nforce 750a sli and sata2
Hello. I am currently using an Asus M4N75TD motherboard with the nforce 750a sli chipset. I recently purchased a Patriot Memory Pyro 120gb sata 3 ssd. For some reason it is defaulting to the sata 1 spec and will not change itself to the sata 2 spec. I know my motherboard does not support sata 3 which isn't the problem. I did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64-bit straight to the ssd and it runs just fine. My main goal is to get my ssd to run at the sata 2 spec. My storage drive is an old western digital raptor that uses the sata 1 spec. Could that be why my ssd won't run at sata 2? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevant system specs:
Asus M4N75TD motherborad
Pyro 120gb sata 3 ssd
AMD Phenom II X6 1055t
Western Digital Velociraptor 500gb
evga nvidia gtx 560 ti
Hello. I am currently using an Asus M4N75TD motherboard with the nforce 750a sli chipset. I recently purchased a Patriot Memory Pyro 120gb sata 3 ssd. For some reason it is defaulting to the sata 1 spec and will not change itself to the sata 2 spec. I know my motherboard does not support sata 3 which isn't the problem. I did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64-bit straight to the ssd and it runs just fine. My main goal is to get my ssd to run at the sata 2 spec. My storage drive is an old western digital raptor that uses the sata 1 spec. Could that be why my ssd won't run at sata 2? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevant system specs:

Asus M4N75TD motherborad

Pyro 120gb sata 3 ssd

AMD Phenom II X6 1055t

Western Digital Velociraptor 500gb

evga nvidia gtx 560 ti

Posted 01/04/2012 06:41 PM   
I have same issue with an M4N82 sli and Mushkin SSD, runs at Sata 1 rate instead of Sata 2. Once in a great while it shows it running at Sata 2 speeds, it's wierd un-repeatable occurence however. Seems this is a frequent issue with the nForce chipset
I have same issue with an M4N82 sli and Mushkin SSD, runs at Sata 1 rate instead of Sata 2. Once in a great while it shows it running at Sata 2 speeds, it's wierd un-repeatable occurence however. Seems this is a frequent issue with the nForce chipset

Posted 01/10/2012 01:36 PM   
[quote name='mashbrook' date='10 January 2012 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1326202592' post='1354166']
[/quote]

I'm going to assume that's what the problem is as it is barely faster than my 10,000 rpm Western Digital Raptor. For some reason it goes a lot faster when loading and exiting out of windows so I'm going to assume it's something with the chipset drivers. Even one of the tech support guys on the Patriot Memory forums is rather confused by this as well.
[quote name='mashbrook' date='10 January 2012 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1326202592' post='1354166']

I'm going to assume that's what the problem is as it is barely faster than my 10,000 rpm Western Digital Raptor. For some reason it goes a lot faster when loading and exiting out of windows so I'm going to assume it's something with the chipset drivers. Even one of the tech support guys on the Patriot Memory forums is rather confused by this as well.

Posted 01/10/2012 10:32 PM   
@ Talouse and mashbrook:

Welcome at NVIDIA Forums!

Please have a look into [url=http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?96124-Anyone-with-SATA1-speeds-on-a-SATA2-chipset-look-here.]>this<[/url] thread. Maybe you will find there a solution for your problem.

Regards
Fernando
@ Talouse and mashbrook:

Please have a look into >this< thread. Maybe you will find there a solution for your problem.

Regards

Fernando

Posted 01/12/2012 10:06 PM   
@ Talouse and mashbrook:

Please have a look into [url=http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?96124-Anyone-with-SATA1-speeds-on-a-SATA2-chipset-look-here.]>this<[/url] thread. Maybe you will find there a solution for your problem.

Regards
Fernando
@ Talouse and mashbrook:

Please have a look into >this< thread. Maybe you will find there a solution for your problem.

Regards

Fernando

Posted 01/12/2012 10:06 PM   
Unfortunately that "mac" fix did not correct the problem. I believe it has to do with the fact that I don't have an OCZ Sandforce 3 drive. The command line was spitting out "^OM" every time I pressed enter to apply the fix.
Unfortunately that "mac" fix did not correct the problem. I believe it has to do with the fact that I don't have an OCZ Sandforce 3 drive. The command line was spitting out "^OM" every time I pressed enter to apply the fix.

Posted 01/14/2012 07:46 PM   

Posted 01/14/2012 07:46 PM   
Scroll To Top