neilbah' date='05 January 2012 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1325765785' post='1351867']
Specifically this thread concerns itself with NVidia Control Panels 'View Storage Configuration'.

Originally NVidia Control Panels 'View Storage Configuration' did not show my drives, as i hear many others have this issue. so i removed my nvidia raid device drivers in device manager and rebooted, at this point the raid complained it was degraded at the mediashield prompt. Once windows 7 booted i installed nforce 15.58 again, this meant that the mirror had to rebuild but it now showed correctly as a mirror in nvidia 'View Storage Configuration', Its now a mirror of 2x500GB Seagates and i can choose synchronise drives and error check at last. happy? :)... not quite, i tested the performance and got 60MBPs at highest which was a bit dissapointing..both drives have passed seagate test software, both are sata 2 and the raid was synchronised. Windows update is reccomending driver updates for the nvidia Raid Controller - but if i install these updates my configuration dissapears again from the nvidia 'view storage configuration' despite still operating - mediashield reports that it needs rebuilding again after POST, but now it cannot be done in windows!?? how odd.. glad i had a system restore point.

Theres probably lots of threads about NVRaid and theres not enough time to read them all. The problem im having is not unique to myself and leaves me wondering if NVRaid is worth doing at all on the home PC. 2 out of the 4x500GB drives i had in RAID 5 died within a week of each other which made me suspect the RAID feature is not working properly and perhapse its not synchronised or something? Does Raid synchronise the drives itself anyway regardless of if they can be seen by the nvidia software? what drivers are people running and has anyone tested their setups performance?

I include a screen of device manager when nvidia view storage works
[/quote]

[quote name='neilbah' date='05 January 2012 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1325780222' post='1351967']
if windows update put the latest drivers on for the RAID controller, then this happens - see attached pic, the problem is then that you cant rebuild the RAID in windows or synchronise the drives, its just a strange problem
[/quote]
[quote name='neilbah' date='05 January 2012 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1325765785' post='1351867']

Specifically this thread concerns itself with NVidia Control Panels 'View Storage Configuration'.

Originally NVidia Control Panels 'View Storage Configuration' did not show my drives, as i hear many others have this issue. so i removed my nvidia raid device drivers in device manager and rebooted, at this point the raid complained it was degraded at the mediashield prompt. Once windows 7 booted i installed nforce 15.58 again, this meant that the mirror had to rebuild but it now showed correctly as a mirror in nvidia 'View Storage Configuration', Its now a mirror of 2x500GB Seagates and i can choose synchronise drives and error check at last. happy? :)... not quite, i tested the performance and got 60MBPs at highest which was a bit dissapointing..both drives have passed seagate test software, both are sata 2 and the raid was synchronised. Windows update is reccomending driver updates for the nvidia Raid Controller - but if i install these updates my configuration dissapears again from the nvidia 'view storage configuration' despite still operating - mediashield reports that it needs rebuilding again after POST, but now it cannot be done in windows!?? how odd.. glad i had a system restore point.

Theres probably lots of threads about NVRaid and theres not enough time to read them all. The problem im having is not unique to myself and leaves me wondering if NVRaid is worth doing at all on the home PC. 2 out of the 4x500GB drives i had in RAID 5 died within a week of each other which made me suspect the RAID feature is not working properly and perhapse its not synchronised or something? Does Raid synchronise the drives itself anyway regardless of if they can be seen by the nvidia software? what drivers are people running and has anyone tested their setups performance?

I include a screen of device manager when nvidia view storage works

[quote name='neilbah' date='05 January 2012 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1325780222' post='1351967']

if windows update put the latest drivers on for the RAID controller, then this happens - see attached pic, the problem is then that you cant rebuild the RAID in windows or synchronise the drives, its just a strange problem

Posted 01/05/2012 05:12 PM   
Here are the screens
Here are the screens

Posted 01/05/2012 05:15 PM   
Scroll To Top